“Confucious say, best authentic filipino food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: A Musical Restaurant
“Confucious say, best authentic filipino food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

To the ruler, the people are heaven; to the people, food is heaven. This place is truly a piece of heaven in Manila. There might be a plethora of filipino restaurants in manila, but nothing come close to authenticity and great taste. Great authentic filipino food and the desserts are to die for! Please save room for them. The singing cooks & waiters are very entertaining. If you want to know what filipino food should taste like, this place is a must try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manila
“Hidden Gem in Manila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the privilege of meeting with the owners, Gary and Love. In a nutshell, their restaurant is a gem in Manila! I would definitely recommend anyone who wants to experience the local "Great Filipino Hospitality with Matching Amazing Singing". The waiters and cooks use their personalities, and end up with a very entertaining performance, and the end result is that my night was very enjoyable. The food was amazing and I can confidently say that it is one of the most delicious Filipino dishes I have tasted. The place is a little old but gives that antique feel and adds to its charm. It is very authentic and Filipino, and can be enjoyed by young, old, local, and foreign customers. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a great night out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rita, Guam
“Great food & great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love this place! The food was great, the service was great & the entertainment was awesome. For anyone who is traveling to Manila has to try this place if you haven't tried it already....

Visited July 2013
Oak Park, California
“A MUST Experience in the Philippines!!! Best Authentic Filipino Food with entertainment. Better than Luau.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I always have regrets when I come back from a visit in the Philippines. I usually ask myself, why do I feel unfulfilled? Finally, i had my answer. It dawned on me that when I go home to the Philippines, I only eat in recommended restaurants that are popular at the moment, usually foreign fusions, hotels restaurants or buffets. This time, I made it a point to search for something local...as they say, do as the locals do. I was very pleased with the waiters and staff who sang and entertained us while eating the best sizzling sisig, inihaw na baboy, Kare-Kare, PNB ( all the crispy parts of crispy pata), sago and gulaman and of course, the to-die-for dessert, leche flan with ice-cream. Not one of these dishes failed me. I am now in dreamland and looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited July 2013
Manila
“Super entertaining; performances better than what you see on TV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've heard many times that this place is great but didn't go because I thought it will be too tacky, too touristy, a cliche, and will have bad food.
But decided to give it a try last year with some visiting friends from Vietnam and it was veeeeery ENTERTAINING! Went back again this year. Tacky, maybe. But the cooks and waiters are solid performers - they're not just singers, they dance too and they give off that enjoyable vibe. You can feel that they're enjoying themselves - I actually felt like they're jamming with friends at a garage and we're just peeping through the gates - until they pull you out of your chairs to join them or until they give you a flower made of tissue.
They sing a wide variety of songs - from kundiman songs to Lady Gaga.
You can ask for songs for them to sing and they'll happily sing them if they think they've practiced enough. A friend asked for James Blunt's You're Beautiful - after asking his colleagues, he came back and said sorry that they can't sing it because it's not yet perfect. Adorable!
The Filipino food they serve is great but avoid the sandwiches and salads.
Save some space in your camera and load up on cash in your wallets! You'll definitely want to keep videos of your Singing Cooks and Waiters experience and leave a big tip for one of the best mini concerts you'll ever see.

• Visited April 2013