“convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kabayan Hotel Pasay

Save Saved
You added Kabayan Hotel Pasay to your Saves list
Kabayan Hotel Pasay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2878 Zamora St., Rotonda Pasay City, Pasay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Pasay
Iloilo City, Philippines
“convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stay at this hotel most of the time whenever we went to Manila. Transportation wise, it's a convenient hotel, LRT, MRT, public buses and jeepneys as well as taxis. Drugstores, 24 hour convenience store, fastfood chains, and malls nearby. Staffs are courteous. They provide toiletries, good breakfast, and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lubbock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were supposed to land in Legazpi City when, poor visibility made our plane turned back to Manila. Late afternoon, we were in a frantic to search for a decent hotel to spend the night. We booked it online and after an hour we were already at the front desk. Checking in was a brisk. The room was clean and it has all the toiletries including toothbrush. To while the night away, we went down to where the shop was and downed a few bottles of cold beer. The food and drinks were good for the price. The waiters also were quick in taking our orders and so courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hi my name is damien auksorius , I stayed here over the Christmas break and we both loved the value for money we got , the rooms were very nice and the price included all you can eat breakfast , What a saving , as we didn't need to eat much that day , loved the place , thanks again

• Stayed December 2013
Southampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a very long flight, all you want to do is rest and put your feet up. This wasn't my case. There was a very long queue of customers checking in - many of them do not have advanced bookings - making the process much longer. We had a Family Room but we were cramped on a tiny space. Staff was helpful. Complimentary breakfast was average, if not below it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Reasonable value when booked online as we did - the rack rate was almost 40% higher. Several people hadn’t booked in advance and check-in took quite a while as we queued behind two groups of them. We arrived and left in the dark so cannot really judge the immediate location but it didn’t look like the sort of place where you might want to go for a stroll – but perhaps we shouldn’t judge that as we didn’t see it in daylight. The room was clean and basic, contained a comfortable double and a single bed, a fridge containing a flask of cold water, good wi-fi reception and the shower was hot – all we needed for our brief stay apart from good food. There was a set meal for 125 pesos but it didn’t look appetising so we ordered Pancit Canton from the menu – it was the worst meal we had during our three week stay in the Philippines - the noodles were watery, overcooked and tasteless. I did order Heart of Palm Lumpia (spring rolls) and, to be fair, they were crispy and good when dipped in the accompanying sauce. Breakfast was available from 0400 hours (the earliest start I've ever encountered in a hotel). We were required to place a tick against two items on our breakfast vouchers to assist the servers in dishing out the meat portion of the breakfast – I opted for Pork Tortillas and both they and the fried egg were barely warm. As always, the staff were fine and, for the online price, I would recommend the hotel as far as accommodation and location as an airport hotel are concerned – it took us 15 minutes to get to Terminal 1 at 0515 in the morning, there was no problem getting a meter taxi outside and the journey cost 130 pesos.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to try their kapsule bed for a very long time. I've tried all of their rooms from premium to pad 1 to pad 2 and even suprieror rooms. So, when I had a chance to travel back to Philippines alone last December 2013, I really have to try it this time! Excited and I booked their kapsule bed when they had a promotion of P750/night on their website. I spent 4 nights here on different dates between 28 December to 6 January 2014.

My verdict for the Kapsule bed:

Advantages:
When you go inside the room, you will a 12 bunk beds for female. There is a 2 shared toilets and 12 lockers for each guests with a key of course. The bed is comfortable. You will be given 1 pillow, fresh towel and bedsheet. When you open your locker, you will be provided a slippers (used) and hangers for your clothes. The locker can store my 27" luggage bag for safety specially when you are sleeping. Wifi is also accessible as it is located in 2nd floor only.

Disadvantages:
1) You can hear your room mates' noise and 2) there are only 2 bathrooms (shared toilet). If all of you were to use the bathroom at the same time, you have to wait for your turn or if your neighbours were too noisy, you can just wait for them to leave. But anyway, it doesn't bother me much because when I go back to the Hotel (my kapsule bed) - I am really dead tired. I will sleep regardless of the noise around me.

Bottomline:
I would still recommend the Kapsule. Good value for solo travellers!

Room Tip: You can request to get a kapsule bed on the first floor (as it is a two storey).