“A comfortable hotel, close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% OFF - Special Deal
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Pasay
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A comfortable hotel, close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at the Heritage Hotel on the night prior to our departure from the Philippines. I contacted this and other hotels close to the airport by email with a number of queries and settled on the Heritage because of the prompt, informative and welcoming response I received from the hotel. I felt valued as a customer and this prompted me to book.
The hotel is slightly dated but our room was larger than average, spotlessly clean, with very comfortable beds and a bath which I could probably have gone for a swim in. I thought it excellent value for money, given its facilities and proximity to the airport. We did not book breakfast as we had a very early departure but did enjoy a few drinks in the hotel bar and had a nice snack in the cafe. Prices were on the steep side but certainly nothing outrageous. The pool and pool area looked very welcoming indeed but ultimately we did not make use of it despite the pool being one of the facilities which drew me to booking the hotel. The Heritage is on a very busy street but unlike some other reviewers, we were not bothered at all by noise and had a very nice view from our window
Front of house staff were professional and helpful and check in and check out were quick and unproblematic. The security staff and doormen were friendly and very helpful and did show some concern when we said we wanted to go out for a walk around the surrounding streets. We heeded their suggestions regarding personal safety and pressed ahead. The area is a little run down but we enjoyed the little market area at back of the hotel - although I am not sure I would have gone for a stroll around the area at night.
All in all this was a good choice for us – comfortable, convenient and good value for money. I would most certainly recommend the Heritage for an overnight stay following ( or before ) a flight and would be perfectly comfortable here for a longer stay or for a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you are concerned about noise from the busy road
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear trishandambrose,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and gracious recommendation. It is our guests' satisfaction that drives us to excel in what we do and keeps the warm smiles on our staff's faces each day.

We appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our university had its regular Leaders' Development Program at the function rooms at the 2nd floor of the hotel (Salle d'Avignon, Salle de Toulouse and Salle de Bordeaux). The rooms were very good for our purpose. They were conducive to teaching sessions, discussions and small group interaction. For me, the room temperature was just right. The waiters were very cordial and alert in serving us. But the food was just average. The pork and chicken were bland. They could have provided some sauce for the pork. And when the spaghetti was served for merienda, it was already cold. Should we hold our future sessions there again, we might as well give them some feedback on the food they served..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear NelsonAnthony,

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and rest assured we have taken note of your comments regarding our food service. Your comments are valuable in fulfilling our incessant desire to improve our service to our guests.

We look forward to having you and your university colleagues back in our hotel and we wish you the best in all your projects/endeavors.
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had an overnight transfer so booked a hotel near the airport. We booked directly on the hotel's website and got a reasonably good rate. Remember to factor in all taxes and service charges when comparing with other websites!

Email contact with staff was OK to pre-arrange airport transfers 800 peso each way (or you can take a metered taxi, which should cost around 200-300 peso). And pick up at Terminal 1 was fine - exit arrivals and turn right to hotel lounges and transfers (or left for taxis).

When we arrived, the reception staff didn't really know how to check us in (not trained?) and kept jumping from computer to computer, as if they couldn't find our booking. Eventually, they checked us into a room. But when we got out the elevator there was a terrible smell and they gave us a smoking room, even though they specifically asked us if we wanted no-smoking at check-in, in which we said yes. On our first call, they said no non-smoking rooms were available and offered to give us an air-purifier. But after about an hour (1 hour wasted rest time!), they moved us to a different floor that had non-smoking rooms. The room was fine - nothing special but we could take a shower and sleep before our early departure. Wasn't able to try breakfast due to checking out at 6:30 am.

Would not stay again - in hindsight, I would pay a little bit more for one of the hotels next to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear robato_kun,

Thank you for choosing the Heritage Hotel Manila. We apologize for the temporary non-availability of a non-smoking room during your check-in and rest assured that we have taken note of all your preferences.

We hope to welcome you back to our doors and we eagerly look forward to providing you a more relaxing and enjoyable experience on your next visit.
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have always said that I will provide an honest view as follows. Big and grand for sure .. nice reception area and reasonable rooms - until I discovered the catch!!!

I booked with booking.com and my room was a little dated and indeed had to be changed because of electrical problems.

One hour later I finally got moved surprisingly to the same standard room although with added benefits like the mini bar stocked, complimentary items too etc. I asked why not in my first room such items - the reply was a little shocking - if you book through a booking site commission we pay mean we take out some of the items for cost savings!!! Interesting I thought - so my advice book direct.

Off to the restaurant I decided to take the world buffet. off I went and selected my starter and suddenly I was approached saying we close in eight minutes !!!! Hmm so what do I do.. go now chose what you want and we leave them there whist we clear away.

So if this review is not what you might be expecting I refer you to my profile - I am a professional traveller with great experience and I write as I see it overall. As for booking.co I will contact directly.

Room Tip: make sure you get what you are expecting and indeed are paying for.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear WhickerSmith,

Thank you for staying at the Heritage Hotel Manila. On behalf of the management, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Rest assured that we have noted your feedback and you have our utmost assurance that we will endeavor to improve it.

We look forward to providing you a smooth, seamless and overall delightful hotel experience on your next visit.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel. Lucky only one night. I never had a bed bug bite in my life before this tramp hotel. You never can tell. My neck, arms, chest are covered with welts. Fair warning. Maybe not every room has bedbugs, but the one I stayed in was one of the worst stays in my life, and I spend many nights in Asia.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear wenter,

Thank you for staying at The Heritage Hotel Manila. We immediately undertook an investigation on the room where you had stayed last 18-19 June 2014.

Upon thorough inspection, our pest control provider discovered that the room had no bed bug infestation. Subsequently, after your check-out, the room was likewise used by one of our guests and no complaint of any presence of bedbugs was reported. Nevertheless, we had the room treated and fumigated after we received your comment.

We nonetheless apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and we hope to provide you a pleasant stay with full service satisfaction on your next visit.
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Heritage is a huge American style hotel, not unlike the Hilton. It is a great choice for a foreigner and the staff in particular the Duty Manager Noyi Lim were exxcellent. The rooms are good and clean and the food and bar are excellent. Foreign men are not constantly targeted at the bar as is often the case in hotels like this. It is a short taxi ride to the shopping centres and the airport is about 30min away. I would recommend it for any traveller for any occasion.

Room Tip: The 9th floor is very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear johnmfenit,

Thank you for staying at The Heritage Hotel Manila. We highly appreciate your positive recommendation, and more importantly we are delighted to hear that you have found our rooms, facilities, food and staff excellent. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as with all our guests. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again to our doors in the future.
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Spent 2 days in the Heritage and was very impressed. The main reason i stayed was its proximity to the airport. The staff are friendly and efficient, the rooms very clean and the food in the restaurant was very good. Mall of Asia is either a short walk or short taxi ride.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear r6rider_58,

Thank you for staying at The Heritage Hotel Manila. We are deeply elated every time we hear that our guests have been impressed by our dedicated service.

We look forward to greeting you a warm welcome should you find yourself back in the Philippines. Our staff eagerly awaits your return as we hope to provide you another enjoyable and pleasant experience.

Been to The Heritage Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!