“Run down and overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% OFF + Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Pasay
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Run down and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel as a stop over but would not recommend it and would not stay there again. I am a backpacker and not fussy but I found that the corridors in the hotel stink, I originally asked for a smoking room but the walls were so grubby looking and the room just seemed dingy so I asked for non smoking straight away after seeing it. My luggage didnt arrive to my room until about 45 minutes later after 3 phone calls, and thats all you need after a 2 day journey! The room itself was big and the bedding clean, but the wi fi wasnt strong. The furnishings are old and the bathroom sink wasnt clean under the rim. I ate in the cafe bar downstairs and it wasnt very nice. The hotel is in an area where I didnt even want to venture out. They charged 715 php for an airport transfer which is a complete rip off and about 3 times what it should be, considering the proximity to the airport (the only really positive thing about the hotel) . Get the metered yellow airport taxis, they are safe and cheap. On the way back I stayed at the Remington hotel which was cheaper, more modern and in a nicer area. This hotel is sooooo overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Front rooms are definetly noisy so if street traffic bothers you stay at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear mcryan00,.

We have received your feedback and we are sorry to hear your comments and sincerely apologize for the delay in delivering your luggage. We have previously added wireless access points to boost wi-fi signal, however, should difficulties arise, our Room Attendants are ready to assist guests. Other areas in the hotel that have strong wi-fi signal are the Lobby Lounge, Riviera Cafe, Poolside Terrace, Swimming Pool and Function Rooms.

Compared to industry rates, our airport transfer rate is quite reasonable, but should our guests wish to take a cab, we gladly provide assistance and as part of our protocol, note down the cab’s plate number for guests’ safety. Thank you for taking time to let us know your feedback and we shall aim for your full satisfaction in your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Staffs are attentive and helpful. The bed is very comfy. Water pressure is strong and rooms are large. Very comfortable rooms. Though breakfast is just okay, nothing special; they have Japanese, filipino, and jalal foods. Wide selection of breads.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear azioj,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff and our hotel rooms. We look forward to seeing you again and we shall aim for your highest satisfaction in our food service on your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice hotel in an area close by Asia's biggest mall (Mall of Asia). Room was nice, and had good wifi. Pool is also nice. Buffet breakfast is great and staff is very friendly. Hotel has free shuttle to mall and back. In the back of the hotel are ATMs, and an outdoor market and lots of fast food restaurants. Massage available in hotel but costs 1250 pesos, recommend go outside if you want a massage. Also hotel has a 24-hour medical doctor/nurse on duty in basement. Casino
in building.

Room Tip: Stay on 9th floor if you can and get Executive room privileges. Might cost you more money.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jerry H,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and our amenities at The Heritage Hotel Manila. We look forward to seeing you again in your next visit.
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there last year with my 1yo daughter. My brother helped me book a room in this hotel for our homecoming. I am so surprised how far this is from the hotel I used to LIVE in Canada. The beds were like they are ready to retire. Shower is rusty. Stained bath tub.
Another thing is how crew speak to guests. For example, Koreans were swimming in the pool at night. Then one of the crew said "get out from the pool" Koreans didn't get what he meant because first of all there is no visible note there that pool closes in a certain hour. So, because the Koreans didn't went out from the pool a supervisor came and said "swimming pool is closed." Really???? He's lucky I'm not the one in the pool! He could have said to the guest, "Mam, sorry to inform you that hotel pool is closed. It is because it is dark in here and there is no life guard on duty. We'll give you ten more minutes as a courtesy. Again, I apologize." Heritage personnel this is how to treat guests.

I saw how the Koreans faces in disgrace. (Plus the fact I could understand their language). They were embarrassed because there were other hotel guests around the pool.

Also, my dad forgot to take his card key with him and when he was assisted he was told not to forget his card key again. Wow. He used to go there with my uncle to play Casino but I didn't imagine he will be treated like that.

Not so impressed.

• Stayed August 2013
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Momayda,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to report that we have replaced dated fixtures to uphold our standard of quality and service. For our guests’ maximum comfort, beds in all our 450 guest rooms are now all brand new.

Our staff is instructed to give hotel guests a gentle reminder to keep their key card with them at all times, for security of their belongings inside the room and security of other guests who are checked in the hotel. The requisite for a key card to go up the guest floors is part of our security feature, since we do not issue key cards to non registered guests to ensure the safety and privacy of our clientele.

As for the incident at the pool, we are sorry to hear that the communication was handled poorly by our staff. Rest assure that we will rectify this matter. Thank you.
Lillesand, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here some few days before our flight back to Norway for the reason that it's close to the airport. The hotel is old and needs some renovation. The room is spacious and we have the nice view of the city. On our 2nd day, we need to change room. The reception told us that the bellboy will carry our luggage to our new room. An hour pass but it wasn't carried yet so we have to call before they sent our luggage. My husband got sick and we were informed that they have a clinic in the hotel so we asked if we can get a paracet, they said yes, hours pass again, no paracet, so we have to follow up AGAIN so we can have it. While on the swimming pool area, the staff there told us only those who will swim can borrow towels, common!!, can't we have towels to lay in the chair? it was hot weather and its hard to lay down in the chair without anything on it, I wasn't really expecting to hear that from the staff. The overall stay experience is not that good, just waste of money as the hotel is a bit overpriced especially the restautant. The staff overall, from the swimming pool area to the restaurant are cold, which is not usual to a hotel. Will not come back again nor reccommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Mymy B,

We apologize for the apparent miscommunication with our pool staff. We do lend our towels upon the request of our guests, regardless of whether they will use the pool or not. In fact, we have even lent towels to guests who have used them outside of the hotel. Nonetheless, we are sorry for your inconvenience due to the miscommunication as well as the delay in receiving your luggage. We appreciate your feedback and we shall endeavor to improve our services and our guest’s satisfaction. Thank you.
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been using this hotel for many years when travelling through Manila. The location to the airport and security in the hotel is one of the reason I choose to stay here. On this occasion my stay at the hotel was limited to a few hours due to a lengthy delay on my Cebu Pacific Flight. Arriving at the hotel late evening our check in was swift. Our allocated room was impressive. Very spacious, clean and comfortable. Location is not the best, but you have to expect that when visiting Manila. I always find the staff very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Hrki,

We are pleased that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Our location is one of our prime advantages, since the hotel is close to the airport and accessible to shopping malls and other popular tourist spots in the Manila area.

On behalf of The Heritage Hotel Manila, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in your next visit.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I remember staying here way back in 2006 and everyone was so nice and accommodating. My most recent, was a blah. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant don't seem to smile. I've stayed there for 3 days and I can't recall anyone greeting me. I lied, the maintenance guy I bumped into on my way to the pool area did greet me with a big smile.
Rooms- are big and spacious. Clean. Although, I could hear the noise of the busy highway infront of the hotel, it was tolerable.
Service- meh!
Food- ok. Not delicious but edible.
No, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to people I know.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TheHeritageHotelMla, Public Relations Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Rico T,

Thank you for staying again at The Heritage Hotel Manila. We apologize for the lapse in our staff’s usual cordial and friendly demeanor. We have noted your comments and preferences for a better hotel experience in your next booking.

Been to The Heritage Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!