“Large, good buffet breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Large, good buffet breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very large selection of food for breakfast, both Asian and Western. Good, friendly service as you'd expect in Manila

Visited August 2013

“deterriorating service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went there last month a sat nite ( for their seafood festival ) , I was somewhat disappointed at the way the food was prepared. I had been visiting the restaurant for almost 2-3 years . they offer a great selection of seafood , to choice from but the cooking is terrible. I prefer the old style where food selection is limited but offer a excellent quality of food and cooking . The present cooking , where you select what type of seafood you want , give it to the chef for cooking is at par at seaside dampa along Macapagal Highway . The worst part , is getting a wet plate in the plate counter. I even show it to the I think a senior Filipino chef in charge, he just took it from me without saying anything. again I got another plate , same result WET PLATE . is this a standard of marriot hotel. Wet plate is very common in downtown rest. and it's acceptable . but for a 5 star and international chain hotel known for their highest standard in cleanliness. Anyway If that chief allow guest to use wet plate , which I believe a BIG NO NO. I don't want to know what type of standard he has in his kitchen.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Affordable buffet that's really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of trying out Marriott Cafe at the Marriott Newport Hotel and I must say I really enjoyed it. It's not as expensive as other hotel cafes but it's really awesome and has a great selection of dishes. Their seafood, dessert and dimsum deserve special citation since those were the ones I really enjoyed. They also offer sorbets and gelatto. The meat section is also good.

the space is not that big so you don't get that feeling of being overwhelmed and you can enjoy private conversation with your friends and/or families. It is located at the ground floor of the hotel. You won't miss it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City, Philippines
“Food is Great but service is Lousy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Cafe at the Marriott presents a wide array of great, mouth watering choices for its buffet spread from appetizers (cold cuts and cocktail shrimps and lobsters and spanish hams and cheese) to Soup ( noodles and ramen ) Salads, Main course, (roast beef) and desserts( fresh fruits, gelatos, and pastries), the choicest seems to be endless. The shrimp Tempura deserves a special mention. Everything seems to be great until the need to call a server arises.

People say that a good gauge for good service is never having to ask for a water refill. Here at the Marriott cafe, you have to exert extra effort to call the attention of the servers. Multiple times, I raised my hand to call a server and I am being passed by. Considering my size and my arm span, it will be difficult to miss me in a crowd. And yet, at the Marriott Cafe, it takes me 3 to 4 hand raising before I can call the attention of the server. (Can't call 'em waiters, cause they ain't waiting at your tables). Once, I ordered 3 teas, 1 english breakfast and 2 peppermint flavored teas. What arrived was 1 CAMOMILE and 1 english breakfast, no peppermint.

The food at the Marriott Cafe is great, the dinning experience could have been better if we had a more attentive staff. The restaurant was approximately 70% full..

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“First class service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Celebrated a couple of occasions here at Marriott Cafe and it was always a delight. We just love the desserts here, you can really taste the flavor and richness of each slice of cake and ice cream. Although there were only a few selections and the seating not as plenty as compared to the other hotels, they make up for it with the ambiance and superb service. They have very attentive waiters, folding our table napkin every time we get up from our seats, filling our glasses with water even before it reaches halfway and hurries to give me a plated shell cracker on my table for my crab before i even sat down. I just love how they take care of us, its really top notch service.

• Visited March 2013