“Nice ambiance, great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manila, Philippines
“Nice ambiance, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We had breakfast buffet at Marriott Cafe recently. Though food choices were less compared to other hotels, nevertheless, they're still delicious; they have Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, and western food. They had a cozy ambince so somehow it was a relaxing morning. I find the service great as we dont need to call the server to give us coffee. They immediately approach us as soon as we took our seats, and ask what drinks we like, automatically refill our coffee cups and they would remove our used plates so as not to crowd the table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manila
“A pleasant dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I tried the lunch buffet last September and the dinner buffet last Dec 8. On both occassions, I was celebrating and it's good to know that the food was consistent. I am a regular fan of buffets as from time to time I want to go on a food binge. The choices in the buffet here are varied, i.e. Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino etc. They have a teppanyaki station as well. Seafood was plenty, i.e. crabs, lobsters, prawns, mussels. However, I didn't see oysters during my last visit. Dessert options were diverse, i.e. from fresh fruits to cakes, pastries and gelato.
Drink of the month came with a cute giveaway, a smiling elf stuff toy dressed up for Christmas. My food experience was indeed pleasant. The next time, I will try the other Marriott Restaurnat, i.e. the Cru Steakhouse which is just around the corner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danville, California
“Excellent breakfast buffet. They offer international fare so there's something for every body and every age.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I appreciate that they offer other foods or drinks that are not on the buffet spread, like "buko juice" served in real coconut husk.

Visited November 2012
Seabeck
“Awesome staff - Too much fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is always great. The staff is excellent. But the buffet has way to much fish and seafood. It is hard to find something nice on Friday or Saturday except fish and if you don't like seafood you are a little bit lost.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“The best prime rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

For my birthday dinner with my son, he suggested that we try Marriott's Resort World Manila buffet. The food choices are not as wide as Circle's but the price is considerably lower. It has about the same number of dishes as Paseo Uno but Marriott's Cafe has more space between tables. It has the usual open kitchen theater, chocolate fountain, Japanese food, Asian and Western fare, seafood, fresh fruits, salads,and sinful desserts. It has more gelato and ice cream options than the other buffets.However, Marriott's prime rib seems to be the best we've had; it is definitely better than Circles, Paseo Uno and Hyatt's.

The surprise of the evening was a birthday cake with a single candle and the waiters and waitresses singing happy birthday as they brought the cake to our table. I asked my son how they knew it was a birthday celebration and he recalled that when he made a reservation, he was asked if the dinner was to celebrate a special event -- a birthday, an anniversary, etc. He told the cafe staff that it was a birthday celebration for his mom. I touched by Marriott's act of kindness. It was a small rectangular cake with icing and all and we asked the waiter to kindly pack it for us.

I must say that our buffet dinner at Marriott's was a success and we shall return for the Sunday brunch.

• Visited November 2012