“Pls. Check the room first specially 9th floor room” 1 of 5 stars

Remington Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newport Blvd, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Pasay
Iligan, Philippines
“Pls. Check the room first specially 9th floor room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The room is creating moisture they change my room twice from 9021 to 9092 but just they same you feel wet including the bed. I inquired from the front desk the person name LANCE but they told me they already informed management but no action. The problem is with they airconditioning system. Very lousy service cause they already know the problem but still they continue to accept guest just for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about Remington Hotel.
The hotel management team is working on the possible solutions to the accumulation of moisture inside the guest rooms. Rest assured that we are committed to providing you the most affordable, comfortable, convenient and safest hotel accommodation in Resorts World Manila.

We look forward to welcoming you at the better and improved Remington Hotel soon.

Resorts World Manila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel six months ago and since I was in Manila and saw the special price, decided to stay there again.
This time, they have provided water glasses, hand soap, tooth brushes, and slippers, that you will really need since there is still problem with moisture.. It is nice to know that you can also buy from a vending machine at the lobby.
Other than the problem with moisture that can really cause problems since it makes the floor slippery, I mean this is really dangerous.. the hotel should solve this problem ASAP.. that is why I am updating here, to catch the attention of the management..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about Remington Hotel.

manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Well, I decided to stay on this hotel after playing in the casino. I just wanted to rest. Worst about this hotel is that they have nice lobby but worst room and service. No room service. It take hours before they response to your room. I have to transfer room twice because of the floor issue. Room creating moisture making the floor slippery. This is a known issue at the hotel but they transferred me in a room with the same issue. Fall twice because of the floor. I had a lot of expectation on this hotel because of its location. But I would rather stay in a motel like victoria court for less money, better service and free breakfast as well nice interior.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time taken to share your experience during your stay at Remington Hotel. Feedbacks such as yours will help us determine and work on the areas that we have to improve.

The management is working on the possible solutions to resolve the issue regarding the moisture on the floor. Rest assured that we are committed to deliver the most convenient, comfortable and safest accommodation.

We hope that this experience will not hinder you from coming back. Please let me know if you have plans of visiting Manila soon and I will be glad to welcome you and personally assist you in making the arrangements for your hotel accommodation. We look forward to welcoming you at a better and improved Remington Hotel soon.

Bacoor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It's as what they promised in their ads - comfort and security. The people were also very accommodating. The rooms are neatly prepared, and everything is on it's place. Actually, if you'd to read the website of the hotel, they've mentioned everything you need to know about the place, so I encountered no problems during my stay here at Remington.

If there is something I would disapprove about the place, it would definitely be the comfort room. It's too small. But what do you expect from a no-frills hotel? I just hope it would be wider, but I'm sure it won't get any bigger.

And, I just wish they'd include the breakfast for the people checking in the hotel. As much as I want to stay here again next time, I'm having my second thoughts because they don't have free breakfast. Other than that, it's a good place. :)

for more details: http://josemargotravels.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-in-remington-hotel.html

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Remington Hotel.

Just to update you, we can offer room rates inclusive of buffet breakfast for two (2) persons. Kindly contact me or anyone from the Hotel Sales and Marketing Team if you wish to stay with us again anytime soon.

We hope that your experience will not deter your trust and confidence in Remington Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel.

San Marino, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here because we have to catch an early flight to HongKong. This is a basic hotel and overpriced. Building looks good since it is within the Resort World. I will not stay here if I knew what I was getting into. They did not provide early check ins, since we were in between flights and have to stay in Manila for a day. The first room they gave us was on the 8th floor, shower does not drain down, it just flooded that whole shower and bathroom! So they transferred us to the second floor, This hotel just provide you with a bath towel, no wash cloth or hand towels!! They only provide a combination shower and shampoo gel!! For the price we paid there should be more amenities! We did not mind mind the extra security to get in and out of the hotel where they check the bags etc.. The extra roll away mattress again is stained an dirty. Water drips from the vent because of the high humidity outside, making the floor wet!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Client,
Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention because feedback such as yours will help us improve the hotel’s daily hotel operations.
We are glad to inform you that the management has taken the necessary steps to address some of the concerns you have mentioned. In addition to the basic room amenities, we now provide slippers, bath soap, drinking glasses and dental kits.

Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of product and service expected of a property in a world-class integrated resort complex like Resorts World Manila.
Rest assured that we are committed in improving the quality of our facilities and services to ensure that we meet the needs and wants of our clientele.

We look forward to welcoming you at Remington Hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact me so I can personally assist you in making the necessary arrangements for your next visit.

NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

lower-priced than other hotels in the vicinity, but still overpriced for the amenities and quality. room is more like a budget hotel, shower area is so tiny. reception staff that time wasn't very helpful. for over $100, breakfast is not included.
all rooms as of March 2012 were all smoking - we were not informed about this and not posted on their ad on agoda.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Remington Hotel. The property is a “value-for-money” hotel that offers the basics that any traveler will need.

We are pleased to inform you that our front office team is undergoing continuous training on customer service to address the concern on the quality of service they give to our guests. In addition, the smoking and non-smoking floors/rooms were already identified by the hotel management to accommodate requests and guest preferences.

We sincerely regret that your expectations were not met which caused you dissatisfaction and disappointment. Your comments were carefully noted for this will help us improve our daily hotel operations.

Should you have plans of visiting us again soon, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me so I can personally assist you. For special discounted rate for your next visit, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or the Hotel Sales and Marketing Team.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed twice in Remington Hotel this month - the first one was on May 23, 2012. I was tired and wanted to sleep 'cause I came from 90mins flight from El Nido, but i can't sleep 'cause there are some people working in the opposite room, it was not a room service 'cause I saw they are placing finishing touches in the room.

Upon entering the Hotel, I was surprised cause there is metal detector, security is checking your bags, there is K-9 dogs and pat down...yes a pat down. I know it is common when you are going in the malls in Manila and in airports...but not in a hotel. Even abroad I don't have any experience like that, I remember when I checked in Marina Mandarin in Singapore it was so smooth...no bags checking and pat down. May be the management is concern about the safety of the hotel, but I think it was too much.

Second time was on May 31, 2012 - I have a International flight on the following day so I decided to stay again in Remington Hotel. It was around 12:30am when I heard that there are some group of people who are talking and laughing in the corridor... I don't know if those people are insensitive or just stupid. I hope there are hotel personnel checking the area from time to time and inform the guest to be modest.

About the room, it is a big room but I think for Standard Room 1 double bed is enough, just add more pillows and chairs. I know there is a deluxe room but usually standard room has a chair and free bottled water.

Overall it is a good place stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again. We appreciate the time taken to bring your concerns to our attention. We are glad to inform you that the hotel management team has taken the necessary steps to give you the most convenient and comfortable stay.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. We hope that you will give us the chance to regain your confidence. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you have plans of visiting Manila in the near future so I can personally assist you. Special discounted rates bookable through our Hotel Sales and Marketing Team are also available for you.

It was our pleasure to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Resorts World Manila

Been to Remington Hotel? Share your experiences!