“The cons outweigh the pros” 3 of 5 stars

Shogun Suite Hotel
2867 Zamora Street Rotonda, Pasay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Pasay
Zamboanga City, Philippines
“The cons outweigh the pros”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here for one night. I was in Manila for a concert, so I needed an inexpensive place to stay in. I thought it was a good deal since the total cost of the room included free use of the pool, breakfast and hotel pick up. Unfortunately, all the good things about our stay ended there.

The moment we stepped into our room, the first thing that went through my mind was how small it was. I read that some people liked the beach-themed wall, but it looked tacky to me. The room would've been more aesthetically pleasing if the walls were just plain white or any other color. Also, there was something wrong with the aircon. We were still sweating because of the heat.

An hour or so before midnight, we found ourselves packing our bags once again because they decided to transfer us to another room. It was better and more spacious, but then we found out that the toilet won't flush. We had to lift the cover and press the button within.

What irked me the most is that they called up around 9 AM the next day to tell us that we had to check out, or else we'll have to pay for another night. We were confused because it was stated in their site that the check out time is 12 NN. If an early check in meant an early check out, I think they should've told us beforehand. (This has NEVER happened to me before.) We were clueless, so we had to hurriedly pack our bags once again.

To be honest, I'm really not picky with hotels as long as it's clean, but I can say this is the worst one I've ever stayed in. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Room Tip: Really cannot recommend this hotel because of our negative experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Food is awful. Room is average but really outdated. Very over rated. Toilet and bath stinks. Low water pressure. Oh.. btw.. there are roaches. There are other inns with the same price but had no choice but to check in. if you have time, go somewhere else. Not worth of your money. Choosing this hotel will ruin your day.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

-: Poor service
Cleanliness average
Shower with very few water
Noisy
Poor breakfast
Poor and dirty area
Only one sheet on the bed
Aircon very old noisy and unpleasant

+: free shuttle airport -> hotel only
Price
Location

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

SHOGUN SUITE HOTEL. On my way back to JAKARTA I decided to stay in this hotel which again through Tripadisor’s network and online booking booking, I was very ready expected only basic amenities and an ordinary room and even some said is worth for backpackers. The staff & personnel are welcome, courteous, and generous. My stay was almost only for 4 hours after checking in at around 11 PM since I must enjoyed dinner at seafood in Dampa/Paluto, and leaving the hotel at 4 AM for my 07 AM flight. It was very obvious that the choice is simply because Shogun suite is located only 15- 20 minutes away from the NAIA airport and the reasonable price. Read the buffet breakfast menu has a selection of Filipino breakfast, and I was lucky when the room boy asked me during checking in to serve the breakfast to room when he realized my early morning check out, so my morning call at 3.30 AM was a breakfast call as well. Thank you, lucky me. I took taxi service to airport from hotel, fast and clear for payment and receipt issues. I would say it is a simple hotel and good for short stay, though room is not well lighted, you need to look for electric socket for charging a phone, the TV is old design and I have not got time to enjoy, do not expect cleanliness of the the bed like in 4 *** hotel, bath room and shower is poor. But, I don’t mind coming back there. DAMPA/PALUTO seafood. Arrived there in a late time for dinner around 20 minutes past 8 PM we were lucky finding the place is not in crowd, after ordering first the fresh sea food we wanted to eat (Great choices of: Crabs, Prawns, Shrimp, Variety of Fish, Shell Fish) and then pick one resto for cooking : Fast decision for shrimp sweet and sour, spicy crabs, plus drinks for two of us. The food tastes good especially from the fresh seafood itself, didn't take too long to serve, a good feeling from friendly staff, hand washing facility just OK, the place has good impression except for too many people during entering the gate when finding for parking space. At the end my friend had to take some of the food home because we couldn't finish it. I will surely visit this place again on next visit to the Philippines. Btw, going to hotels for check in I saw at least two Jazz lounges between Manila bay to Shogun hotel, but sadly could not have time to enjoy on this trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
North
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

RUDE HOTEL staff treatening when submitted an accurate reveiw...BAD ROOMS BAD BREAKFAST VERY RUDE STAFF> OVER PRICED>> DO NOT STAY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE ITS GETTING WORSE......OUTSIDE DANGEROUS LOCATION. CAN I say more not really its pretty pittitful place over all since the breakfast does not exist the food never make it out of the kitchen and the check in and out is obsolete by any standard took forever. really SH%$^%

Room Tip: look before you book really bad smelly noisy so get an inside you IF YOU MUST
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Can't remember exact date but stayed in Nov. 2013 for 3 days. Having grown in the area, I was leery to book but am very happy we did. The place/area has changed tremendously. Noisy street but still OK w/ me. The room size is just right if one needs a safe and clean place to leave luggage, take shower and clean linen; inexpensive w/ breakfast. Staff very accommodating, helpful and respectful. Recommended to frugal travelers like me who just need a safe and clean place to take my shower and sleep at night. Best part too, has car to drive you back to the airport anytime for reasonable fee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for less than 24 hrs.,for the 1st time. The place is situated 15- 20mins away from the NAIA airport. I stayed in the 6th floor. Just a small hotel ,where their reception area is like 60sqm floor area. It gets crowded when visitors/balikbayans flock together in this area. Not enough place to put luggages while you wait for your room.It's not really a novice hotel if I may say so.. just a so- so hotel to stay in over a night or two. Certainly, you get you money's worth for backpackers,like me! Though, the staff & personnel are courteous. The amenities are not so equipped. Lack of sockets if you have multiple gadgets ( I counted them just 2! ). The room is not well lighted. Some rooms looks like a motel. Sorry, if I may sound blatant... Two things I truly appreciate is their pool @the roof top. Fresh and breezy place if you like to chill and relax. And also, the breakfast buffet is good! All in all, Shogun hotel is a little of everything you need. Thinking of coming back there in my 2 nights stay soon. Hope the management will improve their facilities.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Kabayan Hotel Pasay
Red Planet Aseana City
Red Planet Aseana City
#4 of 13 in Paranaque
4.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews

Been to Shogun Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!