“SHOGUN SUITE HOTEL, AND PALUTO DAMPA SEAFOOD MANILA” 3 of 5 stars

Shogun Suite Hotel
2867 Zamora Street Rotonda, Pasay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Pasay
Jakarta, Indonesia
“SHOGUN SUITE HOTEL, AND PALUTO DAMPA SEAFOOD MANILA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

SHOGUN SUITE HOTEL. On my way back to JAKARTA I decided to stay in this hotel which again through Tripadisor’s network and online booking booking, I was very ready expected only basic amenities and an ordinary room and even some said is worth for backpackers. The staff & personnel are welcome, courteous, and generous. My stay was almost only for 4 hours after checking in at around 11 PM since I must enjoyed dinner at seafood in Dampa/Paluto, and leaving the hotel at 4 AM for my 07 AM flight. It was very obvious that the choice is simply because Shogun suite is located only 15- 20 minutes away from the NAIA airport and the reasonable price. Read the buffet breakfast menu has a selection of Filipino breakfast, and I was lucky when the room boy asked me during checking in to serve the breakfast to room when he realized my early morning check out, so my morning call at 3.30 AM was a breakfast call as well. Thank you, lucky me. I took taxi service to airport from hotel, fast and clear for payment and receipt issues. I would say it is a simple hotel and good for short stay, though room is not well lighted, you need to look for electric socket for charging a phone, the TV is old design and I have not got time to enjoy, do not expect cleanliness of the the bed like in 4 *** hotel, bath room and shower is poor. But, I don’t mind coming back there. DAMPA/PALUTO seafood. Arrived there in a late time for dinner around 20 minutes past 8 PM we were lucky finding the place is not in crowd, after ordering first the fresh sea food we wanted to eat (Great choices of: Crabs, Prawns, Shrimp, Variety of Fish, Shell Fish) and then pick one resto for cooking : Fast decision for shrimp sweet and sour, spicy crabs, plus drinks for two of us. The food tastes good especially from the fresh seafood itself, didn't take too long to serve, a good feeling from friendly staff, hand washing facility just OK, the place has good impression except for too many people during entering the gate when finding for parking space. At the end my friend had to take some of the food home because we couldn't finish it. I will surely visit this place again on next visit to the Philippines. Btw, going to hotels for check in I saw at least two Jazz lounges between Manila bay to Shogun hotel, but sadly could not have time to enjoy on this trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
North
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

RUDE HOTEL staff treatening when submitted an accurate reveiw...BAD ROOMS BAD BREAKFAST VERY RUDE STAFF> OVER PRICED>> DO NOT STAY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE ITS GETTING WORSE......OUTSIDE DANGEROUS LOCATION. CAN I say more not really its pretty pittitful place over all since the breakfast does not exist the food never make it out of the kitchen and the check in and out is obsolete by any standard took forever. really SH%$^%

Room Tip: look before you book really bad smelly noisy so get an inside you IF YOU MUST
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Can't remember exact date but stayed in Nov. 2013 for 3 days. Having grown in the area, I was leery to book but am very happy we did. The place/area has changed tremendously. Noisy street but still OK w/ me. The room size is just right if one needs a safe and clean place to leave luggage, take shower and clean linen; inexpensive w/ breakfast. Staff very accommodating, helpful and respectful. Recommended to frugal travelers like me who just need a safe and clean place to take my shower and sleep at night. Best part too, has car to drive you back to the airport anytime for reasonable fee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for less than 24 hrs.,for the 1st time. The place is situated 15- 20mins away from the NAIA airport. I stayed in the 6th floor. Just a small hotel ,where their reception area is like 60sqm floor area. It gets crowded when visitors/balikbayans flock together in this area. Not enough place to put luggages while you wait for your room.It's not really a novice hotel if I may say so.. just a so- so hotel to stay in over a night or two. Certainly, you get you money's worth for backpackers,like me! Though, the staff & personnel are courteous. The amenities are not so equipped. Lack of sockets if you have multiple gadgets ( I counted them just 2! ). The room is not well lighted. Some rooms looks like a motel. Sorry, if I may sound blatant... Two things I truly appreciate is their pool @the roof top. Fresh and breezy place if you like to chill and relax. And also, the breakfast buffet is good! All in all, Shogun hotel is a little of everything you need. Thinking of coming back there in my 2 nights stay soon. Hope the management will improve their facilities.

Stayed March 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Depending on peak hour traffic, the hotel is about 15 mins drive from the airport. As indicated by previous reviews, expect only basic amenities and decent room (ours come without window). We appreciate the effort of its uniquely decorated rooms - we got the ocean-themed room with sea shells plastered all over the blue wall - but not a fan of its flat pillow and outdated furniture. The in-room menu offers local cuisine (from adobo to sisig) in fair prices too. The buffet breakfast has a very compact selection of Filipino breakfast served in a la carte fashion (steamed rice, fried eggs, longanisa, pork patties etc.) but we personally find it tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I only stayed here for 12 hours since I got an unexpected turn of events when I got into Manila. I was assigned on a room in the 3rd floor. It is a very poorly maintained room. Got no electric socket for charging a phone. The TV is not clear. The bed is quite dusty.

You must be careful in turning the shower knob since it is already very rusty. I broke one and actually the hotel made me pay for it. Quite a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Vilnius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The reason we took this hotel again on our way back home are 3 advantages:
- good location: 20 min to airport, 15 min to Mall of Asia, 20 min to Manila city center;
- reasonable price;
- pool on the roof.

Rooms are without windows (all ?). First time we had a small one, and felt some kind of claustrophobia, second time for the same price we had really spacious room. Breakfast, included in price was good, also very tasty was food, they prepare a la carte.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Kabayan Hotel Pasay
Red Planet Aseana City
Red Planet Aseana City
#4 of 13 in Paranaque
4.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews

Been to Shogun Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!