“Perfect for our 1day/1night layover” 4 of 5 stars

Shogun Suite Hotel
2867 Zamora Street Rotonda, Pasay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Pasay
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Perfect for our 1day/1night layover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Shogun hotel mid June, 2011.
We chose Shogun for a few reasons - 1. proximity to the airport. 2. Price 3. Because it had a pool and high speed internet. We liked everything about Shogun except for the location. It is in a very loud, dirty, busy part of Pasay and not a place I would like to explore as a tourist. A solo female traveler - unless street smart may not feel comfortable here.
We had read a few mixed reviews but decided to give it a try since most of the not great reviews ones didn't seem like it would matter to us (ie room service, etc).
Our taxi ride from the airport (we didn't use the service to get there) took us about 15 minutes and was just under 300p. Our taxi driver was telling us that it was not a good area to stay in and that we shouldn't stay there but we already had a reservation.
The room was good - desk, bed, tv, clean bathroom, ac. The only "complaints" would be that the mattress was one of the plastic foam type mattresses which retains some heat when sleeping and there isn't a lot of natural light from the small video. Also, it would have been nice to have 2 small water bottles in the room upon arrival - it took a long time to order two bottles from the rooftop bar.
The staff was great, I felt safe inside the hotel. Breakfast was fine. Internet was GREAT - super fast, consistent and held a clear skype call. We loved that they had a 24 hour checkout, we checked out 48 hours after we checked in which was a HUGE conveinence for us. The pool was nice - although we ended up not using it and I think you might need to ask for them to open it for you. We used the airport transfer service to the airport when we left.
If we came back through we would consider staying at the Shogun again - the only thing that would keep us from staying would be the location - but for a night or two it was just fine. If you are super particular about location this isn't the place for you - but if you want a cheap place for a great value def look into Shogun

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

JAN 15&26'11. Choosing to stay at Shogun Suites was an excellent choice. All staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The Guest Relations person ( Grace ) provided me all the information I needed and gave some good advice. My room was in good shape and size, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious. Location of the hotel is one of the best, along with MRT/LRT Station, Foriegn Exchanege, convenient stores and Mall of Asia (SM). Ninoy Int'l. Airport

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

My first stay in this hotel was in the January 2010. I had the single bed room at 1700 peso (Invalid now), without promotion, it came with breakfast for 2. During my time, there was no WiFi in room, only available in the lobby. There were two buildings of this hotel, the older and new wing, therefore room charges were also different. As most point had been stated by other members, this is a good value budget hotel in good location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I chose this hotel for overnight stay because I have to catch another flight the following morning and don't want to spend much on accommodation. At 1,500 plus free pickup and breakfast, I thought it was a steal.

I thought it's ok if I can compromise on other factors but didn't expect that the quality of sleep which is the most important thing for me as I want to be recharged the following day will be affected--badly. I hardly slept that night.

1. The windows are not soundproof so you can hear all the noises outside, even if you are on the 5th floor.
2. The heater doesn't really "heat up" I waited for few minutes and adjusted it but nothing really happened.
3. The blankets are not really blankets because it is just a thin sheet.

Overall, I will not recommend it to those who want to catch on sleep as they won't get any. Maybe for few hours rest if you are a deep sleeper. Well, at least they have toiletries, unlike Fragrance One Hotel in Makati which only provides soap.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Bacolod City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Me and my friend took a risk in booking this hotel since we only saw pictures on their facebook account which attracted us immediately. The staff were very great, from our shuttle driver to the front desk to the waiter to the security guard they were just awesome very approachable and readily to cater to guests. The rooms were well designed. The bathroom though is small. The rooftop pool is a plus. The location is not that pleasant.
Valuable and worth your stay. :))

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Discovered a newly opened hotel named Shogun Suite Hotel by accident. The hotel that we usually use, which is 1 minute walk away from this new hotel is fully booked. Good thing I used the old entrance of my old hotel, which is Zamora Strreet and saw the very big hotel sign of this new hotel and also their advertising - 50% off on all hotel rooms -opening promo.

Was able to get their standard room. Paid only Php1,200 net, that included already a choice of Filipino breakfast. I chose Beef Tapa, Fried egg and rice. Popularly known in the Philippines as "TAPSILOG" - not bad, not bad at all! How I wish it came with brewed coffee, rather than an instant one. They serve breakfast at the 2nd floor.

Please don't expect too much from the room. Its very basic. Airconditioned, with cable TV, and hot and cold shower. I think they have WIFI, but was not able to use/test if there was. The size of the room is a little bit small and they can improve their lighting.

Overall, the room served its purpose! I had a good rest/sleep!

Now, about the location. It's walking distance to Manila's train station, the MRT and LRT Edsa station. Approximately about 2-3 minutes walk. It is also right beside a Mall - Metro Point Mall, where I had my dinner.

They are also very accessible to the airports in Manila, both the International and Domestic airport. Approximately about 15-20 minutes, inclusive of possible traffic along the way. I think they have an airport transfer service.

Lastly, for the location, its about 10 minutes ride to SM's Mall of Asia.

They mentioned having a swimming pool at the roof deck. Did not have the time to check it out. I did not notice any Business Center.

Service was good! People are friendly and accommodating.

Again, it was a good find and good stay for the price of Php1,200.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Shogun Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!