Was in manila for a couple of days for meetings at the SMX convention centre & staying at the hotel seemed the most convenient option. Mall of Asia & the SMX is just nearby & you won't even break sweat reaching it. What it means also there's plenty of entertainment, food etc. The hotel is also located by the shoreline where a stretch of restaurants are available. Mall also has free wifi. The entire area is safe to walk.
As with my stay, it was ok. Room size is adequate & clean. As with previous postings, water dispenser is available on every floor. Didn't check about the ice machine as I didn't need it. Perhaps the hotel mgmt should consider making available coffee & tea facilities in the room. You may get hot/cold water from the dispenser but you don't have spoons or cups to make your drinks should you want. You only have a tumbler & glasses now.
The A/C ought to be upgraded to modern split units as current wall/window units can be noisy especially when your temp setting is not low eg 25/26. The thermostat gives a loud shudder between on/off. Wont be a deal breaker for me but may be irritating to some other occupant/guest.
Breakfast spread is ok & adequate. Different spread over different days for the local cuisine. You still get your juice, coffee/tea, fruits, breads, cereals serving everyday.
Checking in & out was smooth. Staff are helpful & friendly.
WIFI is available in the room for a fee although it is non-shareable between devices hence you need to log out from a device & relog in on your other device. Perhaps the mgmt should seriously consider allowing multi device usage to the paying guest. Most business travellers nowadays would carry at least a laptop, tab & smartphone.
Distance to the airport is near - not more than 20mins. cost me slightly less than 200P airport -> hotel whilst was only 100P hotel -> airport. Airport taxis cost more.
There's construction of a new hotel in the hotel front but it wasn't noisy.
Would surely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This economy class hotel is convenient to a myriad of popular tourist sites in Manila. The hotel offers 150 clean and comfortable rooms that are adorned with modern amenities such as chiropractic approved mattresses, color television and cable channels, window seating for relaxation, built-in desk and furniture and wireless Internet access. Guests will also find a restaurant and outdoor pool which offer a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploration. The Microtel Hotels & Resorts Mall of Asia is the perfect property for guests that want quaint accommodation in a prime location with signature Microtel quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Manila Mall Of Asia Hotel Pasay
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Manila/At Mall Of Asia Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines