Microtel was perfect for my husband and I as we needed to stay close to MOA during our time in Manila for various reasons. As young professional worldly travellers in 3 continents (Americas, Europe, Southeast Asia) we had no issues with service, breakfast buffet and location. However, for the price we paid we definitely do not feel we got any value for our money, especially in comparison to its competitors in Manila and comparable cities worldwide.
We were quite clear on the hotels positioning as to what they have to offer, thinking Microtel would be a step up from the Ibis hotel chain - which proposes a similar offering: clean comfortable beds, basic amenities and comforts for the business traveller.
However, for the rates they charge this hotel they definitely fell short on some key items & should consider A) providing In-Room internet service for free OR for a much more reasonable rate! You have to use the Internet in the lobby for free access, but its nearly impossible to find a place to sit as it is always full of 1 guest and their extended families/friends who are non-paying guests. B) update the decor on rooms to provide a more comfortable feel - the rooms felt very 'clinical' with the plain white tile everywhere, green heavy curtains & pale walls. Perhaps custom blinds and colourful artwork would help warm up the room C) pool amenities - or lack thereof. The "all white theme" and minimalist design is uninviting and cold. Even as a business traveller I can't see how this is even welcoming for a quick dip.
Unfortunately the friendly staff and good breakfast buffet alone cannot sway our rating to be better than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This economy class hotel is convenient to a myriad of popular tourist sites in Manila. The hotel offers 150 clean and comfortable rooms that are adorned with modern amenities such as chiropractic approved mattresses, color television and cable channels, window seating for relaxation, built-in desk and furniture and wireless Internet access. Guests will also find a restaurant and outdoor pool which offer a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploration. The Microtel Hotels & Resorts Mall of Asia is the perfect property for guests that want quaint accommodation in a prime location with signature Microtel quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Manila Mall Of Asia Hotel Pasay
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Manila/At Mall Of Asia Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines