Overall it was a good experience, the service team is very accommodating, helpful, friendly and courteous, it makes you fell at home right away.
The room we had for 2 nights is spacious with 2 queen size beds and a high ceiling, with enough entertainment facilities and a nice toilet and bath with a big shower area.
Conveniently located near the biggest mall in Manila, the Mall Of Asia (I’m not a mall person but my spouse loved this), and there’s a church nearby that we were able to go on a Sunday service during our brief stay.
….the hot and cold water dispenser at the lift lobby, which is very convenient any time of the day and night. The availability of ice dispenser on every other floor is also a plus.
…complimentary breakfast is excellent.
…the gentleman on duty who attended to us when we arrived at around 2am of June 1st was very helpful and kind to provided me with some very useful information most especially regarding late check-out which he said we can do it by 1pm on the day of our flight, but I found out later that he failed to take note that I’m going to avail of it.
…getting a taxi is quite easy.
…the availability of things like flat iron and ironing board when you need it.
…it’s a bit pricey.
…no cups for the use of hot water.
…we were not able to avail our second day breakfast because of a long queue, there was a marathon that Sunday and lots of hotel guests are participants on the said event and that morning everyone is heading to the breakfast buffet to eat. Events like that doesn’t happen everyday, the management could have extended the 6-10am breakfast hours to accommodate more guests. And probably one reason for the long waiting time is that guests are staying longer during breakfast because the lobby and the restaurant is the only area where you can have a free access to Wifi to connect to the internet.
…during the check-out day at around 11:30 while I’m packing our things I called the front desk to inform them that I’ll be checking out at 1pm that Sunday as per arrangement made with the gentleman during our check-in. The lady informed me that there is no such arrangement made and I have to check out by 12pm otherwise I will be charged by half of the regular day rate. I was surprised as I’m very confident and sure that the 1pm check out arrangement was made upon our check-in. I’m sure that I wouldn’t be ready to check-out by 12, so I asked the lady if I could then make such arrangement and she said no, as the next occupant will move in by 2pm. She then gave me until 12:30 to be packed, at this point I’m starting to get upset so I told her to stop wasting our energy arguing about it because it’s not my fault in the first place that the gentleman from yesterday failed to take note of it. She said she will call me back but the call never came. I decided to make a second call to the front desk, and this time I was speaking to the ‘other’ lady on duty. I told her about my concern, and surprisingly she quickly said ‘no problem sir’ and that I can check out at 1pm.
…twice we asked the front desk for massage booking, twice the front desk officer told us they will call back to check the availability of therapist, twice, the call never came.
…the drain of the shower in our room is clogged and it will take a while to drain the water, and the bowl cover keeps on falling.
Improvement in the following areas should be made:
…free Wifi access should be made available on all floors of the hotel.
…local calls, while it’s not that expensive @ php15/call, should be free of charge, most hotels nowadays don’t charge them.
…the toilet paper dispenser (it’s impossible to reach them while sitting), should be mounted in a proper place. It could have been better if it is placed at the apron of lavatory counter by the side of the water closet where you can reach it with ease.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This economy class hotel is convenient to a myriad of popular tourist sites in Manila. The hotel offers 150 clean and comfortable rooms that are adorned with modern amenities such as chiropractic approved mattresses, color television and cable channels, window seating for relaxation, built-in desk and furniture and wireless Internet access. Guests will also find a restaurant and outdoor pool which offer a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploration. The Microtel Hotels & Resorts Mall of Asia is the perfect property for guests that want quaint accommodation in a prime location with signature Microtel quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Manila Mall Of Asia Hotel Pasay
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Manila/At Mall Of Asia Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines