“Average... and Noisy!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Way Ave, corner Seaside Blvd, Pasay, Luzon 1308, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Pasay
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Average... and Noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

OK Hotel close to Mall of Asia... I would go as far as to say that this is its only redeeming feature. I travel a lot on business and needed a hotel in this area. The Majestic is nearby but was very pricy.

I get the impression that it used extensively for transiting through Manila on the way to other parts of the Philippines
The Microtel is within walking distance of the MOA so food of an evening is not a problem. breakfasts are average but the cafe area is very small. On at least two occasions I got up to get another glass of juice only to return and find my table cleared and some one else sitting there!

The rooms are average , comfortable but nothing special. Reminded me of a low quality travel lodge... biggest drawback is the noise. The halls are all tiled so every footstep or suitcase being pulled down the hall is magnified echos, and cannot be ignored.......rooms at the front also over look the ferris wheel and amusements and screams of users can be hard until quite late.

Given a choice I would stay elsewhere but if you have to its is OK for a short stay.

Room Tip: Not found one yet.......
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us in Microtel Mall of Asia. We have taken note of your concerns and we will use them to improve on our service. We do hope to have you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family and I spent one night in Microtel on the 13th of January, 2013. That is my wife and I, my son Aleksander, 8, and my daughter, Maya, 5 months. We checked in early due to our early flight from Legaspi. This was no problem whatsoever. The room was spacious and the hotel clean. While the design is functional and not flashy, this was welcome after some disastrous hotel stays in Manila over the years. It was spotless, everything worked and the beds were comfy. Breakfast and facilities were good when the reasonable price is considered. Even the taxi van to the airport the next day was not a rip off.

However, I would particularly like to bring the attention to the staff on the morning we were due to leave. My infant daughter had become quite ill with a chest infection over the night. When I asked for a nearby doctor the reception staff were concerned and advised us that they would get an ambulance to my daughter. While we thought this was perhaps a bit serious for a chest infection, we did agree. Carlos, the manager, told us not to worry about our bags or the room and was genuinely concerned. The Hotel even paid for the ambulance! My daughter's infection turned out not to be too bad, she received an xray and we got the medicines prescribed. When we returned, all the staff, even the doormen was asking after my daughter, Maya. My wife and I were genuinely touched by this level of genuine service, which is hard to find in any hotel.

In summary, a reasonably priced hotel, right beside MOA, with clean, spacious rooms, a rooftop pool and a decent breakfast. However, I would go back any time we are in Manila just because of the extraordinary level of service. Salamat Carlos and all the staff!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to you and your family's recent stay with us in Microtel Mall of Asia. It is nice to know that you appreciated what Microtel is all about. We put premium in providing clean, simple, NO FRILLS, safe and secured accommodations in all our location. We are glad that we were able to provide assistance to you daughter. What we may lack in other amenities, we try hard to reciprocate through more personalize service. We do hope to welcome you back in Manila!
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For a Pinoy, the breakfast was quite good, just the way I am used to. But foreign guests may look for other varieties. But the way I see it, when you are in a foreign land, then it is best to sample the delicacies of that country you are travelling to. Anyway, if one is still peckish and is hankering for a burger, there is the mall of asia nearby that offers a variety of food that could satisfy any palate. The beds are comfortable and the room is spacious. Eventhough I didn't get the room with a seaview, my supposedly "room with a city view" had a very good view of the bay. And I love the picture window. Didn't mind paying for the Wifi but it didn't work so had to return the card and they gave me the full refund. The staff at the restaurant as well as the people manning the doors were quite attentive. Some people complained about the noise in the pool that can be heard by guests staying on the 12th floor. Guess we were lucky as we didn't hear any. Or maybe we were so knackered that people could be headbanging upstairs and we just slept right through it. Overall, I'd consider staying there again next time I'm in Manila.

Room Tip: i'd still opt for rooms above 7th level. less noise and better view
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Microtel Mall of Asia. It is nice to know that you appreciated the comforts of our rooms and the warmth of our staff. Microtel strives hard to put premium in providing guests with comfortable, clean and safe accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back in Manila!
Iloilo City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staff was fairly friendly, it took quite a while for my son and I to finally get to our room, and the front desk person wasn't really that friendly.
The room was very basic, but clean... nothing spectacular.
The food was very basic, nothing spectacular.

The pool was a micro pool.

The only thing this hotel has going for itself is the location. The roof top provides an excellent view of the MOA fireworks and if you're going to an event at MOA arena, staying here overnight beats going home in the traffic.

If you intend to shop until you drop at MOA... more convenient to drop in this hotel.

Given a choice... I probably wouldn't prefer to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us last year. It is nice to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room. Microtel puts premium in providing clean, comfortable and convenient accommodations to all our guest. We like it clean and simple. No Frills. Your comments are valuable and we will use it to improve on our service. We do hope you to welcome you back in Microtel.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is an overdue review...Anyway, we stayed here during the Christmas break, a perfect time to explore Manila.
From the name itself, Microtel, I never really expected anything grand, their name was a giveaway. But I thought since it was by Wyndham, it should be good... No frills…Anyway, the family just chose this for the reason that it was very near Mall of Asia which they hailed as the biggest mall in Manila... (very true!) Here are some of my observations:
* Rooms are clean.
* Pool is too small. Kids barely got to do laps.
* I have been to a lot of 5 star hotels, and this is the very first time I was actually asked of how we were doing by the Manager, (Mr. Aze), who surprisingly knew me by my name. At the back of my mind, I never had any real conversation with any hotel employees in other hotels, unless, I was out there to complain. So this for me was a big plus in customer service.
* Breakfast buffet did not serve much options but most of them were delicious, especially the fish fillet. It's a good thing the servers on the floor were fast in refilling my coffee :)
* The small outlet restaurant downstairs served simple but delectable food. Loved their fresh mango shake.
* Rooms are not sound-proof, so we literally heard the couple next door.
* Free shuttle to and from Mall of Asia. (schedule of which are posted in the lobby)
* Location is near the airport
* Location is near a lot of restaurants along the bay.
* Free view of the fireworks at night. (a big plus)
* WIFI is slow, so not recommending to those who are travelling for business

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to you and your family's stay with us during your Christmas break. It is heartwarming to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Your appreciation of the service of our colleague, Ace Intante will be relayed to him accordingly. Microtel puts premium in providing our guests with clean, comfortable, convenient location and secured accommodations to all our guests. We are happy to know that you appreciated what we are trying to do. We will also use your comments to improve on our service. We look forward to welcoming you back in Manila!
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is the second stay we had as the last leg of our trip.
Location: Excellent
Rooms: Clean and the size is perfect (just ask for the 2 beds room if you are taller than 1.75 mtr and bigger. The 12th floor is the ideal floor to stay.
Swimming pool: Very small (not for swimming), they should put a a power jet in it and convert it as Jacuzzi (that could be cozy).
Distance to the airport: Excellent
Distance to MOA (biggest shopping mall in Asia).
Service: Good, once we encountered a rather dull receptionist who expressed an unwelcome look when we said that we booked via Internet.
Transportation: If you are going to any place during the day, take a cab.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 beds room if you are taller than 1.75 mtr and bigger. The 12th floor is the ideal floo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Microtel Mall of Asia. It is nice to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of our rooms and the convenience of our location. Microtel strives hard to put premium in providing our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations. We are delighted that we were part of your last two enjoyable days before going back home to Oslo. We look forward to welcoming you back in Manila!
Flisa, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the place for a night on Jan. 9. The location is excellent as it is near MOA and they have shuttle service every hour. But the room was small, we booked here because my kids loves to swim and they have pool at the rooftop, but to our dismay the pool was too small and not clean, so my kids did not use the pool. For our breakfast buffet we went down 20 min. before ten in the morning, only to be informed that they had made their last call for breakfast already. Actually they were already cleaning and taking in the food into the kitchen from the buffet tables..Quite a dismay, many were still coming down to take their breakfast on the empty buffet tables. We checked out early and transferred to another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Microtel Mall of Asia. It is sad to know that we were not able to meet your expectations especially in terms of the size of our rooms and swimming pool. We will use your comment to improve on our services. We look forward to welcoming you back and giving us another chance to serve you.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia? Share your experiences!