“One of the bettter steak houses in Metro Manila” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ohio
“One of the bettter steak houses in Metro Manila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great cuts of steak, cooked perfectly, excellent staff and service, wonderful atmosphere to dine in. Only issue may be it is somewhat hard to find, as it is inside the Marriott, but behind the Marriott Coffee Shop, toward the back. If you can not find it just ask, someone will point you in the right direction.

Visited July 2012

Palawan Island, Philippines
“AMAIZING DINNER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Working in an island resort for months really makes me miss eating in a fine dinning retaurant.
CRU never fails to amaze me.I quickly noticed few things hav changed, form appitizers down to their desserts. my wife told me, she could not believe the service CRU was giving unlike few month back, the only table side service they serve was the salad.
Now they have an appitizer called Salmon tartar with lemon,dill, mustard dressing, and the dessert crepe flamb. ( you get to choose what friuts to put on the crepe while they prepare it fresh beside your table) I personaly love their new juicy and tasty steak.Cru made a 900 grams US prime rib steak, its already good for two. for its price of P4800, it aint so bad.
Thanks again for another wonderfull experience at CRU...see you in a few months.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Makati
“My Memorable Birthday at CRU Steakhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had my birthday here, outstanding from start to finish. The lobster royale were a great appetizer and I loved how they came with a cute
side table doing our ceasar salad. I had the U.S.Angus Rib eye, it was so juicy and flavorful that until now I still remember the taste on how perfectly it was seasoned. I also loved the fillet of halibut disappeared quickly on my friends plate.The service was impeccable and the chef gave us handshakes on our way out. i live in this neighborhood best steak in town thats for sure. Go here-its the kind of place thats makes Marriott special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Not worth the trip. Great ambience and friendly staff, but steaks were awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had a very bad dining experience at Cru Steakhouse at Marriott, Resorts World last night -- we ordered 2 of their specialties, the 900 grams Prime Rib, which says its for two people, but can actually feed 4 or more! They didn't know how to cook it and it was served raw. We knew something was wrong when we saw the cook turning it over a lot of times and touching it with his fingers to check if it was soft or hard. Had to send it back. At P4,800 each order, you're better off going to a real steakhouse, like I Am Angus of the Santi's group in Makati. Too bad, the ambiance was good and the waiters were very attentive (very few diners), but then again that's probably why there were very few diners. BOTTOM LINE: Not worth the visit !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Pity There's No Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Cru is the fine dining restaurant in the Marriott Hotel, opposite Terminal 3 at Manila Airport. (You can get there from Makati in 15 minutes if you take the Skyway.) It's a big room, designed around the central, open kitchen that provides a splendid focal point in an otherwise rather awkwardly-shaped space. Table choice is important because if the restauranmt is busy you can get placed a bit too close to another diner. My big complaint with the ergonomics of the place is the height of the chairs. I'm medium-height and I always feel like a child when I sit in a Cru chair. (Maybe they were designed for the affable, German Executive chef who is a giant!)
Cru has great beef but, as I've discovered, after several visits, there is a worrying lack of consistency. Rest assured though - if there is a problem it will be taken care of in a flash. Which leads me to the service. It is always excellent - thanks to the outstanding maitress 'd (Did I spell that correctly?). She is a gem.
So if you're visiting Resort's World and you have the need for a special dinner, Cru is the place to dine. It used to be a good place to have lunch too but sadly, it is no longer open during the day.

• Visited May 2012