“Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila

You added Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila to your Saves list
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newport Boulevard | Newport City, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines (Formerly Maxims Hotel at Resorts World Manila)   |
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Pasay
chicago
“Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The staffs were very courteous and friendly. The rooms were big and clean. Their Japanese restaurant was very good. It has a casino but since we don't gamble we would go to the lounge with live music. This hotel is attached to a shopping mall so it's very convenient. However, one night we stayed at the pool area to have dessert. Everything went well but the following morning we had a lot of bug bites on our legs! Other than that we had a very nice experience. I definitely will go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ResortsWorldMNL, Marketing at Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Reading through your review and learning about your pleasant experience was such a delight. We thank you for taking the time in sharing this wonderful review with us and for making us your accommodation preference. About the bug bites, rest assured that this is duly noted and we will forward this concern to the proper department.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed in Maxims on Jan 9th 2014,it was a gift voucher anyway and It was lucky because I didn't pay for a super suck service like that. I booked the room 1 month advance. When I came to check in at 1pm, the receptionist asked me if I was informed that the check in time is 2pm, yes I said. So she said she will pre- check in for me with deposit and just wait for time to check in,it's fair enough though. I went around the casino and came back at 2pm. They took my deposit slip and let me wait without saying a word.my husband was angry but I comforted him and ask him to be patience. 15 mins passes, no room, no information, no update. I came to the fronted desk and asked,waited there. The receptionist still walked around and said nothing to me. Another receptionist asked me if I can move to the right so he can serve another person.i insisted and did not move, I pointed to the walking receptionist and said I waited for her. From what they said,I heard that I must wait for 1hr more. I was so angry and complained.she said " yes mam,because room is not available". What kind of 6 stars service? It is worse than 2 stars hotel. I strongly expressed my words that its none of my business.I want to check in now. Later on a supervisor or manager came to ask me if she can assist me, in 5 mins, they upgraded me to The Corner Suite. I requested a king size bed and this room has 2 queen size beds and no daily fruit at all. The service machine is not working until we asked someone to fix it.Plus points are big room, clean room and nice bath room. There is no guide book in what service offers included the service machine, they expect you to be expert and did not think that u must know how to call a butler then only you can call. I thought only I experienced this worst service but when I checked on the comment in trip advisor in 2012 about this hotel, it was the same. It showed that their management did nothing to improve the service and they never stop rating themselves as 6 star hotel.They did not even perform 3 star service instead. I will not recommend this hotel to my friend and will never stay there ever again

Room Tip: Choose non smoking room and don't try the breakfast. Be strong with their receptionist because t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ResortsWorldMNL, Marketing at Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hi Valued Guest, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. We'll take note of your comments and rest assured we will forward these to our hotel management team. We sincerely hope that we will be able to serve you better in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This may be a very late review coz we checked in here last May 2013. However, we felt it's just fair to give due credit to the staff who were very accommodating and courteous from the front desk, pool, housekeeping and coffee shop. The rooms were huge, clean and well-designed but what we liked most was the bathroom which was spacious and multi-functional. We also loved their infinity pool though they close as early as 8pm...hope they can extend until 10pm like other hotels. But there's one thing we think needs improvement...their food and beverage especially on their buffet breakfast which was very limited considering their standard. They should also improve the quality of their food. But given the chance, we'll definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I chose this hotel based purely on its proximity to the airport. What a pleasant surprise. The hotel is very nice and the staff is incredibly helpful and polite - very typical of people in the Philippines.
The hotel is part of a complex of hotels, a casino and shopping. Everything was very convenient. In addition, the price was quite reasonable.

Great hotel and complex!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Did I hear that this is a 6 star hotel? I can't believe it! I used to stay in 5 star hotels and nothing to compare this one..average though! Some staff were friendly but absolutely not a 5 star service. Rooms are ok, too colorful but comfortable. I didn't feel the luxury though. The only highlight during our stay was the restaurant called Impressions. Foods were great in this restaurant. I used to feel the luxury inside this restaurant for their world class food & attractive wine cellar except that they allow people in their flip flops/shower shoes, awful looking shorts. It makes the ambience to have the "food court" feel to it instead of fine dining.

I just don't know how they gonna deal with their noisy guests. I don't even know if they were guests staying the hotel or just guests with somebody who's staying in the hotel but they were everywhere yelling & laughing so loud from the elevator up to our floor. They were taking photos of themselves in every corner of the hotel while screaming and laughing. I haven't experience anything like that to some of other 5 star hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with family,

Location- Very close to the airport. The tower itself: the first 3 floors consist of a shopping mall with high end western brands (e.g. rolex, cartier, BCBG, shu umera), a cinema and few restaurants. The casino is also a big selling point for many who choose to stay in this hotel.

Room- Very spacious, reliable Wifi, with Ipod dock (for iphone 4). Complimentary water+fruits. Bed is very comfortable. There is a kettle + tea bags. Everything is clean and luxurious, in my opinion. However as mentioned in reviews below, the wifi seems to be limited to 2 devices/ room. No balcony.

Bathroom- 2 sinks, seperate shower and bathtub. Bath salts, Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner given. Modern design.

Breakfast: good variety. From what I remembered, there were bread/toast; tofu, congee, omlette, noodles

Gym: 24 hour gym- there are the usual cardio equipment, free weights and exercise balls.

Spa: The M Spa is 24 hours. Menu consist of facial treatment/massage. No pedicures/manicures/waxing. Thoroughly enjoyed the massage- they know what they were doing.

Restaurant: Had dinner in Passion (Chinese restaurant)- amazing authentic food- but not cheap.

Services: is where they can definitely improve- for example the original kettle wasnt working. Phone call made at 2200, replacement was not sent until 2330.

Great if you want to stay near the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff at the hotel was not good doesn't even know the guest staying in the rooms. The rooms are big but the food was average and the wifi is average speed. For a high end hotel they limit the number of login per guest to only 2 devices when most hotels already providing unlimited device login per guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila? Share your experiences!