“The Best Hotel in Manila!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manila Marriott Hotel

You added Manila Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Manila Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City | Newport Complex, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Pasay
Damascus, Syria
“The Best Hotel in Manila!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

What a great experience!! After a 8 hour trip from Doha on Qatar Airways it was great to have been met at Manila Airport by the smiling staff of the Marriott Hotel. A great and short ride to Manila's best 5 star hotel...The Manila Marriott...

First the location, only eight minutes from Terminal 1, and direclty next to the Maxim Hotel which contains a great Casino and the Resorts Mall, a great place to catch a quick meal or to shop, shop and more shopping!! The prices there are very competitive to the Western European or American Malls!! My wife loved that place!!

Now back to the Marriott...the second friendlest staff ever!! The JW Marriott in Bangkok was my number one (1) choice...and number three (3) was the Taj Exotica in the Maldives!!

The check in, was very smooth and expeditious, and completed in the Executive Lounge. We were then walked to our room and had a great experience...nice executive room facing the golf course. The bathroom was the size of most three star hotel rooms!! A seperate "shower room" that not only contained a four leg bath tub but an unblevable shower unit which had a ceiling "head" and full optional 'telephone unit'!! All of this with a full length window facing the bedroom...and of course an electronic curtain for those private times under the shower!!

Remember I said close to the airport, but no sounds of any airplanes as our room faced the golf course 180 degrees from the airports run-ways!!

We had been offered the Executive Lounge for breakfast but my wife insisted on having our "full breakfast" in the restaurant on the ground floor. Six work stations for breakfast from: Chinese; Philipino; Indian; Japanese; Western and European. I think (I know) I gained five (5) kilo's!!

A nice small pool and a great spa both on the second floor. Spent a lot of time at both!!

Diner is a must at the following two restaurants...the Cru Steak House (and I am a vegetarian!) ask for Alice I and have the soup and Ceasar Salad. Made at your table...a salad to die for!! The second "must" is the Dinner in the same restaurant that we had the breakfast "experience" in...For dinner they have nine (9) seperate stations (or more!!)!! Fresh rock lobster; scallops; prawns; mussels; clams; octopus; etc. for the "Seafood Station"...Mongolian Station; full Indian Station; Thai; British Station plus all the other's that we had enjoyed for the breakfast extraganza but now for dinner!!

For those less hungey the Al Carte Menue was the answer...

We booked all our tours directly via the hotel consigage.We also made great use of the "kept-luggage department" at the hotel. as most domestic flight in the Philippines have a very low lugage allowance (15 to 20 kgs.) Ugh...we kept over 15 kgs in the kept luggage space.

Finally, a must is a night-cap at the Lobby Bar!! Great girls that serve you and lovely live music, each night!! Don't miss the small terrace just off the bar, you can still enjoy the music but relax outdoors.

Solid security getting into the hotel which makes you sleep like a baby!!

Next time in Manila don't forget the Manila Marriott!!

Thomas L. Webber

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The hotel is very near airport, they have a free shuttle ride so very very convenient.no plane noise.very good view with the villagemor golf course, the hotel is inside the manila resot world. Where there is a casino, nearby hotels- maxims, malls and restaurants. Never got bored, comfy enough rooms though I was expecting a bigger one, clean toilet and towels and you must avail the executive lounge package. Very savvy to us. We had a breakfast and a non-stop snacks all day. staffs are also very courteous .thanks to that. Made our stay a memorable one.

Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

My only complaint is the high price. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Right next door to a good casino (won enough to pay 2 nights). Staff is some of the best I have ever seen. Nothing was really a problem. Yes even with the expense I would stay there again. Location is perfect, can see the airport (could actually walk to it). No noise from the airport. Security is intense on the hotel grounds, you are perfectly safe. The staff is honest and hard working.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We decided to spend our wedding anniversary at Marriott Manila because I wanted to watch Kaos and they have a really good promo for the hotel + breakfast + 2 balcony tickets to Kaos show ($200 for all).

The front desk officer was very accommodating and gave us a room with a bathtub and rain shower but we had to wait 1 more hour for it to be cleaned. We decided to explore the hotel and mall while waiting.

I'm constantly taking shots of my surroundings, to show others the things that I see. I was taking a shot of this sculpture I was admiring in the hotel. There were a hotel manager and a couple of front desk officers who saw me and ignored what I was doing. Eventually, a security guard came and reprimanded me that they "do not encourage guests to take photos of their facilities". I asked, "WHY?". He didn't answer my question, just told me they discourage guests to take photos of their facilities and if I want to take photos, I have to be in the picture. Wow, this security guard is even more strict than the hotel manager. He's even more strict than the Louvre! Maybe he owns the hotel. =P

Finally, our room was available. It was very nice, it smelled clean and they have a good-looking bathroom. However, I couldn't say it was really clean because I found a hair strand in the bathtub (hence, we didn't use the it anymore), there was melted ice in the ice bucket (they didn't wash it??), there was still water in the electric kettle (they didn't wash it either), the bathroom floor was sticky. They also don't clean under the footed bathtub (gross!). They provide a 32" LCD tv with all these wires sticking out from under the table. And they charge $15 per movie! They also only provided 1 toothbrush, 1 robe and 1 pair of slippers knowing that the guests checking in were Mr. and Mrs. -- so we had to call housekeeping to inform them.

That night, Kaos show was also cancelled because the Chippendales were performing. They told us the day before our scheduled stay. I just wanted to point it out that I chose to stay at Marriott because I wanted to watch Kaos. Naturally, it was very disappointing.

Also, I wanted to point it out that since Marriott is part of Resorts World, the crowd really isn't very wholesome. They have a casino so if you venture to that part of Resorts World after dinner time, there are a lot of gamblers, smokers, groups of men drinking and groups of beautiful girls in skimpy clothing hanging around. If you're into those kinds of things, then all's well.

The breakfast buffet was of moderate quality. They don't even provide free water. I had to order Absolut (local bottled water) and it cost $4.50. The waiters/waitresses are very, very nice and accommodating, though.

Checkout was annoying because they were going to charge us for the breakfast buffet that was already included in our bill. So we had to wait for them to reprint our bill. I think their front desk officers were all tired by this time because the officer next to ours was already raising her voice to a guest who was having a hard time speaking English. Talk about customer service, huh?

Overall, our stay was okay. I would recommend it to a friend for the value (room + breakfast + Kaos tickets). But I don't think I'm staying here again.

Alabang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We checked in at around 2pm, the usual check in time for any hotel in Manila. They told us our reserve room was still not available. we went back at around 430pm and the room was available..The room was spacious, flat screen, LCD or LED around 40inch, very beautiful bath tub with a ceiling shower, see through bathroom with an automatic switch which raises and closes the venetian whichever you like. Everything is worth it. Except that the box containing the toiletries has a broken handle, the floor is quite sticky(i remove my shoes and accidentally stepped on the floor), the bathroom floor has some stains. When we came back in our room at around 930pm, there room again arranged, now with welcome chocolates. The extra pillow and a design cloth(turban like) which was there a while ago were no longer there. When i opened the cabinet, it was there not even neatly folded. They just placed it there. Also we cannot open our door with our 2 electronic cards.We have to go downstairs to get to the reception because there were no phones in the floor . One thing also that we noticed, since we are both non smoker, there is a certain scent of smoke in the elevator and in the room. so if you are a non smoker, think twice. The pool area is quite small, compared to edsa shang and sofitel. Breakfast is okay...Over all the Marriot hotel is nice place to stay, but if not going to be maintaned, will immediately loose its glory, considering its just about 1 year old, if im not mistaken...For me personally, i still prefer sofitel followed by Shangrila EDSA....

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Overall this is a great Marriott property. All of the workers were professional and courteous. I tried to check in early (around 10AM) and was told my room was not ready. No problem - they told me to come back in an hour. After coming back in an hour, I was told it would take longer for the room to become available. At that time, the front desk clerk suggested I stay in the Club Lounge until the room was available. I had to wait there for at least an hour and a half until I was finally able to get into my room. I wish the front desk clerk initially offered the lounge for me to wait it (I am Marriott Rewards Platinum anyway) and that an accurate time was provided for the room to become available. Also, it took over an hour for my bags to show up. There seemed to be some disconnect between the baggage handlers and the front desk. Aside from those initial setback upon check in, the room was great (very nice bathroom), room service was delicious (hamburger and fries!), and the fitness center is very clean and new. The spa is also good with reasonable rates. There is also a casino on this property, but expect more of a Macao style casino than a Vegas one. The casino has a poker room hidden on the second floor.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Manila Marriott was excellent. Everything was up to standard. In my case my bag was lost at the airport, but the receptionists and even the staff in the Executive Lounge were more than willing to help to try and recover my bag. They even went as far as to call the airport and leave a forwarding address when I left the hotel. Very impressive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!