“Nice hotel but I expected better service from a Marriott” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manila Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Manila Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Manila Marriott Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City | Newport Complex, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Pasay
Manila, Philippines
“Nice hotel but I expected better service from a Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

It was my first visit to Marriott Hotel Manila, as we frequent other Marriott properties around the world. It is conveniently located just across the NAIA 3 airport and right beside the Resortsworld with a Casino and shopping area. There was also a nice club just walking distance, Republiq.

It is a nice property and the housekeeping staff were quite friendly however the front desk wasnt very accomodating. Our companions had booked a room requesting 2 beds and had called the hotel twice( 2 weeks before and 1 week before) before the arrival date just to confirm that they needed 2 beds in the room and they confirmed. When they finally checked in, they gave them only 1 big bed and said they couldnt provide an extra bed. They could have at least tried to make a way rather than saying "no" immediately.

The next day I had a gown pressed that did not come back on time and had to call the housekeeping to return my gown. That evening, coming from a friends wedding we got back to the hotel at 4am only to find that we had consumed all the water in the room. We requested for some drinking water to be sent to the room but in never arrived.

I would recomment this hotel to friends, overall the stay was ok -- getting around was convenient via cab, we had a goodnights rest and you walked in with style but I really expected more with the service. I suppose only the VIP's get the special treatment.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

718 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

Love it. New, clean, great staff, wonderful showers, great beds, and the benefit of the Marriott reward program (The Shang has to get with the program!). I travel to Manila 4+ times a year and will be staying here from now on. If you are a business travler - check it out. It is only getting better with the build out of Resort World next door.

• Stayed January 2011
Kahului
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I think I'm lucky in the fact that my mom retired from working at the Marriott after 25 years. One of her benefits is that she can stay at any Marriott hotel for free up to 3 days. Of course, we traveled in a big group so we had to pay for another room. No worries. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was the best. The bed, the bathroom, all superb! The staff was friendly; greeting you every time they saw you, opened the door for you, taking things out of your hands to put in the trash, just unbelievable. I say that because not every hotel, sad to say not even in Hawaii where I'm from, we don't give that kind of service. Everything was just amazing. We didn't get to eat there as there were many other facilities to eat at. My brother and his girlfriend went to their casino, which was great. I agree with a review that the pool is too small, but who cares. You can still do laps and then sit in the sauna when they're done. We took advantage of their exercise room and lockers. OMG! I love their showers. Anyway, this is a great hotel. It was clean, the staff were friendly, and I would definitely stay there again!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Marriott Manila has opened in a the new Resort and Casino facilities closed to the airport. This is a very convenient place to stay if you`re transiting. They have a free shuttle available to the airport.

It isconnected to a new upscaled shopping mail however many shops are yet to open. Rooms are very nice, I loved the shower/bath. The club lounge offers a good variety of food and drinks during happy hour (But the Club lounge at the Hyatt is better)

The price is very good, much cheaper than in Makati. Makati is only about 15 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed at the Marriott for my husband's birthday. At the reception area, we were given a non-smoking room and to our amazement when we entered our "supposedly room" there were still things inside - bags, luggage and another family's stuff. Good thing there's no one in the room. The family might have been out that time, Imagine if they were inside when we entered. we would have all benn shocked.

I called the reception area and told them the situation but it was taking too long, So we (husband I and kids) had to drag along our luggage back to the lobby. Once back at the lobby, the receptionist apologized and gave me a new key card. She said that there's something wrong with their computer systems. I don't have any problems but I feel for the family occupying that room. What if I am a thief I could have just gotten their LVs and snooped on their stuff. What more if they were in that room when we swiped the card and entered.

I paid around $230 USD quite pricey in my opinion for an overnight stay in a hotel in manila, the room is small. You could get a bigger sized room in a diff hotel which is way cheaper than what they have. If you are the type who would just stay in your room to sleep or lounge (wouldn't mind what the lobby, pool, looks like) check other hotels. They have better more spacious rooms that are definitely cheaper, even half the price.

What I liked about this hotel is that it's new and the staff are all smiles. Even the guards are couteous enough to greet you with hello, good morning. etc. Will I go back? It depends, If they would offer their rooms at a lesser rate. Maybe.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The rooms are nice and comfortable and the food/drinks/service in the club level lounge were all excellent. I only marked this hotel as average as there were a lot of things that let it down. For example, the swimming pool is tiny and is in the wrong location as it does not get any sunshine whatsoever. Totally annoying on the last day of my holiday when I wanted to grab that last bit of sun tan before going home. I could see the pool at the next door Maxims hotel and it looked much bigger and better situated for sunshine. The steam room was not working in the changing rooms. The walk through the corridors is very very long to your room. If you have an issue with this I suggest you make sure you are near the lift.
The airport shuttle is fairly useless. I arrived at terminal 3 and there were no signs for it. I just took a taxi which only cost me around 80 pesos. I asked about the shuttle for going back to the airport and it only runs once an hour on the hour. Not really that great. I took a taxi back instead to the international airport this time and it only cost 100 pesos.
Checkin took ages because the girl checking me in was being trained. I know people need to be trained but it seemed that I was literally the first person that this girl had ever checked in before so what should have taken less than 5 mins actually took more like20 mins with no apologies which didnt put me in the best of moods when I was already tired from travelling.
This hotel is fine if you just need somewhere comfortable to rest your head overnight between flights. I wouldnt recommend staying for any longer. Its a massive hotel which was packed and it just didnt really make me feel welcome or valued. I wish I had just booked into the Peninsula again for that last night even though it is more of a journey to/from the airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Definitely a world class hotel in standards. Everything is brand new; the beds are big and very comfortable. The TV system comes with a Divx-compatible DVD player and optional RGB/HDMI/Audio ports. The bathroom is perfect. There's a decent-sized pool, sauna, gym, and a jacuzzi. Location is probably the biggest downside for tourists as it is located near the airport, slightly far from most tourist/shopping spots in Metro Manila. Internet is very expensive at P800 for 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!