“Feels like Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manila Marriott Hotel

You added Manila Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Manila Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City | Newport Complex, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Pasay
Malolos, Philippines
“Feels like Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Marriott Manila is the best. We have seen Marriott friends (exec team, breakfast staff, front desk staff) come and go since 2010. Be it for a business trip or family staycation, the friendly staff never fails to impress. Maraming Salamat po Aubrey, Manel, Grace! Keep it up and take care! :D

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Julius V,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback about your stay here in the hotel through TripAdvisor. I am very much pleased to hear that Marriott Manila serves as your home away from home whenever your business travels brings your here. I will definitely share your feedback with Aubrey, Manel and Grace as they will be very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service that they have provided you.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the hotel soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel has so far been the best Marriott I have stayed in. It provides free shuttle from the airport. Once you get to the hotel, however, security is tight, with bomb-sniffing dogs and baggage scanners as if you were in the airport - but it does make me feel more secure. Doormen/doorwomen open the doors for you and greet you pleasantly: "Good Morning..." or "Good afternoon..." Check-in desk is efficient and accommodating and very pleasant. They even upgraded me when I requested a better room - without any extra charge. Unlike hotels in the U.S., this hotel provides slippers (which you can take home with you for free) and bathrobes in addition to the usual amenities. They gym is great! It has state-of-the-art equipment, a sauna and a steam room.

Our room came with free breakfast. Although it wasn't as good as the Peninsula's, it was good nevertheless. A box of tea also came with the room, complements of the hotel. The hotel also has an ATM where you can withdraw in pesos for a nominal fee - but you get bank-to-bank rates. Our room had a see-through bathroom, which I didn't quite like. However, you can draw the shades down for privacy. Water pressure was good and hot water came on fast. Check-out was also very efficient. This hotel was a lot better than one hotel in Georgia that was supposed to be a Marriott "signature" hotel (The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens). I think Marriott should re-evaluate what it considers "signature" property because the Manila Marriott beats the Callaway Gardens one by a wide margin.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. CITravelfan,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that the products and services that we provide in the hotel were to your satifaction. I will share your comments to the rest of the team as they will be equally pleased to hear about this. Our aim is to continuously improve on all our offerings to ensure that valued clients such as you are given the service that you truly deserve.

Thank you once again and hope to see you sometime soon in the hotel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here last month for 1 night. Had a long layover in Manila so had to stay in a hotel by the airport. They do offer free shuttle service To/FROM airport and that was the main reason why I chose to stay at Resorts World Marriott. Rooms are ok. Buffet breakfast and Dinner were good. Drinks are not included...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Mr. Mie H,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comment on TripAdvisor. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

Looking forward to having you here again in the hotel!

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We've been staying at Marriot hotel for a few days before we flew to Boracay Island. The overall stay is pleasant. We were requested a high floor with the gold course view and it is accommodated by the front desk staff. During the stay we found the service staff to be a great quality and provide above average service experience. Breakfast buffet at the Marriot cafe had a wide variety to choose from. This hotel has direct indoor access to Resort World Manila where you find the Casino and many eating places. I would recommended this hotel as a place to stay and if i was to return to Manila, this hotel will definitely one of my option to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Mr. NNANz87,

Thank you for taking the time to upload a comment on TripAdvisor. I am very much pleased to know that your overall stay in the hotel was very satisfactory. I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be very happy to hear about your very complimenting words about the products and services that we provide here in the hotel.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing you once again in the hotel!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've been staying in Marriott Manila for few weeks due to a project. Hotel is a Marriott you come to expect - modern, comfortable, clean, classy but not too opulent... Rooms and bathrooms are large and clean. Breakfast and dinner buffets are amazing. (although, what's with the muesli being served in those mini jars?!?).

But the best side of the hotel is the amazing staff. Very pleasant and friendly. Professional. Genuinely eager to help. Fun to talk to. Everybody - from security, front desk, restaurant, housekeeping... impressed me. And I'd like to specially thank Kervie and Gigi for their attentiveness in the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Marin22,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found our rooms, food offerings and the service of our brilliant hosts very satisfactory. I will surely share this with the entire team as I am sure they will very happy as well to hear about this. I have noted your comment on the muesli and have shared this with our Executive Chef.

Looking forward to more visits form you!

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent rooms, and a friendly well trained staff. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel or the staff. Always willing to help and so professional. Absolutely one of the best ever. Will stay here any, and every time I get the chance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Mr. AnAmerican-In-Saudi,

I am writing to thank you for your very complimenting words about the hotel and the service that is being provided by our brilliant hosts. We are truly proud of our team in Marriott Manila as they continue to ensure that all our guests are taken cared of.

Looking forward to another visit from you!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a new hotel/casino complex near the airport and the 20min ride to the hotel was actually almost pleasant , considering this is Manila. I used the hotel limo service and it was ok

The casino has all the nice shopping brands and some restaurants, which give guests some other dining options besides the hotel

Check-in was ok and the lobby seemed nice and grand. I got a lowish room on the 4th floor (this hotel has 8 floors) and he claimed it was an upgrade overlooking the golf course. I suppose the greens is a pleasant view and also got a partial view of the pool. However, at night I was alarmed to realise they have construction going on till 11pm. I didn't know Filipino construction workers were that hardworking . Needless to say , I have to sleep with pillows over my ears

The room was ok and had a nice shower shower. The tub was also nice and the stand-alone type, though I never use tubs

I used their business centre meeting room twice and the service was good, although the AC was freezing

The gym was ok, but no staff in the gym itself to assist you. I had issues with the treadmill tv but no one was there. Also no earphones

The Cru steakhouse was good and I wrote a separate review. When I returned to my room, there was already a thank you note with cookies from the restaurant! Wow. I've stayed in 250 hotels and this is the 1st time I got this

Overall, a very good hotel near the airport so no traffic woes. The construction noise would have deserved a 4 rating but the Cru card pushed it back to 5

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. bcheong,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found most of our products and services satisfactory except for your experience at the gym, the Business Center and the construction noise. I have since spoken with the department heads concerned and corrective action shall be done accordingly. However, the construction noise in the complex is currently out of our control as we are undergoing an expansion where the biggest ballroom in Metro Manila plus additional rooms that will be connected to the hotel are being built. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. But, rest assured that once the construction is done, we will have a state of the art facility that will be part of the Marriott Manila that all our guests would be able to enjoy. Lastly, I am particularly pleased to hear about the letter that our CRU team sent to your room after you dined. I will share your comment with them as am sure they would be very happy to hear about this. Looking forward to another visit from you.

Hotel Manager

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!