“10 days in October '11” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manila Marriott Hotel

You added Manila Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Manila Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City | Newport Complex, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Pasay
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“10 days in October '11”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I happened into this hotel when a typhoon closed my original booking. First of all it was open when my other booking was not. Secondly, the staff were excellent and extremely helpful. They helped me get around the city, and helped with business office needs. The rooms were clean and way above average. Great b\breakfast buffet. While the rates were a little steep, I found it well worth it. Proximity to airport was perfect, free shuttle available, or take a cab for a few dollars. There's a not-so-small mall attached. Movie theater, stage theater, (we saw Sound of Music), plenty of food options, gold course, and very safe. Mall of Asia and other malls are within reasonable distance. I'm returning in May, and have already booked there, as I am in and out of NAIA Terminal 3 on a stopover. The only fault I noticed is that the windows are in my rooms were fogged/dirty--perhaps poor seal betweem the panes.

Room Tip: I prefer high floors, When I asked, I was only given floor three. Maybe the higher floors are execut...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I love this hotel. The staff at the executive lounge are my friends already. They are so friendly and very accommodating. This is what you called a home away from home. The rooms are clean and spacious. Service excellent. That's why we make it a point to stay here and re-charged our weary body from too much work. Two thumbs-up!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night using my rewards points. I wasn't disappointed at all. As you enter the premise, security guards with canine on board inspected our taxi and then another checkpoint as you get to the entrance of the hotel. The lobby was spacious and tastefully decorated. The reception staff upgraded my room to the golf side view to see the Makati Business district. The room was modern especially the bathroom with either the rain type shower or the handheld one in addition to the tub. The hotel is linked to the multi-storey casino and high end mall. The shuttle to Airport Terminal 3 and other terminals comes every hour. The Marriott is next to the Maxim's Hotel which is apparently more expensive. I truly enjoyed my stay and appreciated the Filipino hospitality that goes with it.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night in February and March 2012.We were very impressed with the security and the genuine friendliness of the staff. We were made to feel right at home,which is nice when you are in a foreign country far from your own home.The rooms were very clean,the service was excellent and the food was great.I highly recommend this hotel,its a bit pricey but well worth it.We will definitely stay here on our next trip to the Philippines

• Stayed February 2012
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

A simple "smile" from all the staff says it all! Services and facilities are very much reliable too.

Room Tip: Go for a room that is located on a non-smoking floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We've stayed at this Marriott numerous times since they opened, but our last visit really put a sour taste. The hotel is slowly becoming a typical casino hotel a la Las Vegas or Macau, and not the Marriotts that we've been accustomed to everywhere else.

As elite members of Marriott Rewards, we did not get special recognition. In fact, we were assigned to the lowest floor possible. I understand that we should have been assigned the "best room available". I also understand that if their best room is the garbage room then we would have gotten that, which would be fine, but I firmly believe that they just don't try hard enough. Their focus in this hotel is the high-rolling gamblers that the casino next door brings en-masse from nearby countries, not the discerning international business and leisure traveler that come to this hotel because it is a Marriott - a trusted brand in international travel.

Case in point - they have a fleet of vehicles available for hire on their front drive: Ford Focus, Mercedes Benz S Class, BMW 7 Series. On our previous stays, we would always book the standard car to the airport for PHP900. Again, this price is about 8 times more than a taxi but it is hassle-free so we don't mind paying that. Imagine my surprise during our last visit when I was told that only the luxury cars are allowed to drop guests off at the airport for PHP1900! Apparently it's an "upgrade" of their fleet and arrival/departure experience. An upgrade for who? I'm confident enough about my stature that I don't need to display the pretentiousness of those "nouveau-riche high rollers". A car is a car is a car, and all I need is a standard car.

I ended up barking at the duty manager. I was even told that I am asking for the "impossible". Well... that's fine, but as a former hotelier myself, we duty managers make the impossible possible - as long as it's legal! And impossible when there's clearly standard cars parked on the driveway waiting for guests to take them anywhere BUT the airport? This policy is just so absurd it does not make any sense. It's like lipstick on a pig! They can put me on a golden horse-drawn carriage, but I am still staying at a Marriott, not a Four Seasons. Even the Makati Shangri-La and The Peninsula, the two finest hotels in Manila, offer a choice of standard or luxury vehicles for airport transfers.

In the end, the duty manager "miraculously" found a standard car and offered it at PHP900, and I thanked him for his effort. I also sent an e-mail to the front office management clarifying that on our future stays we will not have an issue getting a standard car. However the response was a disappointing no.

This hotel was the primary reason why we've achieved elite status with Marriott Rewards because Manila is the city we travel to the most, which in turn influenced our choice of accommodations in Europe and elsewhere. But because of our experience, we will no longer patronize this hotel like we did before, nor would we be loyal to Marriott Rewards. The only reason we are returning to this hotel in the future is to burn off our points with free stays. After that, adios Marriott International - all because of Manila!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Very nice Marriott in Manila, near airport. Rooms are well kept and service is quite good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!