“Worth the stay :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manila Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Manila Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Manila Marriott Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City | Newport Complex, Pasay, Luzon 1309, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Pasay
Manila, Philippines
“Worth the stay :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom suite. We enjoyed our stay, they have a comfortable bed, blanket, and pillows.

They have a huge bathroom with a glass wall inside the bedroom, they have shutters if you want a little more privacy.

The living area has a 4 seater sofa and lounge chair. There's also a guest bathroom. The suite is a good size, very spacious.

My only gripe is that they only provided us with 2 bath towels. For a large bathroom like that, they should have a set allotted for the bath tub area and another set at the shower area. So we had to request for change of towels. The service was a little slow, but overall, I still strongly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Manila Marriott in June for one night. We were leaving for the U.S. the following day. My family and I were looking for a hotel close to the international airport and found this to be most appealing. We took the shuttle from the airport and were greeted warmly. The staff were courteous and the lobby was welcoming. We spent half of the day at the Quan Spa. It was a gem! Their services were outstanding. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. But the best part of our stay was the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was one of the best and comes with excellent Filipino service. We watched a movie in the nearby mall and browsed around boutique stores. We didn't care for the casino and the smoke but overall, we had a great time.
For our future visits to the Philippines, we would gladly stay in this hotel again. It is convenient, clean, high quality and great service.
The security inconvenience was minor.

Room Tip: request a non-smoking room, away from the main highway
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Iloilo City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here for a one-night sales conference. My stay was FREE. I wouldn't have stayed here if I paid for my stay. Pricing is one of the top five most expensive in Manila, as expected.

The front desk staff are warm, hospitable and very competent. Check-in and check-out were were a breeze and totally flawless.

The bad: I would expect above-average internet from a property so prestigious and expensive. However, there was no Wi-fi in my room. The guest services operator on the phone was of no help. He transferred my call to the IT department and no one answered the phone. I got hold of some free internet at the business center to print my boarding pass and the internet speed was almost useless, probably running at less than 56kbps.

The walls of the room were concrete but I could also hear conversation from the other room, as per the observations of the previous reviews for this hotel.

Overall the hotel has very impressive facilities but has a market-like atmosphere. This place is even busier than the Edsa Shangri-la.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

A few minutes away from the airport. This 5 star hotel is adjacent to the Resorts World casino, theaters for shows and movies, a high end mall, exclusive night clubs and restaurants at different price points. Hotel gives free wifi if you'll sign up for their free loyalty rewards card.

We requested for a king sized bed in an entry level room facing the airport. Upon checking in, they asked if 2 double beds would be ok but they'll upgrade our room to the golf course view. We accepted the upgrade. The view was great! Calm and serene. It didn't feel like we were in the city. Great for a staycation!

As with any 5 star hotel, they had a turn down service with sweet treats for each guest. They also gave more bottled water (even though we didn't ask for more) and asked if they can provide us with anything else and supplied it within seconds!

Breakfast buffet features an extensive array of dishes. If you don't want to eat a lot in the morning, you can opt to have a sandwich or quiche at the adjacent sandwich bar.

The pool is ordinary and quite small. The gym was nice and they have a salon within the hotel.

Check out was a breeze! Accommodating and very efficient.

I'll stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the golf course instead of the road / airport. More relaxing and feels like...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott for 2 nights in September on a business trip in an Executive Deluxe room on the Executive level. The room was very spacious with all amenities including a wonderful bathroom. Room service was outstanding with everything done quickly and minimum fuss. Bed was extremely comfortable. Free in room and lounge internet worked well. The service and staff in the Executive Lounge were outstanding (wonderful food and dinks selection) and went out of their way to be of assistance and gave excellent personalised service.
While I used the hotel transport from terminal 2 to the hotel, at PHP 1,200 one way I used the free shuttle for my return and found it a very good service. While the hotel is located out of the city centre it is close to the airport (across the road from terminal 3) there are a number of very reasonable priced and chain restaurants close by. It was a PHP 350 taxi ride to the Mall of Asia shopping centre. I will not hesitate to stay at the Marriot Manila on my next trip.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay on the Executive foor , you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hongkong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We checked in Marriott Manila for a Conference Trip. As soon as we saw their fancy bulbs and massive lobby inside, we expected we were going to have an extraordinary stay. I was checked in by staff named TJ. He painted a first impression of Marriott Manila for me. His service was impeccable, he truly helped me through the process of checking in from the front desk to my room. He was attentive to my needs, and even let us feel not only like a guest in Marriott but a guest in his "own" house, always giving us genuine warm responses instead of the usual mechanical smile and courtesy welcome we used to get from other hotels. One of our colleagues got sick one night and he even bothered to check up on him from time to time until he felt better.

If I'd stop from that man's service, I would have given this hotel an 'excellent' rating, were it not for their not so noise-proof walls and for the inept training of their Dining department.

When I got to my room, the walls of the room seem to be too thin. Some sort of loud banging occurred one night in a nearby room which actually woke me up. And the rest of the nights, I have been hearing conversation murmurs in the room beside mine.

There was a time when they brought me "fresh" teapot with lukewarm water. I politely explained to the staff that what I wanted was a fresh pot of tea -- with hot water and a new teabag. Another time, they would bring a pot of tea and try to immediately pour it into my cup -- each time I stopped them telling that the tea needs to steep for a couple of minutes before it can be poured. After I finished one pot I asked for another pot of tea. Several times I found that they had simply refilled the pot with water and not put in a fresh teabag.

I managed to get what I wanted each time. The complaint is that a place so committed to excellence should better train their staff in how to properly serve food or beverage at least.

Thanks to the front desk staff for living up to Marriott's standard in customer service but I have never had such technical complaints with Marriott before, even at the humblest of hotels. Marriott Manila- be warned- it is not just about the first impression - it is also about sustenance.

Room Tip: Garden view function room is good.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This Marriot, attached to the Resorts World Manila casino and entertainment complex, is the only new five start hotel built in Manila in the past 15 years so it is a nice alternative to the ageing Peninusla, Shangr-la, and Mandarin. Located across from Terminal 3 of the airport, it is also next to an entrance to the Skyway so getting into Makati is quite easy.

The hotel has a pretty good outdoor pool and health club and next door are plenty of shopping and dining options at Resorts World including a night club and a movie theater - plus, of course, gambling.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!