“Get it in writing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Legend Villas

Save Saved
You added Legend Villas to your Saves list
Legend Villas
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   60 Pioneer corner Madison Sts, Mandaluyong, Luzon, Philippines   |
Seoul
“Get it in writing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

We stayed during late January under their stay 3 nights for 50% off special (valid until 31 Jan). Firstly, the 50% off is their rack rate and not 50% off their internet rate so it was actually only about 25% off but still good.
The hotel is very nice with quaint detail in the lobby and grounds. The pool is quite nice but was unavailable at times due to functions that use the same area.
We left for an island hop under the assurance that we could continue the promo rate on our return. We returned on the 31st of Jan and were quoted the full rack rate. There was no recollection that we were assured the promo rate. There was erroneous claims that because we would be checking out on the 1st of Feb, the January special does not apply. We were offered 30% off rack rate once we preached the importance of valuing return business. This rate is around the same if we had made a faceless internet booking. We asked to speak to a manager and was made to wait 15 minutes to speak with them and were still not able to convince them to honour their previous promise to extend the promo rate. All in all the service provided in this respect was well below par.

• Liked — Location to our friends who live close by
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

To start, the assigned AE with me, was not that credible. When we were still months away from our booked date, she replies to my queries and concerns say a week, if you followed up on her. Granted it is months away, it is clear to me, that we are not a priority. Shouldn't have implied that to your client, right.

Costings on our customized package, because their own wedding package sucks, also takes time. And yes, you yourself should nudge your AE to follow it up.

Then we discussed the details and they agreed they can do it. This is with regards to the food. Since the groom wants a sit-down, but I don't like it, because the guests will be limited to one entree. And he doesn't want buffet, because it doesn't look organized to him if the guests will stand up. For a compromise, I requested family style. And AE said she will consult it with the chef and manager, and then said they can do it.

But then, on our last week before the big day, her supervisor says it's not possible for them. It's like riding getting the ride, then trapped in no way you can escape. Got no choice, so consider it acceptable.

So, we needed to revise again the menu. And the costing, we only saw it after our event. Considering it was the holidays. I can understand that. But the frustration they've set up on me is not a good customer service.

Then the big day arrived!

One of my relatives were saying that half of the people in their table was served one of the desserts. And unless they tell the waiter, they won't be served. Their soup was fully consumed, before the bread that should've come with it, arrived. This should have been served together. The wines for toasting were not fully served to I think 2-3 tables when the wine toasting ceremony occured, so not all ur guests were standing and joining us.

And our wine for toasting, which was provided by (I'll skip the "The") Legend Villas, tasted like a strawberry Kool-Aid! I would have appreciated if they would have served us with our own Merlot, which was served to the guests. Oh, and these are only two glasses, don't fool your clients by saying it's a bottle.

And here's their unforgivable mistake...We, the Couple, and the Principal Sponsors, were served Kiddie Meal! I think the principal sponsors table will be served first. Common Sense people! This is the VIP table, and you're serving them kiddie meal?! That can be a lapse, but us the couple?

Oh, and while our principal sponsors are eating the kiddie meal they mistakenly served, the waiters were getting it from them. How rude was that? They should have at least replaced it with what they should be serving. Well yes they did, they served in a platter with the entree there, so pricipal sponsors, help yourself to that small dish in the table. Which apparently doesn't look like a serving dish either. Para kang sinervan na kumain ka sa turo-turo. Which was the reason they can't go with our family style serving request, because they don't have a serving dish.

And the food, didn't even tasted appealing to a starving stomach! It was good when we had our food tasting, but I don't know if they changed their chef into an amateur yaya who does your cooking at home as well. I thought we were just unhappy with their service, that's why the food didn't taste well, but this comment also came from our guests.

Well, to think it would end there? After the wedding, you will learn that not only one table complained of their juices because it smelled like roach. If I could only talk with all the guests, I guess, half of them would just be too modest to complain about it.

As consolation, they gave us a voucher for an overnight stay in a deluxe room? You think that could replace a day of a lifetime, which they've just messed up, and humiliated us for?

Well, when we went back there to get our refund on the excess payment we've made. They were asking me to wait for their manager whose suppose to give me something ( the nerve to make make me wait?!). Then they caught up with us on the parking lot and gave us a voucher again for a 3days 2 nights stay in Palawan. Because they learned that we were planning to have our honeymoon there. Too late. And it was only valid for 6 months, they can't even extend it to one year. They know my husband is leaving in the next day or so.

Then my forgiving husband thought we should avail the overnight stay instead. They upgraded our room to this loft. Where jacuzzi is not working and a cockroach, freaked the hell out of me, while I was taking a bath. Thinking their rooms are any good than their banquet? Nah-uh! Their roach mania isn't restriced to their banquet, but it contaminates their rooms as well! I may be too bitter, but there's nothing special and delicious with their breakfast buffet guys.

You could give us all the vouchers you want, but you can never repay our wedding event that you messed up.

If there's one or two things I could commend them for. It's the doorman, whose standing in the valet desk,always giving me his sincere smile and greetings. And their sungka table that preoccupies guests while waiting. Oh, I'm thankful for securing my digicam I accidentally left when we had our meeting.

I know how to be thankful and commend good service. But they are the most disppointing supplier.

I can't say anything more positive about them. So if you're having a-day-in-your-lifetime, don't make it a Legend here.

• Liked — ambience
  • Disliked — old appliances, jacuzzi not working, there's a cockroach
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

We could have stayed anywhere but choose this place cause its out of the way of other hotels.The way rooms are postioned and you look up you find it hard to see the sunlight,there a metal wire hanging all over and seems like your in a cave.Food for me was either not hot or a lousy look to them,not pretty to look at.Pool was very small and the jacuzzi near pool seemed dirty.They also turned light off in hallway often near pool.If you want to go outside be careful on pioneer street,you might runned over.Tougher than a new york street to cross,try the back exit,its alot safer.Also seen price list in room extra towel,soap etc charge???Never seen that ever in my life!!!!Had pancakes grill was very dirty with grease,gave very little syrup had to ask for more.Have to have this hotel is very money hungry and for a lousy place overall.People at Desk were great thats about the best thing only.The dont own the place and the owner who I heard is a Christian, should be ashame of himself.Don't waste your money here,go elsewhere.

• Liked — Nothing !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Money down the drain.dont be next.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

The Legend Villas is a quaint hotel that belongs to a previous era with its old-world charm, wood finishes & stained-glass windows.

I stayed here twice - in November for one week, then again 2 weeks ago, for another week - because it was convenient to walk across the road where I had business.

The rooms I stayed in both times were basic but comfortable & clean. I was tucked away in a quiet corner both times, away from the road, hence away from the traffic noise. I wanted to borrow an iron & ironing board but was informed that no such service is provided (but I can get my clothes pressed for a price). I guess I should have expected this since I heard another guest ask for an adapter only to be told he could buy it for 75 Pesos. So don't expect frills when staying here.

The staff is friendly though & the restaurant food is great if you don't want to go out for dinner (there's a Robinson's shopping mall 5 minutes walk away if you want to eat mall-type food).

Internet connection is free - only wireless.

This becomes booked out beginning Friday night as families come here for the weekend. It's also popular for weddings, meetings, etc.

• Liked — conveniently located for where I wanted to go
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Basingstoke, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

Having stayed in a few places in the Makati / Mandaluyong area in the past we thought we'd give Legend Villas a go this time. Overall, very impressed. Price very reasonable compared to other places in the area, staff very friendly, helpful and trustworthy (we left a watch in the room following check out and the staf retreived it and held it for us), breakfast good, pool was very nice. Room was average, but perfectly comfortable. Location pretty good. across the road from Robinsons department store, just 50php ride from Megamall and 75php ride from Greenbelt. I don't think you can get better for your money in the area.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The city it is in!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

I visited a friend in Ortigas June last year and it was the same time i experienced a black out in the area. The electricity went out longer than i expected. i suggested to my friend that we check in a hotel. at least a 3-star one as the temperature that time was really high. So anyway, we decided to look for an affordable hotel so we went just outside ortigas area. Fortunately, we found Legend Villas.

We were welcomed warmly by the staff. They briefed us re their services, check out time, restaurant opening hours, food, etc. They were very accommodating in short.

The room was exceptionally clean. I liked the way it smelled that time--very sanitized.

When we woke up the next day, we dined in their restaurant. I live in australia and i missed eating Filipino cuisine. Theirs is indeed authentic.

i would definitely go back to that hotel. Not just for their food but for their overall service and accommodation as well!

(sorry we werent able to take pictures of the hotel. it was black out and we ran out of batteries)

• Liked — food, room and services
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ambler, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I stayed at the Legend Villas twice - at the beginning of my trip and the end. My review is a little mixed because I had two different experiences. The staff was very polite and always stopped what they were doing to greet you with a smile as you approached. My first room was average, clean, nothing special. It was inconvenient for my roommate who walked with a cane, as the room was up two flights of steps - there are no elevators.
The breakfast buffet was okay and a good chance to try Filipino food. I tried to do both, but my pancakes were not good, they were dry and gritty, so stick to what they know. On my return visit the business center wasn't available which was a disappointment as I needed the internet, but it was available at the local mall. We received a better room which could be called a villa room. There was a nice kitchenette area and sitting area; the bedroom was located on the 2nd flr. and the rooms were clean. We were also closer to the street, where sometimes the traffic was a little loud, but didn't prevent me from sleeping, I had earplugs! Bathroom was clean, towels and hand towels nice and white, you have to ask for face cloths. Good location, near to one of the smaller Robinsons Malls. You can pick up groceries, toiletries, etc., if necessary. I wouldn't suggest driving in Manilla, unless you're very, very brave!

• Liked — The Villas room
  • Disliked — Climbing up 2 flights of steps in the heat
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Legend Villas? Share your experiences!