“Good for Staycation!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Legend Villas

You added The Legend Villas to your Saves list
The Legend Villas
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   60 Pioneer | corner Madison Streets, Mandaluyong, Luzon 1550, Philippines   |
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
“Good for Staycation!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was preparing for a school project when I decided to take my kid and my wife to Legend Villas because of a scheduled black out in our place. You can say I was desperate but who wouldn't be when you're in that situation when you need electricity to finish your presentation, right?

Legend Villas was a good choice because the hotel is only about a kilometer from where we live.

The room we got was good but the atmosphere inside the room was better. My son loved it and the whole area was conducive to what I needed to finish.

We checked in at night so we ordered McDonald's for dinner. Unlike regular hotels where you don't get the items directly from the delivery guy, this time we got our order delivered directly by the delivery person to our room. That may not look secure but I didn't mind. This was made possible because majority of the Legend Villas rooms were located on the first floor.

The only disappointment I had was breakfast. I felt their buffet could be more presentable and choices - more! I felt bad when THE BEST and magic of our Filipino food wasn't there. There were conference delegates who stayed in the hotel and I felt they didn't enjoy their breakfast too based from the comments I heard from them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay in Manila and check in to this hotel to avoid the holiday rush and hassle of going outside the city. Instead of enjoying our Maundy Thursday, we had the worst experience because of the rude pool attendant and inconsiderate manager!

Room Tip: This is a low rise three-storey villa without an elevator so choose the lower floor if you have heav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

An average staycation place. Nothing special. Sometimes you hear the noise of the cars outside. The food in the resto doesnt taste so great. But the staff are courteous and great. Cleanliness is also average only. Not spic and span.

I do not highly recommend. But their sister company in Palawan is great!

• Stayed April 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Location is the advantage for this place.. Very Close to my then office..
Not that great but helps for business travelers..
I was there for 3 weeks and all in all it was a good stay. I was in hotel and not in room with Kitchen. The rooms are bit odd they dont have windows, if they have it will open into another's window which kind of gives you no privacy..Weird.. Some even open in stairs.. Hahaha...
Suites with kitchen has windows which open to parking lot but they are near to road so noise is a problem.

So if you are Indian and not used to eat non veg, then you are going to face problems here.

My Filipino colleagues always praised for the breakfast they serve. Its a typical Filipino brkfast.. But as its a hotel, i suggest they provide better alternatives...

May be some muffins, US style would be better. They had some but.. :(

The staff in restaurant area will try to fool you, i asked for Butter three times on three diff days and they said its finished.. Come on... You gotto be kidding me...

Anyway other days I asked another person and he could get it for me.. Dont know whats the problem with some of them..

Tell them specifically what you want.. Tell them to full fry the egg for omelet.. else you would end up having it almost not fried.. not even half..

otherwise good place.. Little noisy because of its location.

Room Tip: tell them you need a room little away from road so you can sleep a bit..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we we're given a room at the ground floor. Although the hotel looks old, all the furnitures seems to be new so I guess we we're given a refurbished room. The room is big with 2 comfortable double size beds.

Buffet breakfast was really good, a lot of choice but mostly Filipino food. The staff from the security guards, to the housekeeping, to the food and beverages dept. and front desk were really good, polite and accommodating.

The hotel is a short walk to a mall with lots of food options. I find The Legend Villa a little overpriced but then, most of the hotels in this area are overpriced. Overall we had a great stay at The Lengend Villas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for 11 nights and felt very at home and safe. All the staff are so courteous, happy and always willing to comply with all our requests. Extra towels, toilet paper, pillows, directions, taxi,etc. - anything we wanted,they were given with a smile. The girls at the front desk were so helpful and polite. Kat was very professional,efficient and was always happy everytime I've dealt with her. Sarah helped me with printing my boarding pass and when it wouldn't print, she called Cebu Pacific to ensure that we wouldn't have any problems checking in at the airport.

Room: We had the premier room for our first 3 nights. It's similar to the standard room except for the jacuzzi. Both room types have 2 double beds. Our family of 4 (2adults & 2 children) fit in quite comfortably with plenty of room to walk around. Wi-fi in rooms has really good connection- never had any problems. On our first day, we were lucky enough to be assisted by Marvin who arranged for us to have their best standard room on our 4th day (Room 623). He specifically requested this for us as it has a pool view and is away from the noisy street. Marvin's kind assistance, enthusiasm, friendliness and knowledge of the hotel's services and facilities were instrumental in making me feel very comfortable of my new surroundings. Even my kids liked him instantly. When my little boy got sick, I bumped into Marvin on my way to the lobby and he expressed immediate concern. He also advised me that the hotel has a resident nurse and a doctor on call anytime and that their services is free for hotel guests. I really appreciate this very much and made me feel so much more at home here as well have peace of mind knowing that medical help is easily accessible should I require it.

Room tip: Request a room that is away or not facing the streets as the traffic noise can be quite disruptive esp for those who prefer a quiet night. Room 623 is highly recommended.

Location: Great location. 5 minutes walk to Robinson's Forum shopping mall. It is not a big mall but it has all the basic things that you will need,ie. supermarket, department store, hairdressers and plenty of restaurants. There is a Starbucks, Figaro, Pan de Manila nearby. BDO atm machine is just across the road from the gate. Short taxi ride to Greenhills (P110), Galleria (P75), Megamall (P60) or Cubao (P130). The hotel also has a private van transfer which doesn't cost much. We only paid P150 to go to SM Megamall and P600 to NAIA 3 airport.

Security: I have never felt safer. There are a number of security staff who roam around the grounds at night. They are all courteous towards house guests and I felt safe sending my kids from our room to the lobby or restaurant on theirown. After hours, the boom gates are down so only cars or taxis with hotel guests are allowed to come inside the grounds. The security guards also note down the taxis' plate numbers when they pick up guests from the hotel.

Restaurant: Lola Maria's Restaurant would have to be the best-value Filipino buffet in Manila. Even their ala carte menu is well priced. Their food is highly recommended - they are all delicious! You must try their Bulalo - much, much better than any I have tasted and at P568, it's more than enough for 5 people. My 8yr old fussy eater proclaimed Lola Maria's Bulalo as his new favorite. Their breakfast buffet is always popular with guests. Get their room package with breakfast included - you won't regret it. Every single staff we have encountered in the restaurant are commendable for their professionalism and friendliness. Thank you all so much for looking after us extremely well.

Facilites: Good size pool. Pool attendants and lifeguard are on duty during pool hours. Filipino board games in the lobby to keep kids entertained. There is also a business centre. Safe is also provided but this is via the front desk,not in the room.

My family and I fell in love with this hotel mainly because of all the staff who have made our stay very comfortable. To all the staff at the front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, security, to everyone even the van driver - thank you all so much! We will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Rooms away from the street are quieter as well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our last day in Manila. I booked here because it would be already close to NAIA. I can't find anything PRO here. We were given a room on the 3rd level and there is no lift. The building is old and rustic style but I think this hotel is really old. The bathroom facilities are very poor and not even average. The toilet seat is not fixed. You can see moulds in the tiles. There is not enough hot water in the shower. WIFI is not working. Location and parking are not convenient. I have to pay for the universal adaptor while other hotels provide this for free. Breakfast is not that bad. But overall, I suggest you look for better one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Greetings from the Legend Villas,

We appreciate your review and we sincerely apologize that your stay was not comfortable and that there were some concerns with your room.

Please be assured that the areas for improvement have been addressed and improvement on guest services will be done accordingly.

Admittedly, our hotel is not directly close to NAIA however, we have other sister properties under the Kabayan Hotel brand who are within the proximity of our airports.

Again, our apologies and regards.

Jesselyn G. Amagan
The Legend Villas

Been to The Legend Villas? Share your experiences!