“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edsa Shangri-La

You added Edsa Shangri-La to your Saves list
Edsa Shangri-La
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Garden Way | Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong, Luzon 1650, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Stavanger, Norway
“Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Family-friendly swimming pools - clean and not crowded. High quality of other services inside the hotel-building; hair-dresser, spa and shops.
If you could find all this cheaper in another hotel - well, you've lost some dollars. But so very often - a cheaper hotel can destroy your holiday.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

stayed twice during our 2013 visit to the Philippines. 1st was during our arrival where we stayed in the main wing and 2nd was during christmas day where we stayed in the garden wing. I recommend staying at the garden wing: More private location, better rooms, more room amenities, and a dedicated front desk personnel. Their friendliest and helpful staff, the hotel location, and price value are the reasons why I chose this hotel over all the other hotels in Manila.

Room Tip: Rooms in the garden wing are a lot better than in the tower/main wing, and opt for the free buffet b...
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

To celebrate New Year's Day, we decided to have lunch at the HEAT, the Coffee Shop at EDSA Shang Hotel. The buffet was pricey at PHP2600 per person. I started with lobster and shrimps and added SHRIMP SALAD on the side. I am a 70 yr. old Lola and not a big eater. I had some tempura and dimsum. 4 pcs sushi (nothing raw). A little beef and some chicken. Dessert was 2 mini cupcakes. After 4 hours, my stomach started acting up. I had the run 4 times and I vomited 4 times too. I was too weak to check into a hospital so I asked the doctor to do a house call. It was a case of FOOD POISONING. Lesson learned: AVOID THE BUFFET AT THE HEAT COFFEE SHOP OF THE EDSA SHANGRILA HOTEL!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at Edsa Shangri-La, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear CLO L,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience at Edsa Shangri-La.

It is in our nature at Edsa Shangri-La, Manila to provide quality service and hospitality from a caring family.

We are concerned about your feedback and would like to request for details so we can improve our services and facilities. We want you to know that you are very important to us and in communicating the specific details of your experience, we can better understand and resolve your concerns.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at esl@shangri-la.com or you can call 633 8888.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Schaub
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

It's been 3 years since our last stay with this hotel. The only reason we booked again with them was they had a deal we couldn't resist. For 7k nett, we were given a room accommodation with 2k dining credits and buffet breakfast for 2. And recently, they renovated the pool, slide and added an aqua play facility. We arrived early at the hotel. Though our room was not yet ready, they gave us a pass to allow us to use their pool and spa. The kids had lots of fun. Their lifeguards/pool staff were very attentive to my 3 year old. My 3 year old knows how to swim. While I finished putting sunblock on my son, my 3 year old walked by herself to the aqua play area. I saw the lifeguard followed her with his eyes and made sure she was ok. When the pool staff first saw her playing/jumping into the pool, they approached me within 5 minutes and asked if she knew how to swim. Coming from our room, we will go immediatly to empty lounge chairs. Within 5 minutes, an attendant will hand us our towels and registration form. We were given a room in the Garden Wing. Our kids enjoyed the sofa bed. Turn down service was excellent! Enjoyed the great service! I hope they will have more great staycation deals in the future. :)

Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I thought I might write a review even though my stay was 3 months ago.

This hotel is what you would expect from a typical 5 star hotel in Asia. Grand lobbys are part and parcel. Nothing ultra luxurious but nothing mediocre either. Rooms are warm and cozy . The most endearing quality in the rooms of this hotel is that nothing stands out. It's like walking into an open house and the room could be anything you want it to be. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a good night's rest.
Breakfast at Heat was satisfactory but not what it used to be. It may seem like it has an impressive selection but it used to be bigger and wider...more grand.

We booked 2 connecting rooms at the garden wing.The Tower wing and the pool was under renovations during my stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I usually come to shang with my family when we get the chance ... like if theres no school , work or whenever we feel like it , so awhile ago , we decided to just go again beforr schook starts on monday... so we had a fast check in, was offered an upgrade and the room was really nice , so at first we were treated well, just as a expected coz i always feel happy and contented everytime we check in here. The problem arose when i asked for an extra set of toiletries and dental kits for my children , they didnt want to give me for we could only get a set each day according to the housekeeper manager named ricky , he even came up to our room , and kind of disrespected my husband with his manners and words , he just denied us our request , so aftrwards aftr calling anf connecting to the front desk , they gave us what we wanted , but it was too late , our day was already spoilt , because of the trouble, the kids werent able to take their bubble bath beforr their swim, and we went to the pool later than planned coz we still had to talk to another manager to express our anger ... for we are a gc member and it was the first time that we had this kind of experience, they tried to make up for it by sending some fruits to our room and a bar of chocolate , which i appreciated , but then it doesnt feel the same anymore , we feel that the standard they have isnt as high as what we used to experience and expect anymore

Room Tip: Choose the premiere room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My son loves the play ground in the pool area. Beds are comfortable.our complimentary anniversary cake is very delicious

Good location near malls.

.Highly recommended. We will definitely come back....

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Been to Edsa Shangri-La? Share your experiences!