...I wrote a review on this hotel last year, and I sung praises about it then!
As always the hotel facilities are amazing! Beautiful features and scents really compliment the brands ethos. However, on this occasion, service was a little slop. When I got out of my cab, nobody really helped me with my luggage. I carried a 75 ltr back pack, which is almost the size of a teenager! Clearly they noticed the bag but nobody for concierge came to greet me or offer any assistance. It was only until I got to the reception when I placed my backpack down did someone from concierge come and assist me. Check in was smooth and the lovely receptionist was polite and quick.
The room was beautiful and clean. I checked in with a group of lads and therefore got a twin room and an extra bed. I met some relatives for dinner that night who were staying in the same hotel. When I got back to my room, someone had turned down our beds and placed the slippers and matts appropriately next to the foot of our beds: nice touch Shang! :)
Again, I was disappointed with service at breakfast. The boys and myself, three of us, went down to the all you can eat buffet at Heat (which is amazeballs!). I requested that my relatives be seated with us as we would all dine together. The boys and I ordered our teas and coffees and go started on the buffet. When my relatives did join us we were side-lined by the staff. They're coffee orders were brought straight away and fresh fruit/food were placed at their end of the table. My Godfather had to remind the waiter about our tea n coffee orders. I felt that the waiter/esses paid more attention to the VIPs (my relatives) than my group. I didn't take it personally, but it was a bit embarrassing to have to constantly ask for top ups when my relatives had a constant flow of OJ and coffee without any request.
Having said that... the rest of our stay, albeit short, was okay and check out was quick. The pool was great and the ambience around it is so nice. Just remember that the hotel is situated next to busy roads and a construction site of some kind of mall or hotel, so don't expect to get peaceful laze by the pool...
P.s. if you can, take away as many of the toilet amenities as you can, no not the toilet seat, but the lotions, bath gel and soap... they smell great!
- Also Known As:
- Edsa Shangri-La Hotel
- Edsa Shangri-La Hotel Mandaluyong
- Edsa Shangri La
- Edsa Shangri La Mandaluyong
- Edsa Shangri La Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Philippines’ foremost deluxe city-resort convention hotel. It offers 632 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, dining choices, and CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Edsa Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.