“Loved the Chicken!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hainanese Delights

Hainanese Delights
Level 2, Robinson's Forum | Edsa corner Pioneer Ave., Mandaluyong, Luzon, Philippines
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 296 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Asian
Luzon, Philippines
“Loved the Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had been to this place twice, and both times, the chicken never failed me, despite the bad reviews online

Cost:
- Awesome price at P120, with unlimited rice and free soup

Chicken:
- I just love the chicken
- I'm always for chicken that are not fried or grilled
- Plus, I've always loved Hainanese chicken (not the cold one, though, that some restos serve), so when I saw this place, I just had to try it
- They don't serve the chicken hot, but it's not cold either. For me, the temperature is just right
- I love pairing it with a mixture of "mashed" (?) ginger and chili, just yummm

Soup:
- A little too salty for my taste

Rice:
- It's a yellow-colored rice flavored with some kind of chicken flavoring, I think
- Nothing special

Where:
- I tried it at their Robinson's Galleria branch

• Visited July 2012

Quezon City
“Chicken was tender and juicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

LOVED the chicken here. It lacked the authentic feel of hainanese but it still tasted good, very tender and juicy and served on a bed of light soy sauce.

When we ate here last week, they had just ran out of chili sauce but this did not stop me from enjoying the chicken. I paired it with plain ginger sauce and it tasted great.

We also ordered a tofu dish and salt and pepper dish. They both tasted great as well. This is a value-for-money restaurant.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the chicken dish came with unlimited servings of chicken rice? Heaven! At PhP120, it's definitely a steal. There's complimentary soup as well, which you get to enjoy while waiting for your order.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Great food and value for money, just a bit noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

First experience of Hainanese Chicken Rice. Excellent. We stopped here for lunch by chance as the restaurant we wanted was closed. Very reasonably priced dishes. Eat all you can rice helpings.
The rest of the food was also very good. I had the barbecue chicken and fried squid to start, my wife had the Hainanese Delights Chicken with Shrimp Dumplings as the Entrée. They also served a complimentary soup which was nice.
The only criticism I had was that the food, except for the soup, was all served together which is not what I expected.
The restaurant was smart and bright and did not have the feel of a cheap restaurant. However it was near to a gaming zone at the SM Masinag Mall which was very noisy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Chicken dishes cost PhP 120 with unlimited Hainanese Rice. Both chicken and rice taste good!

• Visited March 2012