“Outstanding Service @ Paparazzi” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 296 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Italian
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Outstanding Service @ Paparazzi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great service, excellent food, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They have a very good wine selection. The atmosphere is very good, quite, but not to the point you can hear a pin drop.

Visited March 2014

Manila, Philippines
“Wonderful Christmas Day Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Manila - located within the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel and close to the Shangri-la Mall and a short walk to SM Megamall too.
We go to Paparazzi whenever we have a special occasion, and it is fine dining all the way. It is quite expensive but worth it for the class and fine food.

Our most recent visit was for the evening dinner on Christmas Day - a fixed menu of appetiser, soup, sorbet, main course (a choice of veal or fish) and a dessert.
The food was beautifully presented and delicious, and the pinot grigio was a perfect accompaniment.
The service was a bit irritating though - maybe because we were seated on the edge of the room and waiters did not seem to notice us. I was required to gesture for service every time I needed anything because the servers were not attentive and did not seem to be aware of our likely needs.
A major irritant was to discover that my single-shot of espresso and my wife's peppermint tea were an ADDED COST to the 2500 php per head for the dinner. I have always found that tea and coffee is included in most fixed price dinners (or buffets) and I think it is really penny-pinching for restaurants to add on such a trivial cost to what is already an expensive dinner.
It annoyed me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila
“Super Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love this place, a bit pricey but worth what you pay. I never get tired of eating in this restaurant. It is a hassle for parking if there is an event in the hotel though. Best also to make reservations.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've eaten at Paparazzi on multiple occasions and each time I have been impressed by the quality of the food and the relaxing ambiance. The hotel is located within the Edsa Shangri-La and despite it's location it always seems relatively quiet. It's perfect for a couple or a group of friends any night of the week.

The fresh bread is to die for, cocktails are a bit hit and miss. Overall though a great night out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

As always the paparazzi restaurant lead by head chef Roberto was a true delight. Atmosphere is a little lacking but the settting is what you expect from a five star marvel - elegant and stylish. Like many hotel restaurants it just misses that street cred. This hotel never fails to impress me.