“Best value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza

You added Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza to your Saves list
Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza
UG/F, Robinsons Cybergate Plaza EDSA corner Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Iloilo
“Best value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

To best appreciate gohotels.ph, pay for the lowest rate possible by booking way in advance at http://gohotels.ph.

The yellow taxi from the airport did not have trouble finding this hotel because it was along EDSA (Epifanio delos Santos Avenue), the artery of Metro Manila, and was beside Robinson's Mall Pioneer. When we got to the hotel, the security guard readily helped us carry our belongings and promptly assisted us to the lobby where we were to check-in. The front desk staff could use some hospitality though. Intending to check in, I lined up behind a guy transacting with the front desk personnel and after he was done, I thought I was next. I was a bit surprised that without a word, the staff just took a glance at me, picked up her handbag, said goodbye to her colleagues and left. Thus, I had to line up again at the other lane where when it was my turn, I was advised to wait for the 2:00pm check in time. I asked the staff if I could leave our luggage so we could eat lunch at the nearby mall and she said I could leave them inside their reception area. She headed in the direction of the entrance to their reception area and I expected that she open it to let me put my luggage in. Instead, again without a word, she just entered the door to the backroom and never returned. There was no one left at the front desk so I stood there considering entering the reception area myself or waiting for who knows how long for somebody to come out. Luckily, another security guard came by and he assisted us in taking our stuff to a luggage room. I was a bit uncomfortable with leaving our stuff there without a corresponding claim stub because that would mean that anyone could just claim it to be theirs especially that the room was full of luggage but I was hungry and was in a hurry to have lunch. Besides my fear was assuaged because of the numerous CCTVs all around the place.

When we returned at half past 2:00pm, our room was ready and we were also assisted in going there. Gohotels.ph is expansive but all rooms were only on 2 floors so our room was a bit of a distance from the 2 elevators that were very spacious as well.

They provided us with a keycard that is inserted in a slot beside the room to turn the electricity on. I was very happy in seeing our room because it was how it looked like in the pictures. It was not spotless as I saw that some dust (looked more like colloids) had accumulated on my bedside table and also saw two hair strands that were definitely not ours. Otherwise, the place was relatively clean. The room must not have been used in a while and housekeeping failed to retouch before we came in.

I had a good night's sleep in the very comfortable queen-sized bed. The pillows were ok and the sheets were clean

Other than the front desk staff and these two concerns, gohotels.ph is very good: 1. The air conditioner which was a vent on the ceiling did not cool the room quickly enough, and 2. gohotels.ph is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel but I am sure I smelled cigarette smoke in the bathroom. I am not sure if it was the scent sticking to the walls after someone had smoked in there or if it was carried in through the exhaust from someone who was smoking in the other rooms. I wish management would check on this because for non-smokers like me, cigarette smell is a big turn-off.

Our room had a view so we had the option of drawing the curtains to let light in. The television also had lots of channels for entertainment.

As for the bathroom, there was a steady flow of water. The toilet flush also worked well. Towels and a towel-mat for the floor were provided. Aside from those, no other amenities were in the bathroom except for a small packet of soap and shampoo. It did not matter though because we always never get to use bathroom stuff because we bring our own preferred brands anyway. What was most important is that there was hot water and the showers worked well.

For transportation, we have not tried hailing a taxi or taking the MRT at the nearby station but I suppose that there would not be any trouble if one chooses those options. Gohotels.ph is not necessarily near where the action is but an MRT station is near so getting to destinations will not be a problem.

Not wanting to be troubled by having to hail a taxi in going to the airport the following day, we arranged for one at the taxi table at the hotel lobby. We think that the Php400 flat rate is worth not having to be hassled by having to find a taxi and haggling with the rate, considering that we had more than a few luggages. The taxi that was provided for us was clean but I wish the driver would look presentable. He looked like he just got out of bed. He was the same guy I talked to the previous day and he might not have gone home over the night because he was wearing the same clothes early morning the following day

In sum, I would consider staying at Gohotels.ph again because I am willing to overlook the few cons because of the pros and especially because of the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Went to this hotel because I attended an event. Stayed for about 3 nights. Tried this hotel out coz it's new. Staff was quick to check us in, but was quite strict about the 2pm check-in time. Upon entering the room, I discovered that it was clean. Tried the bed immediately, and I found out that the comforter/duvet was very very nice. I can say that it is at par or better than Oakwood Joy~Nostalg's duvet. The sheets are very clean and the bathroom was quite small but comfortable for individuals. Overall, my sleeping experience was very very good.

There's a Tokyo Cafe that just opened beside it on the second day of my stay. It was a nice addition considering that the nearest eating area is inside the mall (although the mall was just next door). The Front office staff said that they are opening a Mini Stop opening between Tokyo Cafe and Union Bank. An ATM is located beside the bank for easy access to funds. That's nice to know... just in case...

I also liked the fact that it's near transportation hubs like the Boni MRT station and Bus station. The hotel also has a taxi service and laundry service for guests. I would have liked that they had a FOREX counter, but then a bank is just next door.. so I guess it's not practical for them to offer it.

Upon checking-out, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. They also informed me that they are going to offer breakfast sets in tie-up with Tokyo Cafe. So for those booking in the future, this will be handy. :D

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Eunice, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel should be shut down. They have poor customer service, and rude attitude.

I have made my reservation and accidentally tell them the wrong date for my check in since my travel agency told me a wrong arrival date in the Philippines. So I called them when I was still in New York to move the date from Aug 10th and change it to Aug 11th (Yes! just a day difference) so this nasty operator told me that he can't do anything about it and he asked me to wait on the line and never come back again. I called again and he said he has to talk to the manager and still he said he can't do anything. THEY NEVER OFFER ANY ALTERNATIVE WAYS SO THEY CAN CATER CUSTOMER'S REQUEST.

POOR SERVICE, RUDE PEOPLE, AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
So Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My plan was to check in for one night after arriving at airport and then move to Makati or to Angeles City. I was able to secure a reservation for PHP1288/ night which was is very affordable. I did not know much about the area so I took a chance. The room was very nice and clean but minimal. The TV was very small, no closet, bathroom large enough but 1 tiny 1-use soap and shampoo, 2 bath towels, no hand or face towels or face tissue. Once you are in the shower, it is difficult to open the soap and shampoo due to the packaging. The bed was very comfortable as was the pillows. The AC worked well enough to keep the room cool when you were in there but because you need to insert your room card to keep the electricity on, it was very warm upon entering it. The safe was large enough to fit a laptop and other things. Housekeeping was efficient and helpful. The wireless internet connection was slow at times and the signal was not strong enough from some rooms. I had changed rooms the 2nd night and noticed the difference as well as many people in the common floor lobby using their laptops there vs. their room.
I enjoyed it enough to book additional nights instead of moving to Makati and was able to secure a rate of PHP1788 for two additonal nights. They did have a large Japanese youth group arrive and leave very early the next morning and they were very noisy. I liked mall right next store to the hotel and went there for food, money exchange, phone service, and other shopping. I did not use the train across the street. I would definitely stay here again as the hotel and area seemed very safe.
As a side note I met a very nice taxi cab driver who only drives passengers from the airport to their destination, hotels to airport, or arranged pick-ups, no flag down service. He is part of the authorized airport taxi service that is monitored and by a booth that hands out tickets to board the taxi instead of other taxis who may or may not use their meters and will rip you off. He gave me his number for any rides I needed and if I was was willing to wait he would pick me up and take me wherever I needed to go. He generally works 20 hour days and sleeps when their are no significant flight arrivals. I used him several times and was very pleased with his service and the meter was always used. My last day in Manila ended with a 7pm flight. I called him at 1230pm to see if he wanted to give me a tour of the city and then take me to the airport. He was pleased to do that and arranged to pick me up at 2pm after I had a meal and packed up. We drove everywhere in Manila for about 2.5 hrs with him showing me different sights etc. He even took my picture when we stopped at different places. When we got to the airport at 5pm the fare was only 735 pesos. I gave him 1000. If I were to come to the Philippines again, he wanted to invite me to his home for a meal. He is a very good honest guy. Other taxis will rip you off as i had 2 experiences while there. If anyone is interested in using him while in Manila, send me an email and I give you his contact number. I have recommended him already to one other person and he was very pleased with his service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
San Juan, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Based on previous bad reviews about this hotel, I had the worst expectations. However, my experience wasn't bad. It went quite well, actually.

Given, the hotel isn't of 5-Star quality, but for the price it is worth it. We managed to get the 1088+VAT rate booked online. The lobby was simple, in yellow and green theme. It emitted a sort of friendly and casual attitude. The Front desk was quick to check us in. They gave us a Pasig City view. We were quite fortunate 'coz i heard that there were inner rooms with no windows.

When we got to our floor the common area had no aircon but the floor was quite cool nevertheless. There were also helpful signs to point to the rooms because apparently there was more than 100 rooms per floor. The room came out to be very simple, neat and clean although it cannot accomodate more than 3 people and still have space. Looks more like a studio appartment. They provided towels and toiletries but ordering more would cost you a P100 each. Good thing I packed an extra towel in my bag just in case. There weren't any slippers or toothpaste, but the Front Desk informed me that there were some for sale in the Lobby Shop. Basically, everything you NEED is provided complete with the key card lock for convenience.

A restaurant (Tokyo Cafe) was being contructed beside it and a convenience store (according to the Front Desk). So I guess the place will improve in the coming months.
What I liked about it compared to other hotels in the same price range is its proximity to the mall (Robinsons Forum) and the Boni MRT station. Other hotels I've checked that have relatively the same price aren't so close to these places.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Puerto Princessa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

i stayed for two times now on this hotel, and i must say, to give value for money is really what's important to them. On my first stay, i guess its really normal for a hotel to have birth pains, it was kind of hard calling the front desk to the point that i had to go down, the second time around was different though last June 13 i stayed for the second time and well, they really adjusted to that problem. I was able to book the 600 plus rate and well, compared to other hotels, its way cheaper and everything is new and clean! Aircon was cold, bed was fantastic and well the TV(kinda small) but it had cable, so it really makes up for it.

Overall, i think that both my stays were very pleasant and i will definitely stay there again on my next business trip. Hope they put up a branch in CEBU, since im almost always there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Overall Value: Very Good (If you are very patient and book in advance on-line to get a very good rate-we got ours for PHP650/night, on a twin sharing basis, w/o breakfast)

Tip: Do not just walk-in and expect good rates! The concept of this hotel is for you to book in advance and via on-line. Just like what the other reviewer said, they paid much much more.

Cleanliness:
It can very much improve. Clear signs that it was just recently turned-over by the construction group. Poor attention to details in room and bath cleaning.

COMFORT and CONVENIENCE:
Room and Bath
Bed was good. Pillows are okay. Comforter is okay. Lighting was sufficient. Electric plugs for mobile and laptop charging is available. No WIFI signal. Signal for Globe and Sun Mobile was okay. Reception of TV Cable was good. Silent air-con motor and with accurate and sufficient cooling. In-room safe is available. Size of room is just right, approximately around 18sqm, including toilet and bath.

Parking
We checked in around 4:30pm, enough parking was available. Paid 100 pesos for overnight parking.

Elevator - 18 passenger, but a little bit slow.

Convenience store available. Coffee shop at the lobby/reception area, but offering is VERY limited, and a little pricey. Does not match the concept of the hotel. Laundry and transport service available.

One down side for comfort: no eating inside the room. That's why they did not provide any dining facility (tables and chairs). But this is available on the common/lounge area on our guest room floor.

Nearness to Restaurants/Bars/Grocery/Drug Stores
About 2-3 (slow paced) walk to Robinson's Forum (Mall). Everything you can possibly need is there. From various restaurants to grocery store to drug store etc...etc...

Bus and Train Terminal is about 4 to 5 minutes away.

SAFETY and SECURITY
We felt that it was sufficient. CCTV cameras all over the place. Security personnel are also available.

Fire alarms, smoke detectors, and fire sprinklers are available. Double locking mechanism for rooms. Eye/Door Viewer is not available.

SERVICE
Very average. Limited (It goes with their concept)

This hotel is great if you get your room at the range of PHP750 to PHP1,000. So remember to book way ahead and book on line!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza? Share your experiences!