“Clean and Convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza

Save Saved
You added Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza to your Saves list
Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza
UG/F, Robinsons Cybergate Plaza EDSA corner Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Mandaluyong
Mandaluyong City
“Clean and Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here last Decemeber 2010 for 1 day. I stayed here with my husband and my 2 kids and I invited some of my officemates. I decided to book for an overnight stay in Go Hotels because I thought that the price were less expensive compared to other budget hotels and it's very convenient because it's along Edsa and just beside Robinson's Pioneer. The catch is you have to reserve and pay for the room as early as possible so you can get the discounted rates. I didn't know at that time so I just booked and paid for the room on the same day. I got the room on their regular room rate. The lobby was very clean and the staff were very accomodating. We came in 30 mins earlier from the check in time so we waited at the lobby.I liked the hallways and rooms because it looks like we were in a high class hotel. The only thing that I didn't like is the " guests are not allowed to eat inside the room". They have tables,chairs and an LCD TV at the lobby where you can eat. The bathroom looks really good. I had my hair and makeup session with my friends and I'm glad that they have a big T&B.

Room Tip: The most important thing that you need to ask before you reserve a room is the window. The one that...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

"A Place for Every Juan" yeah very, true. Go Hotels is the most cheapest and neat hotel I have ever stayed in my life, though its not quite near to the city center, but if near to the MRT- Boni Station. If you are up for a budget this is the best hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 days. I made my booking online two months before our travel and saved a good amount of money. The room, bathroom and bedding are very clean. Unfortunately there is no window so it feels like you are in a box at first. But once you get used to it you will notice the cleanliness of the place. The room is also provided with an electronic safe to keep your valuables.

The location is great and the hotel is very easy to find even for first timers as it is just along the well known EDSA road just right after passing the equally known Pasig River at Guadalupe Bridge Makati going north. The hotel is very near to practically everything you need. You can also tour the whole of EDSA and easily go to the North or South side of Metro Manila via MRT train as the station is just one block away. Without traffic it is just about 20 to 30 minutes car ride to the airport. Going around should never be a problem since there are a lot of public transportation vehicles plying EDSA 24/7.

I have one piece of advise if you want to save money, if you intend to stay several days in Metro Manila and not very particular about extra amenities like a pool, a garden, spa or a good view and all you want is a clean and affordable place to sleep then do not hesitate to book your full stay in Metro Manila in this hotel. I hesitated and I booked 2 nights only except of 4 nights thinking that it might be a bad hotel because of the low rate of only around US$ 24 per night and I ended regretting my decision. Because the moment I saw the hotel (our room) and liked it I immediately requested the front desk for a 2 days extension. Unfortunately I was told that the special rate for our 2 days stay is only valid for online and advance booking and they quoted me almost 3 times of the rate I got online for the 2 days extension.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

For budget conscious like me, this is one of the best hotel to stay when in Manila. Rooms and hallways are clean. The beds, toilet and bath are very nice. There is also a safe-locker for personal belongings. The place is also very near MRT-Boni, Robinsons Cybergate, convenience stores. There is also a Tokyo Cafe on the ground floor. One of the drawback is that all rooms can only accommodate 2 persons and they don't allow extra person. Good if you're travelling in 2's but not so if there are 3 of you since you have to take 2 rooms to accommodate. Also, they don't have drinking glasses even when we asked the reception desk.
But overall, this is a good enough hotel for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Every time I pass by EDSA, Go Hotels always gets my attention. Their tag line: "A Place for Every Juan" made me think that this should be an affordable place to stay knowing that the location is near major establishments and transportation. It is situated along EDSA Boni, a 15-minute walk from MRT Boni Station. I actually stayed here last 2010 but haven't got the chance to make a review about it. So when the moment came that I needed a place to stay over the weekends because of "home" improvements, I booked a room for a two-night stay via their website gohotels.ph

Considering that I made a booking 6 days prior to the scheduled date, it seems that this is a reasonable price:

Stay Details:

Check-In Date: August 18
Check-Out Date: August 20
Number of nights: 2
Room type: 1 Queen

Price Breakdown:

Room Fee: P2,976.00
Total amount + VAT: P3333.12

I arrived at around 2pm and presented the email confirmation to the front desk officer who gladly assisted me with a smile. I just waited a couple of minutes and an access card was given to me with its corresponding room number. Tired from work, I immediately got on the elevator and went to check my room.

PROS

Affordable rates if you're going to book in advance
Near SM Megamall, Robinsons Pioneer and other establishments.
Access cards instead of keys for better security.
Bed sheets are clean. Bed is very comfy.
Four pillows instead of two.
A safe for your valuables, LCD with Cable for entertainment
Clean toilet
Got unlimited access to WIFI - take note that I'm inside my room and still get a decent connection. Maybe my room was located near the router LOL

CONS

You are not allowed to check-in earlier than 2pm.
If you're going to leave your luggage at the reception, they will charge you 50 to 100 pesos per baggage.
You are not allowed to eat inside your room.
No Cabinets for your clothes. Just hooks.
The room that I got has no window. Claustrophobic people, you have been warned.

I haven't tried the food being sold as for me, that was expensive. I ate at Mcdonalds and other fast food chains.

For this budget-friendly type of hotel, I'll give it 8/10.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I ahd the oppotunity of staying here in June 2012 for 6 nights, It is set up in a commercial bulding of Edsa, and near Boni MRT station which is only a short walk up from the hotel. 223 rooms
Mini-stop 24-hour Convenience store
Drug store
Computer shops
Handyman
Book Store
its set out like a ship, there are inside rooms, and outside rooms some have views of the river.
If you book far in advance it can be cheaper than leaving to the last minute. The only problem i found was the wifi, it was on and off at times, doesnt work to well in your room but there is areas near the lifts for this.
Over all i found this to be a great place to stay and will stay again..

Room Tip: With the rooms is luck of the draw if you get a inside or outside.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ormoc, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you're traveling with your family and especially if you have kids with you, this is not the right hotel for you.

Just spent four days & three nights at Go Hotel Cybergate Plaza and here are my observations:

Pros:
- Clean and spacious hallways
- Transport Access - accessible through EDSA. Their in-house transportation service is also fine.
- Safe & Secure - The door is as thick as a tank and there is a safety deposit box inside the room. There also is a 24 hr security in the lobby and a CCTV system is in place.

Cons:
- Super Shower - You can't distinguish the difference between hot and cold. Turning the knob to the right (supposedly the hottest setting) will give you a temperature of a tap water.
- Free WiFi - The worst WiFi experience I ever had in a hotel. For my three nights stay, my total time online was only 30 minutes at most. Most of my laptop time was spent trying to connect or reconnect without success. If you need to connect to the internet to retrieve emails or vital information or to communicate with you associates or loved ones then stay away from this hotel
- Service Plus - except for the the transport service personnel, their staff doesn't seem to care unlike other hotels in Manila I've been to where the staff are helpful and friendly. There also is a phone place inside the room that can only call information and the other rooms (what for?) hence worthless. They also provide room key cards that need to be reprogrammed regularly. During my 4 days 3 nights stay, I had to go back to the lobby at least four times because my key card cannot access my room anymore. Its really a hassle and not a good idea if you are in a hurry.
- There are no provisions where you can hang or organize the clothes that you'll be wearing for the next few days.Unless its OK with you to wear the same clothes for a week or attend meetings in formal attires wherein the fold markings (since your clothes stays inside your suitcase for the duration of your stay) are eminent then stay away from this hotel.
- No eating allowed inside the room - if you're bringing your kids with you then be prepared to pay P1000 fine. The purpose of staying in a hotel while travelling is for convenience and to relax. If you have to go out of your room every time you like to take a snack then what's the use of staying in a hotel? I think this policy is simply stupid and made to save expenses on hiring someone to clean the rooms.

It might be better if they change the name to Go Dormitory - its like a dormitory run by nuns.

I hope this will serve as warning to other travelers. I will NEVER go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Go Hotels Cybergate Plaza? Share your experiences!