“It can be better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Tacoma, Washington
“It can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We came in and was received by smiling staff. What surprised me was that the staff in charge gave me his personal email address to confirm the booking since their system was not working. I felt uncomfortable and asked him if that was safe and he said yes, but I still was not comfortable and didn't do it anyways for privacy and safety concerns. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good and the HRM students were helpful although, there were too many of them and made the dining area looked smaller. With improvements on adding AC, well lit areas likes the stairs and powder room at the main floor, a parking lot without compromising the accessibility of the ramp for the disabled (hidden by the plants and the parked cars), orderly staff (3 staff ladies were a little bit loud in the office) and better computer system, this will be wonderful place to stay to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Mark_Liza,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this comprehensive review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us because it lets us know how we can improve our services.

Regarding your experience with our staff, they are actually allowed to give their email addresses, just in case the system breaks down. This is to ensure that the booking process runs smoothly for you, our customers, during situations like that. Our staff has been trained to think of efficient solutions whenever a technical problem occurs, and we assure you that these solutions are safe. But we sincerely apologize to you if this has, in any way, made you feel uncomfortable. We are sincerely sorry.

We also apologize for the behavior that was shown by some of our office staff. We have already shared this concern to the respective departments so that we could work on making sure that this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your very helpful suggestions. We are already looking at plans to refurnish our hotel so we could continue to provide a really nice environment for everyone.

We are glad to know that overall, you have been happy with our services during your stay. We hope to see you again soon! It has been our pleasure to serve you.

Crown Regency Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Taking charge of more than 10 room bookings was not a burden with the great and amiable resident hotel manager Mr Elmer Montejo. I am looking forward to staying in this hotel, confident that our rare family reunion will be in good hands. My emails to Mr Montejo are promptly answered, and he has always provided doable solutions and/or alternatives to my requests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear lilet819,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It delights us to see that you are well pleased with our hotel services. We are also glad to know that Mr. Montejo has been efficient in assisting you and your family through the booking process. We will definitely let him know that he has been a great help to you. Rest assured that we will continue to give the best service to all of our guests here at Crown Regency Hotel - Makati.

Again, thank you very much for your positive feedback. Your comments mean so much to us. We hope to see you again soon!

Crown Regency Management

3) We need to pay extra of 2000Peso for early check in and also late check out
4) Rooms are ok if you are not fuzzy
5) Hotel allow us to use their computer for our flight check in

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Cindyliew12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this brief and informative review. We are glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel, and that our staff took the initiative in helping you procure a taxi. We hope that overall, your stay with us was more than satisfactory and that we met your rightly held expectations. We hope to welcome you in any of our Crown Regency hotels in the near future.

Best regards,
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was scheduled to stay at the Crown Regency this past May for 1 evening. I even arrived early for check-in. When I returned to check-in from shopping at Green Hills, the day supervisor told me I had to be transferred to another hotel. I was not happy because according to Expedia, my room was guaranteed. After a 4 hour delay to check-in, the evening supervisor corrected the problem upon his arrival. I appreciated the diligence of the evening supervisor. The next day, the manager of the facility was apologetic regarding the inconvenience. I like the Crown Regency because of its location as I have stayed at this place a number times over the past several years. Hopefully, my next stay at the Crown Regency will be smoother at the check-in process.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Greg A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay with us last May. First of all, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that your trips with us over the years have been satisfactory and that they have brought you to continuously stay with us. We would like to extend our sincerest of apologies for the inconvenience that may have been caused during your most recent stay with us. We are glad that the supervisors were able to sort out the matter, and were able to turn your stay around before your departure from our hotel.

At a balance, we are hoping that you had a wonderful stay and that your continuous loyalty to the Crown Regency Hotels live on. Thank you!

The Crown Regency Management
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

First thing I noticed in the hotel is that it looks old; the dark-colored furniture, antique decors, faint orange lighting, and the building's facade in badly need of a repaint job. It's a four-story building that looks small and lonely compared to the hotel siting across the street, Dusit Thani.

The room though was decent and clean. First thing I liked about it, it has a huge closet. There's a huge mirror in the bathroom and the table sink is also big. What I loved most about it is the bath tub.

The room was almost perfect except for four things:

- The bath tub doubles as the shower area.
- The toilet has no bidet and no dipper (tabo) in sight. So imagine how hard it is to wash your fanny after doing your business. True there is a bath tub, but can you really stand the thought of washing your tush in the same place, which you fill with water to soak yourself in? That's totally unhygienic (we did call them to ask for a dipper but to no avail so I ended up buying one).
- There is a blow dryer, but it stops working every so often.
- The hotel staff knew that there were two of us, yet they only provided toiletries for one person.

My friend also had a little discussion with some of the receptionists when she checked-in. See, she had an early flight from Cebu and so she reached the hotel at around 7:00. Early check-in though would cost her 2,000 pesos so she decided against it. They told her to come back at 11:00 a.m but when she did they said there was no available room yet. If that was true, then why did they tell her to pay 2,000 for early check-in before?

Crown Regency is not perfect, but I would still give it a three out of five. For what it's worth, we had a decent room and our stay wasn't entirely bad.

For this stay we paid over 8,000 pesos through Agoda.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Marge G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is through the feedback of our customers that we are able to improve the services of our hotel. First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you and your party. We have taken note of your feedback regarding the hotel's appearance and service, and has been distributed to the respective departments concerned.

Please accept our sincerest of apologies for the negligence of our housekeeping staff. We will be doubling our efforts to address the concerns that you have raised above. Again, thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback.

Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The good:
1. Good location: if you want to shop then shop till you drop- glorietta and greenbelt is walking distance from the hotel

2. Breakfast was not bad. Good blend of some filipino and western food.

Can do better:
1. I was not impressed with the welcoming from the staff. Filipinos are well known to be warm and polite and always smiling. That's not what i experienced. Maybe that person had a rough day! Just saying...

2. I was not happy with the way i was asked to pay for my entire stay when i checked it. It was as if i was not allowed to stay in the hotel until i had paid the entire stay.

3. The rooms are spacious-i got the corner room- but the bathroom was old and some renovation must be done orherwise the hotel will be getting more negative commenta in the future.

4. Breakfast area is a bit
Small, especially when it is full of clients.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear TinaH19,

Thank you very much for taking the time off to give us a feedback regarding our hotel. We appreciate the feedback of our guests as it is through these that we are able to work on our hotel to be able to serve you better.

For the concerns that you have raised above, I have no excuses to give, but please accept my sincerest of apologies for the inconvenience that these elements may have caused you. At Crown Regency, we aim to meet and exceed the standards that our guests have so rightly set when staying with us.

It is our regret that we were not able to make your stay more favorable. Rest assured we have shared your concerns with the respective departments conerned and are doubling the efforts to address them. Again, thank you for your invaluable comments.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here alone for 1 night last Jan 2014 for a layover. Booked this room for less than P3,000/night with breakfast at Agoda website.

The Standard Room has a comfy queen size bed (which I like the most!), 32inches LCD Tv, Work desk and the toilet size is acceptable and has a bath tub. They have a free Internet/Wifi connection. I was given a room that has a small window - infront of another building.

Breakfast - they have a very few selections only. Don't expect too much.

Staff were all helpful and attentive.

Location is just only 5 minutes walk to Shopping Malls: SM Makati, Glorietta and Landmark. And about 20-30 minutes drive to the Airport. There are a lot of taxis waiting outside the Hotel. No need to book for the Hotel's expensive airport transfer.

Overall, it is a basic Hotel with an awesome location. I am not bothered that the Hotel room is a bit dark. In fact, I like that type of room. I can get my sleep easily. I did not spend much time in the Hotel as I went out for the whole day to shop. I will definitely come back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear iTextSpeak,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always aim to meet or exceed the standards that have been set by our guests, and we are very happy to hear that the hotel was able to serve your needs.

Your comments have been most helpful, as we are a hotel that is continuously improving. We will keep note of the elements that need much improvement and will be doubling our efforts to bring our hotel to excellence.

the Hotel Management

Been to Crown Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!