“Nice Thai place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 914 Restaurants in Makati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice Thai place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was looking for nice place to eat after ruff work day, and by accidentally found this excellent restaurant. The place it self was beautiful and atmosphere friendly. I ordered green shrimp curry and I it was delicious.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty awesome food, beware of the service though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

People's Palace was recommended to me by a colleague. I have to admit that the food was great; however, the service was lacking at times.

I tried a number of different dishes, green curry, pineapple fried rice with chicken instead of seafood, chicken curry & panaeng curry. All were great, spiced to my liking and super filling. They definitely give you more than your money's worth! My only complaint is that each time we went (on week day nights), we seemed to have the same server who wasn't friendly, at times he was completely inattentive and was quite direct with his tone. I was surprised to experience this kind of behavior because all other restaurants I visited in the Philippines, the staff was overly accommodating, offering food and wine recommendations as well as making small chat about where we were from.

All in all, People's Palace is a good place to visit if you are in the Makati area!

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great Thai food.worth a visit. Perfect location and lovely atmosphere. If a green curry is good....and it's great here

Visited November 2012
Milan, Italy
“Good Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoied the diner, I tried several different dishes, all of them were good! The best dish that I tried are the noodles.
The place itself is very nice and in a beautiful square.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Food quality has deteriorated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This used to be my absolute favourite Thai restaurant in Manila. It has always been a bit expensive, but you couldn't fault the quality so it was worth it for a special treat. Unfortunately, on my last visit it was obvious the food quality has gone down. They used to use Thai ingredients that are not normally available in Manila, and I assumed these were specially imported from Thailand. This no longer appears to be the case, and as far as I could tell all the vegetables were local. For example, the Green Chicken Curry used to contain miniature aubergines, which you can easily find in Thailand but not in the Philippines. That chicken curry dish no longer includes them, and it makes all the difference.

The other problem I have is the horrendous price they charge for drinks. P1,700++ for a quite ordinary bottle of white wine is way too much.

The food is still good, but it's no longer the special restaurant it once used to be.

• Visited November 2012