“It just gets better and better...........” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Durban

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makati
Hotel Durban
Save Saved
You added Hotel Durban to your Saves list
4875 Durban Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines (Formerly Durban Street Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Makati
Manila, Philippines
“It just gets better and better...........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have witnessed how this business has grown over the last ten years, as the result of a dedication from the long serving staff members, it is a proven example of how hard work and consistency delivers a success story.
They can`t boast of offering 4 or 5 star facilities, but they are praised with the equal professional approach, and they all execute that code to perfection.
In every aspect it is unique, and from less than 2000 p it is a budget bargain, that no one in the neighborhood can compete with. (I have stayed in many other hotels here)
It was recently renovated, bringing a new modern look, making rooms fresher and mint, including a cosy little Italian restaurant and coffee shop at the front, introducing a vivid social atmosphere among the guest.
Being at the heart of Makati, it is a stone throw from the most popular places to go out, the side streets are bustling with life, so you have everything you need at your doorstep. The most modern mall(Greenbelt), is only 5 min drive away, including the famous Ayala Triangle, the historic park with some breathing space.
This place is also safe, as you have staff guarding the front, securing no unexpected visitors will enter. And they will also arrange for your transfers to the airport which you can reach in 30 minutes outside rush hours.
They have never let me down, when I`ve asked for anything and also always replied my e-mails. I strongly recommend to book a room in advance.
I have lived in Makati on several occassions, so I speak from experience,
and it gives pleasure and a piece of mind to return to a place that never fails.

Room Tip: if you dont like stairs choose lower floors, and request for a window if you find it important.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great little boutique hotel right in the heart of the Makati tourist strip. Spotlessly clean, but what stands out is the management. The manager took time to help me with directions for getting around town got me sorted out with reliable transport at the right price. Great to say in a place where you can communicate direct with the manager. I can honestly say the management could not do enough for me. I rate Hotel Durban as neat little place offering five start service without the five star price tag.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is relatively new so it looks beautiful and modern. Aesthetically pleasing. I came here very late at night and was dead tired then found out i had to walk all the way up to my room. They have no elevator? Or didn't I notice there's one? Good thing the bellboy was nice to bring my luggage. I stayed here with friends. It was that they kept on asking for identification cards when new friends came in. The only hotel I have experienced this. Location is excellent in the heart of Makati.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Hotel Durban for 3 weeks while on annual leave. The hotel was my base camp while I ventured out and around the city and planned my trips to the coast.
The staff are amazing. Helpful, polite and always smiling.
Hotel is clean, modern and best value for money in town. I actually transferred here from another hotel and was a great choice.
Food was also amazing.
Big thanks to David, Jewel, Jasmine, Alan and Chito.
Great staff.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow, what a great hotel! Great service and great home-made Italian food. We never waited more than 2 minutes for drinks to be delivered to our room. We stayed in the Junior Suite Room, which is spacious and clean and has free high-speed internet access. We thoroughly enjoyed the friendly and homely atmosphere. Indeed, we have already stayed at some of the more opulent 5-star hotels in the vicinity and the Hotel Durban offers superb value for money. The hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I've spent a lot of time viewing and staying at hotels under the PHP2,000 price range. I've also bee increasingly tired of the seedy, beggar ridden and filthy streets of Malate and Ermita. Well I can accurately state that this hotel ticks 95% of the boxes, especially relating to the title of this review.

The front desk staff are wonderful and they have a neat little paperless app that makes the check in experience simple and fast. I stayed in a deluxe room which had an off reason rate of 1,800. I did inspect the cheaper rooms and they are pretty much the same but smaller in size.

Super clean and a nice touch in the bathrooms of soap dispensers above the sink and shower, instead of the pathetic small bars of soap you usually find. On each floor is a water dispenser which is very convenient .

The only points that don't match my preferences were that there is not in room safety deposit box, however they will gladly hold your items in their safe. The other was that my room didn't have a window. On enquiring they do have rooms with windows.

I had the pleasure of meeting the manager and had a great conversation with him. He is very focused on providing the best service, amenities and facilities for the very best price. This is certainly reflected by the performance of the staff.

They have a cute café and al fresco front veranda with a menu that has an Italian influence. I didn't eat but did see food being taken to tables and the portions and presentation looked fine. I did however have a beer and it was ice cold. The prices are excellent and in many cases better value that what you find in the street 50m away which is a good point to finish this review and that is the location is spot on

Room Tip: Request a room with a window. It doesn't have a lift so if stairs aren't for you go low
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
hoteldurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
We'd like to thank Mark S, for his detailed feedback. We're especially happy he found our front desk and check-in process efficient and that the hotel met a high standard of cleanliness. As the reviewer pointed out, we gladly keep guests’ belongings and valuables locked in our front desk safe. We are also glad the reviewer approached management to share his feedback and comments in person; it was a pleasure speaking with him. We agree with his assertion that our management team and service staff are “very focused on providing the best service, amenities, and facilities for the very best price.” We work hard to offer up a sincere and international level of customer service to the guest experience at Hotel Durban. We look forward to welcoming back Mark S in the future. In the meantime, safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I always staying at Durban hotel when I go to Manila, it one of my trip enjoyment. Everything is clear and comfortable. the crew is very lovely and nice, my greatness to all of them. specially to Jasmine, jewel, Sheila, Ed, Jessie and my dear friend Dexter. Also, the hotel management. Hope to see you again guys. The hotel very perfect just they need elevator and somkers rooms.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Durban? Share your experiences!