“Same as before - Location, location, location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Plaza II

You added Prince Plaza II to your Saves list
Prince Plaza II
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   101 Dela Rosa Street | Legaspi Village, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Ranked #20 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Singapore, Singapore
“Same as before - Location, location, location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Back to a familiar place. This is the 3rd time I stayed at the newly renovated rooms and so far only 2 out of the 3 is deemed by me to be fully renovated. One of them is more like a patch up job. For this trip, the room is indeed truly fully renovated. Service has improved this year. Newspaper are now distributed almost daily (almost because for certain days the papers are missing). One grieve I have of this place is the pest control. Since it is a mix development, there are roach and ants running about. Another area that can be improved is the water pressure. Its just too low yet their maintenance staff keep insisting its normal. Oh well.

Front desk staff is as courteous as always with a ready smile. I will be back, hopefully my concerns are addressed by then.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms, not all are alike.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

stayed there from 5th to 18th may ,on the first night room had no hot water, and non fully functioning air con (wedged inside was a can ) room also was dirty till I asked next morning to be moved which after much arguing they did , breakfast is reheated and greasy ,generally poor attitude to customers even worse if you are a Philippine national from one of the provinces the housekeeping staff and cleaners were helpful and friendly however ,the one and only good thing about this place is the location .air con is noisy so bring ear plugs then you may be able to sleep ,
overall yes its reasonably priced for the location but next time I would pay more and stay somewhere better and yes I have stayed in 2 to 5 star places and this place is poor !

Room Tip: if they give you a crap room ask to be moved ,the " up " rooms seem decent compared to som...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TORONTO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I check in to the Prince Plaza 11 in Legaspi Village for three days.I paid U$300 dollars.I got a receipt and Passport.I go to my room,half an hourthe phone rang,i answer,the guy downtairs are you related to Armolia,the booked the room.I dont understand.We will call u back.Then i read my receipt.It madein someone else name.i am so upset i went to the clerk,What is this?I pay $95.00 US$ more plus Two thousand pesos.What i want a new receipt in my name.I paid the extra and a receipt made in my name.Corruption in the Philippines 100/0.Even though many tourist has a Pilipino friend.Hotel,Immigration,Airline Offices and Transportation Officials all Crooks.Discouraging tourism.But i enjoyed every places i visited.No toilet seats and i carry my own toilet paper.And 95/0 pilipino dont know geography.People in public service my be educated.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is its location which is superb. The room looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. It wasn't at all inviting with battered and mismatched furniture like things picked up at a flea market and the kitchen area was quite old and none too clean. It was very offputting to open the kitchen cupboard and find the utensils all plastic wrapped which I can only assume was to protect from vermin. The bathroom was truly awful with mould all through the tiles. Thank goodness it was only an overnight stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at Prince Condotel during our stay in Makati. We used the hotel as our "base camp" in-between our side trips to Taal, Boracay, Bagiuo, and Bohol. Each check in was smooth and the hotel was basic, renovated, and clean. It's priced great. The location is the best part! The condotel is the located right across the street from Greenbelt Mall. It has many shops and restaurants. There is a laundry service in the same building which we used it frequently.

Makati is a great area! It's modern and lively. I can't wait to return. Well definitely be back at Prince Plaza!

The only con about the hotel was it's breakfast service. It was always late and the breakfast was not good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Colborne, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

...I have been to worse hotels before and this one is actually better than I what I was expecting based on some reviews. The room is clean and no smell. The only complaint is that some of old parquet wood floors were pilling off. Flat TV, fridge, shower and tap worked with no problem. Howerver, at the end of the 2 night stay, one of the florescent lighting fixture was blinking on and off and kinda annoying. So we used the bedside lamp instead. Check in time is 2PM but we were able to get a room just before 1PM. Service staff were friendly. They let us leave our luggage in the office while we went for a walk in Greenbelt which is just around the bend and across the street. Security guard hailed a taxi for us and loaded our luggage into the taxi. The lady night person was kinda cute. Money changer right next door. Breakfast is located on the top floor with a good view of the city. Not the best but passable choice considering that I do not usually eat breakfast. I would say enough to get you through lunch time. There was a swimming pool and a fitness room on the top floor as well. But the fitness room is too small and ill equipped if this is what you are looking for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Location is superb. Right smack in the middle of Makati, a stone throw away from Ayala Museum, Glorietta, Greenbelt, Makati Stock Exchange and The Ayala Triangle.

Sadly, only the location is superb, everything else was average; from the breakfast, rooms up to the service. The shower has two settings, Antarctic Cold and Solar Hot; you have to do some McGuiver impersonation to properly balance the two out.

If you are travelling on weekends make sure you call ahead before checking in, they will take FOREVER confirming your reservation, be ready to answer questions they should have a record for; be ready for the 50 USD deposit per ROOM (around PHP 2,000.00), gave it to them in cash since I'm having serious doubts on their computer skills and would not hand them my credit card. Don't worry, its refundable after you check out.

Breakfast was average, they serve eggs but ONLY if you specifically ask them, the selection is good for a hobbit's first breakfast, be sure to roam around for 2nd breakfast. Rooms could use some routine maintenance, the refrigerator on our room is sporting a 3inch frost, not really sure if the room is even checked or maintained, but we found no creepy crawlers so we where able to sleep like the baby that we are.

Value is good for the location, but as the previous reviews says, you get your money's worth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Plaza II? Share your experiences!