“Good location and facilities but poor quality of sleeping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Y2 Residence Hotel

Save Saved
You added Y2 Residence Hotel to your Saves list
Y2 Residence Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4687 Santiago Street corner Valdez and Singian Streets, Makati, Luzon 2981, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Size that Matters
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Makati
Macau, China
“Good location and facilities but poor quality of sleeping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hotel situated in the great location of Makati which numerous restaurants and shops surrounded, and only 15mins taxi to some big malls. The swimming pool area is small but enough for you to enjoy. Most of the staff are very kind and nice but the rest of them were really worst and seems they not willing to serve you. The decor of our 2-bedrooms suites is very nice, no matter the sofa, the bed or the tables. However, the smell within the open-kitchen and washroom is always nauseous. Constrution outside the hotel is working 24hrs non-stop which influence my sleep eve the bed is really comfortable. But overall is value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Y2 Residence Hotel and for sharing your experience.
We apologize for the construction noise coming from across our building. Century City, once completed, will be a good addition to our hotel as the mall, supermarket, restaurants, movie house is just a couple of minutes away.
We hope you will be booking with us again on your next trip to the Philippines.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Binan City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I availed of a voucher for a Two-Bedroom deluxe, and I can say that I got more than my money's worth. The staff were very accommodating (even if we asked for a lot of things for the kitchen). The rooms are clean and comfortable. Though they could do better in making the rooms sound proof. The noise in the nearby bars could be very well heard inside. Also, the lifts are relatively slow and they don't have butter during breakfast :-( What I liked most about our stay is that when we asked for a late check-out at 1:00pm, saying that I was celebrating my birthday on that day, they willingly let us stay until 2:00pm and even sent staff to our room to give me a birthday card and a cake. Amazing service, that was. I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for availing of our special promotion and for staying at Y2 Residence Hotel.

We are happy you have enjoyed your stay and your comments are well appreciated by our Team.

May we invite you to check our Facebook page and website from time to time about future special offers we will launch.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The area is quite noisy, but the hotel itself makes up for it. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the staff are extremely helpful, and always make you feel welcome. The breakfast is sparse, but adequate. The spa is expensive by local standards, but they do provide good massages.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor and could still hear roosters!!! Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

We are glad you had an overall good stay at Y 2 Residence Hotel.
We are presently addressing the noise issue from the neighbourhood to improve our Guests experience.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the Philippines.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel with its black and white(Yin and Yang-thats why Y2 I realised) was a pleasant surprise to me. The rooms were spacious and they even has a kitchen which helped me to heat up or make my own curry (the ingredients for which you can buy in the SM supermarket which is literally next door in the A venue). And guess what you don't even have to worry about the dishes- the room service good and managed to get what ever you asked for . After a long days training program all I wanted was to just sit and relax in my room. Every room has this interesting painting on the wall which can totally divert you from the day long stress. The pink panda restaurant had scrumptious food (my favourites are the Congee overload and the sticky rice desert).
The highlight however is the excellent service from the business-center due to which our training program went on smoothly without any hassle.
The gym was satisfactory. The pool however looked small and there were more expectations from the spa.
Overall the stay was excellent and am looking forward to more training programmes there.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones that is facing the roads on the lower floors. Can get noisy if you are spending longe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you and appreciate sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
This will help other travelers make the right choice.
We are still a work in progress and your comments are helping us improve continuously.
We hope to welcome you back very soon in Y2 Residence Hotel.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Fantastic service ,courteous staff ,had four days of training program ..
Very close to shopping malls too..
All in all a very pleasant experience
Look forward to our next training program in Y2 ...
Perfect choice because its close to the airport too ..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Y2 Residence Hotel . We are pleased our employees were able to provide you with good service according to your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back on your next training program in the Philippines.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My boyfriend decided to stay here again with his cousin so we booked the two bedroom deluxe. I like the furniture in this hotel however the door to the balcony was broken so we woke up to the sound of horns blaring during our first morning.

I find the folks from reservations, front desk and housekeeping very nice. It's good to note that my previous feedback about the staff not greeting the local customers the same way they greet foreigners has been addressed.

During the internet downtime, one of the front desk staff, Twinkle, shared her internet connection with me so I can finish my work during the wee hours of the morning. This girl deserves a commendation and a raise for helping a customer. Personally, I think she's the most pleasant among your front desk staff.

Although the housekeeping staff are very nice, sometimes when I request something (make up the room etc..), it takes them quite sometime to go to the room.

Anyway, I have recommended this place to my friends and will continue to recommend it but just take note that since the hotel is located in a busy street, it can get noisy.

PS
Can you do something about the curtains? It would be great if you have thicker ones to block the daylight in the bedrooms. Thanks!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back and staying with us again.
We are please you have enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be taken up and will certainly help us improve our services and rooms.
Your recognition off our employees and specially Twinkle is very well appreciated and a big motivation to continue to excel.
Hoping to welcome you once more very soon. Sincerely,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Got a discounted overnight stay for 4 at Deal Grocer. Priced at 4,999, my friends and I got a 2-bedroom suite complete with a receiving area, a fully equipped kitchen, a master's and a common rest room too. The entire hotel has a minimalist contemporary feel and yin-yang themed.

The deluxe suite is perfect for small gathering as the living area is wide enough to accommodate up to probably 10 pax. We enjoyed the kitchen facilities the most, as we were able to prepare our own food and mix our own drinks. A convenience store as well as a big grocer's store is nearby. But if you'd rather laze around and leave the cooking to someone else, there are numerous restaurants within the vicinity that you could choose from.

The staff were very prompt with our requests. From pitchers to bowls to garbage bags, we called the front desk and in minutes, they were already knocking at the door.

The pool at the penthouse was a bit small, but what we loved about it was the warm water and the flat pool floor. There are a couple of lounge chairs and one could order from the hotel's restaurant. At night, the view from the pool area is spectacular. Easy down on the landline calls as these are not free. You'll eventually be charged upon check out.

Breakfast was fine. Staff were courteous and attentive. Pink Panda's ambiance was modern and interesting. The food wasn't bad at all. Had to to get my partner an order of falafel from the nearby Beni's falafel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Y2 Residence Hotel and for sharing your experience.
We would like to invite you to check our Facebook page and website from time to time so you can continue enjoying special offers for your next stay with us.
Hoping to welcome you back soon. Sincerely.

Been to Y2 Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!