“Superior service, great amenities, but rooms could use updating” 4 of 5 stars

Dusit Thani Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayala Center, Makati, Luzon 1223, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Okinawa, Japan
“Superior service, great amenities, but rooms could use updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is actually a gorgeous hotel. You walk into the lobby and it feels very 5-star, and ALWAYS smells like fresh flowers. :) The service is most definitely 5-star, as every staff member is eager and ready to help make every detail of your stay perfect. Proximity to the Makati district and shopping malls is a great draw (all are within walking distance.)

The spa is beautiful and serene. Food and drinks are excellent. Pool is very nice, though there is currently some construction underway on the grounds nearby that made for some excessive noise.

The rooms/bathrooms themselves are perfectly adequate and clean, but could use some updating. I realize I visited in the heat of summer, but it felt rather damp/humid inside. The mattresses were a bit on the firm side for me (pillows were flat.) I slept fine, but I've experienced better...

I highly recommend the Dusit Thani if you visit Manila!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Nikki J

Thank you for the recent review and comments you raised which we have shared with our management team.

We will certainly work on these improvements particularly in the guestrooms. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our Spa services and I am delighted to tell you that our Devarana Spa was recently voted as a Top Ten Hotel Spa facility in the world..

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Alex Willats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We booked one executive suite and one deluxe room at the Dusit Thani Hotel Manila for our wedding preparations and honeymoon. They graciously allowed us free access to the lobby and garden areas for our pre and post-nup pictorials. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeremy John M

Thank you for the wonderful review and on behalf of the staffs and management many congratulations on your recent wedding.

The grounds of the hotel lend themselves to marvelous photo opportunities and I am pleased you took the opportunity to do so.

We hope that you will return to Dusit Thani in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary next year.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Dusit Thani in Makati, Philippines. The entire staff was extremely professional and very helpful but one young lady stood head and shoulders above the rest; Mary Jane Ong. Mary Jane was immensely helpful from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Her cheerful and professional manner helped me overcome some initial stumbling blocks I had with my charge card. I hope she receives the recognition she truly deserves! Thank You MJ!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear John G

Thank you for your super review and I am delighted that you had such a great stay experience all brought about by our wonderful reception staffs, MJ. We will certainly ensure she receives the due recognition as she epitomizes all that we seek in our staff here at Dusit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia, Expedia some how canceled my non refundable reservation but we had plenty of time to clear it up. Expedia and the hotel both gave me written confirmation that there was an error and it was all good, just show up. Well.... On arrival the reception told me my room was canceled, I showed the written documentation from 2 members of their staff and their was a bit of back and forward about who's fault it was and who was paying. The reception staff then gave us a couple of free drinks while we waited and it got sorted. I was then given the phone and spoke to the reservation lady who was really no help. I was getting very frustrated at this stage and this was very clear, the reception lady was very apologetic and gave us a free upgrade and sent us to our room while the reservation lady looked into the situation. During this time I spent an hour on the phone with Expedia (ready to strangle someone) and it became pretty clear I was going to be shafted and have to pay for the hotel again. I went downstairs to see how the reservation lady was getting on, she hadn't done a thing. I was then approached by a receptionist named Kevin and another manager they said to give them some time and they would look into it. I returned in about an hour and Kevin had been trying Expedia and reached similar road blocks, he then asked me to chat with them with him. He then got through to them and told me to head to the room and he would see how it goes. After 30mins he rung me and informed me that he had found a way around it and everything was all sorted.
This was clearly a mistake on Expedia's part but was made more difficult by the confirmation from both Expedia and the hotel that it was all ok. Kevin went out of his way to fix this and all the reception staff were very understanding of the situation and apologetic. Even though this was a frustrating extravaganza the way the reception handled it left us feeling very positive.
The hotel itself was excellent, the lobby is beautiful, the gym was of very good quality, breakfast was great and the room was very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kwatene

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with your reservation upon arrival at the hotel. I am pleased that it was resolved and that Kevin took ownership to resolve this personally and I will certainly make sure he is recognized for his efforts in doing so.

We look forward to seeing you back in Manila and at Dusit Thani before too long.

Hyderbad India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

well maintained, closer to shopping areas. lounge facility is excellent, specifically if you are on a business trip.

appreciate the staff for their service - they just keep smiling all the time !!

have not tried their lunch or dinner , hence can not comment. breakfast is superb.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ramki K

Thank you for great review following your recent stay.

We hope the next time you are with us you will find the time to try at least one of our specialty dining outlets with our authentic Chefs in residence we are sure you will not be disappointed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We again stayed at the Dusit Thani on our recent trip to Manila. Its a great hotel. The staff are friendly and very professional. The buffet breakfast is great. The hotel has a beautiful lobby and its nice to sit near the bar and listen to live music each night. The pool and gym are good. The rooms are comfortable and clean.The hotel is situated near some big shopping malls and there are lots of restaurants near by. It only takes about 30-45 minutes from the airport by taxi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tim L

Thank you for great review and we appreciate the time you have taken to share this.

We look forward to your return later this year and thank you again for choosing Dusit Thani Manila.

Guam, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We frequently stay in Dusit and have celebrated two special occassions in the hotel. We've always liked the service in the hotel but in our recent stay we were disappointed with how front desk staff treated us. Although prices are lower compared to newer hotels in the area, we are thinking of booking in the newer hotels becuase the service we received there was better. Dusit's location though is very good, especially for couple traveling with kids and wanting to do some shopping and eating out without the commute.

Room Tip: They charge for pillows and extra beds. Corner suite is very specious.