I booked this hotel through Expedia, Expedia some how canceled my non refundable reservation but we had plenty of time to clear it up. Expedia and the hotel both gave me written confirmation that there was an error and it was all good, just show up. Well.... On arrival the reception told me my room was canceled, I showed the written documentation from 2 members of their staff and their was a bit of back and forward about who's fault it was and who was paying. The reception staff then gave us a couple of free drinks while we waited and it got sorted. I was then given the phone and spoke to the reservation lady who was really no help. I was getting very frustrated at this stage and this was very clear, the reception lady was very apologetic and gave us a free upgrade and sent us to our room while the reservation lady looked into the situation. During this time I spent an hour on the phone with Expedia (ready to strangle someone) and it became pretty clear I was going to be shafted and have to pay for the hotel again. I went downstairs to see how the reservation lady was getting on, she hadn't done a thing. I was then approached by a receptionist named Kevin and another manager they said to give them some time and they would look into it. I returned in about an hour and Kevin had been trying Expedia and reached similar road blocks, he then asked me to chat with them with him. He then got through to them and told me to head to the room and he would see how it goes. After 30mins he rung me and informed me that he had found a way around it and everything was all sorted.
This was clearly a mistake on Expedia's part but was made more difficult by the confirmation from both Expedia and the hotel that it was all ok. Kevin went out of his way to fix this and all the reception staff were very understanding of the situation and apologetic. Even though this was a frustrating extravaganza the way the reception handled it left us feeling very positive.
The hotel itself was excellent, the lobby is beautiful, the gym was of very good quality, breakfast was great and the room was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Manila is situated in the heart of the Philippines’ premiere financial district located 25 minutes from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, 15 minutes away from the country’s major convention centers, right-at-the-doorstep shopping malls and entertainment centers. With 538 guest rooms and suites, 11 meeting and banqueting rooms for up to 1,000 persons, seven bars and restaurants – Basix, Benjarong, Dusit Gourmet, Pool Bar, Lobby Lounge, Tosca and Umu; DFiT Fitness Center and Devarana Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Splendia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Dusit Thani Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Manila Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Hotel Manila
- Dusit Makati
- Manila Dusit Thani Hotel
- Dusit Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Manila Makati, Metro Manila