“Nice suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Makati
Sagay City, Philippines
“Nice suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked an executive suite for a price way more affordable than a deluxe room in the nearby Shangri-La. It was a great room with complete amenities.

When I booked on the website, there was an option "Executive Suite Twin" so I took that option thinking it had twin beds. But when we checked in, I was informed all suites only have king beds. I think they should update their website to take that option off so as not to confuse others.

We arrived around 1:30pm and the room wasn't ready yet. We were given welcome drinks and there were options. I got to choose to have a glass of beer which made me happy. :)

I guess they don't have housekeeping staff all day long. We left our room at 2:30am to join a half marathon so we left the make up room light on. We got back around 7:30am but the room was not made up. It doesn't really bother me since we were only there for a night.

The wait staff at the Basix Restaurant were the friendliest.

Lastly, I was surprised at the quietness of the room considering the hotel is just right along EDSA.

Considering the price and the service, I will be back here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Ferdinand L,

We appreciate that you took the time to share with us your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

Indeed, majority of our Executive Suites are configured with King size beds, we also have commence the extensive room renovations recently, consequently, we have limited Executive Suite Twin.

in reference to your other concerns, the hotel standard check-in time is 2:00PM, however, we can arrange for an early check-in if there's an advice prior and subject to availability. We urge you to stay with us again to experience the new facilities soon.

Your sincerely,

Alex Willats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This 5 star hotel was amazing, it has everything a 5 star place should have and more. The staff members were always friendly and polite, our rooms were always clean and spotless and the service was incredible. Particularly by this lovely woman by the name of Sharon Gan who was very quick to accommodate us to all our needs. She ensured we were always comfortable and it felt like being at home. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Soda D,

It is a delight to know that you had an enjoyable experience and that the service provided to you was up to your expectation.

Rest assured we are going to share your glowing commendation with our Ms. Sharon Gan. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My first time I stayed here was in 2009 and was amazed with the service and treatment from all the friendly staff. Came back for a holiday again and of course I stayed here (July 2014), the buffet breakfast was amazing, all the staff were very friendly and always greeted everyone with the warmest smiles. I love coming back here the place is very spacious and the service from all staff specially from Sharon Gan was so accomodating. Location is amazing all the shopping centres are within walking distance. Can't wait for my next holiday and see the new renovations :)

Room Tip: Executive Suites all the way
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Odie G,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you thoughts about your recent stay with us.

Your kind words regarding the hotel are highly appreciated. Guest’s satisfaction of our guests is our main priority and we are glad that you appreciate this gesture. Rest assured we will share your positive comments with our Ms. Sharon Gan.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed there for a business trip for couple nights. Location was good, nearby shopping malls. Services, facilities is good and food is fine. One thing is the hotel rooms are a bit old, I'd say about 80% maintain. Would be great if they can improve on this, anyway saw the other wing on my floor is under maintenance.
Pros:
- Good facilities, gym
- Breakfast is good
- Great services
Cons:
- Room a bit old

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Sakon_M,

Thank you too for highlighting some of the notable aspects of our hotel that made your stay special; such as the services, location and fine food. We are happy to share with you that we are currently in the process of uplifting our facilities including the guestrooms following the successful launching of our Dusit Club Lounge, the newly renovated swimming pool and Mayuree Grand Ballroom.

we urge you to stay with us again to experience the new facilities soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great service from front desk to each staff greeting you in the lobby. Our company has done an excellent job in picking out thani as our hotel in our manila destination. Ive travelled around the world and this is of the best hotels ive been with. Ms mai leones at the front desk hands down was so accomodating and went out of her way to help me in my erranda. Well done!!! Bravo dusit

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Melisandy W,

We have shared your positive comments to our team especially to our Mai Leones.

It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the near future.

Windsor, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room was neat and clean, a nice room. However, the tub and shower left a lot to be desired. I had a shower at night and waited 8 minutes for hot water. Then I had to hold the shower head over me in order to use. Very poor design. Also, good that I am almost 6 feet tall as the tub was so high that even I felt unsafe getting in and out of the tub. Of all the hotels that I have stayed at in the Philippines (about 10 different ones), Dusit Thani was the worst experience for taking a shower. Why not have a separate shower head like every other hotel, and a separate hand held unit?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mr. Jerry M,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you found our tub and shower area below par. Rest assured these will be looked into during the hotel's extensive renovation. We are happy to share with you that we are currently uplifting our facilities including our guestrooms.

We urge you to return to us to experience the new rooms later this year.

Las Piñas, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed for 2 nighra in this hotel and so far, i have no negative comments.
Great food for breakfast, friendly and accomodating staff, free wifi at the room. There was a gym and a small lap pool, I think 20meters long. I was awaken by their 1:45am wake up call, whih was followed by a ff up wake up call 5mins after. I checked out easily and was able to arrange a ride to the airport with the hotel staff. The location is excellent. Near Glorieta. It has 2 convenience stores just across the street- ministop and family mart.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nino JD,

Thank you for the excellent review following your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Manila soon.

Alex Willats

Been to Dusit Thani Manila? Share your experiences!