“Home Away from Home in Makati City” 4 of 5 stars

Dusit Thani Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayala Center, Makati, Luzon 1223, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Tokyo, Japan
“Home Away from Home in Makati City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've stayed at the Duset Thani on two separate occasions and have found the hotel and staff to be excellent. The gym and pool are above par for comparable hotels in Asia. The restaurant and room service selection are excellent in the hotel and several mainstream restaurants are located a short distance from the hotel. The hotel is located on the edge of Makati City. There is currently construction ongoing across from the hotel, but during both stays we had no disruptions. If possible, gain access to the executive lounge on the top floor. There is a lovely outdoor deck and free drinks during happy hour. The hotel has a five-star breakfast and dinner is a terrific deal if you use your citicard for groups of three or more. The Thai and Japanese restaurants in the hotel are superb, if a little pricey. The spa is perfect.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with access to the executive lounge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Mark N

Thank you for the great review following your stay with us and also the tip to choose the Club lounge on the panoramic top floor.

It is always such a pleasure to know we have met your expectations and I do hope that should you be visiting Manila in the near future we can welcome you to your "home" in Manila.

Alex Willats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having stayed in a number of hotels in MNL, Dusit is definitely one of the best.

Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Air conditioning and wifi both work great.

The room comes with a built-in wired internet slot, safe as well as ironing board & steam iron (very handy).

Great food all around, many restaurants and are open 24x7. Location is also very central.

The breakfast spread is huge (and I do mean huge) with variety of options. You may have to wait in the early morning hours (8-9-30 am) to be seated.

The only complaint I have is that even though the Hotel offers an airport pick-up/drop, is atrociously priced at 1800 PHP. A normal cab ride is no more than 300 PHP. Something to look into.

Great property all in all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear finding Neverland

Thank you for your superb review of the hotel and staffs. It is always such a pleasure the read that we have delivered just what our guests and visitors need.

We will certainly look into our transfer rates for our limousine service and ensure we are competitive with other five star hotels in the Makati area.

We look forward to you returning in the near future.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great staff, good location and good food (best Thai I ever had). 5 Star lobby and reception except for the rooms. Small, need major renovations, poor shower and hard bed. This is based on the fact that I paid a good amount for what I thought was top notch in it's class. My son was 13months old and crawling and after a few minutes his hands would go black - yuk that's how nasty the carpet was. I think if they renovated this place would be worth the bucks.

Most people will probably give it an average score because they have no idea how filthy the carpet it. It generally isn't the best hotel for families as it's more for business. Most hotels in this area are pricy but if you pay more you could be 100% better off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear AnilaG

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I am sorry to read that the carpet cleanliness in your room was not acceptable and I have shared this with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure we have a more thorough programme in place to address this.

We are due to undergo a full bedroom and guest corridor renovation starting early this year which will address concerns such as this and despite us being a city centre hotel we are working on improving our facilities for children and families whom choose to visit and stay with us.

I do hope that despite this experience you might choose to visit us in the future.

Neillsville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a very nice hotel though a bit dated. The location is excellent as well as the breakfast though not cheap. Service was excellent as well. It was the best hotel we stayed in during our 3 week stay in the country.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the top floors and facing the center of the business district.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Carcaduceus

Thank you for the lovely review and room tip following your recent stay with us.

In reply to your comment regarding the age of the hotel I am delighted to tell you that we are presently due to undergo a major uplift and improvement project of the Dusit Thani Manila which includes a bedroom renovation, new ballroom and function space as well as a brand new spectacular all day dining restaurant. All should be ready towards the end of this year and we hope you will return to try these.

Badung, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is the first time i visited manila and lucky me my agent has chosen correct accommodation. Since first time arrive the lobby was awesome and the staff was very helpful. I have a problem with the wifi connection then slightly the IT staff assist me in my room.

Overall this hotel just perfect. thanks..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Angga A

Thank you for the wonderful review and I was pleased to read that our IT staff solved your minor issue swiftly.

We look forward to your returning to Dusit Thani the next time you visit Manila.

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I really liked this hotel, the lobby was first class. It did take awhile to check in and out of this place, I,m talking like 30 minutes each time. There were many places to go and see from the location for me. The room was great, very clean, strong ac,comfortable bed and top notch service from the hotel. It was a bit pricey but, i received what i paid for and was not disappointed. The best part about staying in this hotel was not the room..lol it was the buffet they serve in the morning,it was the best breakfast i have had from a hotel in the philippines. I only stayed 2days but the experience will last for a life time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Dvonte

Thank you for your review which is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to your return in due course and thank you once again for your patronage and recommendation of Dusit Thani Manila.

Greenwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I prepaid my room for first night. Upon ck in, the hotel could not confirm my reservation and charged me a second time. The hotel reservation staff was rude there dress was shabby. After arguing for
45 minutes I finally got to my room. it was DIRTY, LOUD, TERRIBLE CONDITION and very
STINKY. I did check out the next day. For a big name hotel it gave a very low quality product.
a lot of money. I will never go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Boom1818

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry that you encountered some problems with your accommodation and please allow me to apologise for this.

I have asked that your room be taken out for review and rectification to prevent any potential further issues with guests experiencing a similar issue.

We are now about to undertake a substantial uplift programme at the hotel which will incorporate our accommodation room types which will address many of your concerns.

I do hope that you will consider returning later in the year once we have completed our first phase.

Alex Willats

Been to Dusit Thani Manila? Share your experiences!