I had high expectations of this hotel being a Dusit Thani and having stayed in 5* Thai hotels in Bangkok before. Unfortunately the hotel didn't live up to them and I hope it's not representative of the brand.
The lobby is nice but the rooms are well overdue for renovation. The bed is huge but in common with many Asian hotels, quite firm by western standards. The dressing gowns were well past their prime and more like well used gym towels. I had to use my universal sink plug as the basin would not hold water with the built in one. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit the bath properly but managed to slow down the rate of water loss enough for me to have a wash, provided I kept the taps running all the time. The wife had a shower before me and managed to cut her toe on something. These sort of things shouldn't be occurring in a 3* hotel, let alone a 5* one.
Wifi was okay, only needed to log on once and could use multiple devices at the same time, unlike some hotels. Speed was quite acceptable for the Philippines.
Breakfast was nice with a decent variety of western and Asian dishes, it would take quite a while before you got bored with all the combinations you could come up with. Lack of spoons has been mentioned in a previous review, none were on my table and when I asked a waiter for one he simply took it from an unoccupied table.
Prices for add ons are definitely at 5* level, one way airport transfer P1990, metered airport taxi less than P400. 1.5 liter bottle of Evian water in the room P500, I bought 5 liters of water in the supermarket across the road for P60. Two small bottles of water are provided free.
Location is good with the huge SM mall across the road with plenty of taxis, shops and places to eat.
I would stay here again, especially if it was renovated but at the moment I'd be more inclined to try out a few other hotels around this price point then to come straight back on my next visit.
Basically if you want top standards or you can't get a good discount on the rack rate, look else where. Provided you can get a good deal, preferably with Internet and breakfast included, and you are willing to overlook a few points, go for it.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Manila Hotel
- Dusit Thani Manila Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Hotel Manila
- Dusit Makati
- Manila Dusit Thani Hotel
- Dusit Hotel Makati
- Manila Dusit
- Dusit Thani Manila Makati, Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Manila is situated in the heart of the Philippines’ premiere financial district located 25 minutes from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, 15 minutes away from the country’s major convention centers, right-at-the-doorstep shopping malls and entertainment centers. With 538 guest rooms and suites, 11 meeting and banqueting rooms for up to 1,000 persons, seven bars and restaurants – Basix, Benjarong, Dusit Gourmet, Pool Bar, Lobby Lounge, Tosca and Umu; DFiT Fitness Center and Devarana Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Tingo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Dusit Thani Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.