This is our second Hotel this summer. Hubby got a courtesy overnight stay with breakfast for two being a patron of their wine and dine promo. We brought the kids and asked for 2 queen sized beds.
The hotel lobby was impressive with pretty orchids and bandas on display. We were entertained by a very kind young lady at the reception area and were in our room in no time. Room smelled and looked very tidy and well kept. Bathroom and the design of the room however seem outdated. There was a mini bar that had tiny bottles of liquors that were so cute I wanted to bring them home....until I saw how much they cost. Are those stuff really that expensive?
Dusit is in very close proximity to shopping malls and the cinemas so we went to get some school stuff for the kids and ate dinner as well. We intended to watch a movie but it was getting late and the kids wanted an early start at the pool the next day so we opted to watch some tv before calling it a night.
Woke up to the beaming morning light thru a peep i left at the window....we rushed to Basix for our buffet breakfast. Bread spread smelled and looked great. And indeed the pastries were wonderful. Hubby ate rice and the kids had pancakes. The staff were welcoming and very attentive to our needs.
We went straight to the pool and loved the set-up. It felt a bit unusual though. Maybe because of the sorrounding buildings and the sound of busy streets. Pool was not deep and just right for the kids. Water temp was just right. I recall this awful smell coming from somewhere...like a whiff off a rotting dumpster....well you can't have it all can you?
The stay was relaxing. The lobby was my favorite place...Extra poses near the central flower set-up and we were out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Manila is situated in the heart of the Philippines’ premiere financial district located 25 minutes from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, 15 minutes away from the country’s major convention centers, right-at-the-doorstep shopping malls and entertainment centers. With 538 guest rooms and suites, 11 meeting and banqueting rooms for up to 1,000 persons, seven bars and restaurants – Basix, Benjarong, Dusit Gourmet, Pool Bar, Lobby Lounge, Tosca and Umu; DFiT Fitness Center and Devarana Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Dusit Thani Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Manila Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Hotel Manila
- Dusit Makati
- Manila Dusit Thani Hotel
- Dusit Hotel Makati
- Dusit Thani Manila Makati, Metro Manila