I was here for about 6 weeks, on a company rate, escaping the grittiness of Malate for the innocuous safety of Makati. It was not a good start in that the room quoted was not what I had expected, and I was eventually given what I had expected at a higher price. Having to sign a contract also meant that I had to pay the full amount even if my work was completed earlier. The front desk was courteous but were clearly working to a limited set of direction.
I did have a nicely renovated studio. It was open and light, unlike the studio I was initially assigned which was no different from a regular hotel room. The best part was that I overlooked the swimming pool, so the sound of the water jets was soothing, like being in a spa. Room size was good, with efficient and functional layout. The kitchenette was limited, however, and you wouldn't try to do any serious food preparation. Breakfast is available and quite a decent and somewhat varied spread.
The street is bland and boring, with a convenience store across the way. You wouldn't bother with it, as around the corner, a block away, is Rustans supermarket. And 2 blocks the other way, on Sunday mornings, is the legaspi community market. Beyond the supermarket is shopping centre galore, Greenberg 1-5, connected to glorietta 1-5, plus 3 major department stores. Restaurants galore.
The service staff is helpful when asked. The sniffer dog is very cute. The swimming pool is good for laps, and in a very peaceful setting. The gym is quite well equipped. The is a small spa, run as a separate business, but you wouldn't go out of your way for it. In all, a reasonable sanctuary for the craziness of Manila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering 30 stories over the vibrant business and commercial district of Makati City is the relaxing haven of Somerset Millennium Makati. Conveniently located in the heart of Legaspi Village, it offers a panoramic view of the bustling metropolis and the tranquil bay area. Its welcome proximity to the luxurious Greenbelt Malls where a variety of restaurants and entertainment venues are available presents a wealth of lifestyle options for the discerning traveler.Featuring a selection of spacious and comfortable serviced residences, comprehensive living facilities and modern amenities, Somerset Millennium is the ideal venue for a comfortable cosmopolitan lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Somerset Millennium Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Millennium Hotel Makati
- Somerset Millenium Makati
- Somerset Millenium Hotel Makati
- Somerset Millennium Makati Metro Manila