“Comfortable mattress” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines

Save Saved
You added Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines to your Saves list
Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7835 Makati Avenue, Corner Eduque Street, Makati, Luzon 1209, Philippines (Formerly Berjaya Manila Hotel)   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 64 hotels in Makati
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Comfortable mattress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in deluxe room, the room look old but clean. Location is good, farmacy & convenient store just beside the hotel. Near Greenbelt shopping center where you can get everything there, may pay about 100 pesso by taxi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our room cleanness and good location of our hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

558 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel had no security at all felt insecure. it advertises free wifi internet but I could not get it to work on my three apple devices. I rang reception who sent up their so called I.T expert who couldn't get it to work either, and eventually fobbed me off by saying try later it will be better, well it wasn't no internet and I like my internet and will always comment.

The restaurant food was great and I recommend it, they had live music and the atmosphere down there was nice. This is probably something I shouldn't complain about but I was a little peeved that I paid for 2 nights by mistake on line and I didn't want my money back , just wanted to transfer the night and use it in two nights time , they said no you forfeit the night

I probably won't stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about the great food in our restaurant and nice daily live music in the hotel.

Please to inform you that all of our hotel entrances are secure 24 hours daily with Security Officer and whole hotel are equipment with CCTV

As the WIFI are given free to all rooms, we are limit 2 access points per room

Sorry to explain that your booking are under online booking with a very special discounted rate which require advance booking and prepayment confirmation, it very clear stated NON-REFUNDABLE or NON-AMENDABLE and during the process you need to verify all you need and information before confirmation

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for nearly a week at the Berjaya in October, and although the hotel seems quite old, it is still well maintained and very good value for money. The room we stayed in was one of the Deluxe rooms and it was spacious for a city hotel and easy to get cabs from as it is on the main road. We were off doing things around town in the day so basically just slept in the hotel. . .so it was ok; its not really a hotel though that has lots of things to offer if one chose to hang around in the day, I don't think. The only 2 things I disliked (which to be fair has nothing to do with the hotel itself) is that we could hear the construction going on across the road from our room and that the hotel is located very nearby the "red light district" of Makati, thus you may (as we did) come across some unsavoury characters on your way out or into the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Appreciate that you posted a review here at Trip Advisor complimenting the location, room well maintained and very good value for money of our Hotel

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best to your business and personal endeavors.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ive been staying in Berjaya frequently due to our monthly meetings in our office. I left meat products in their restaurant kitchen since i need it frozen. Left 5 packsof angus beef tapa when i was going to claim it after a few days they only gave me four packs!!!!! They said I only gave them 4, i was so sure it was five because I was going to give it to five people. Was so frustrated with this! And they all denied that it was only 4 when my roomate can attest that we left five packs ....dont trust them at all! And be sure to have them signed with acknowledgement receipt. So that was the reason he didn't issue acknowledgement because he was planning to get 1 pack.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at Berjaya for two nights towards the end of my trip, and I must say that I was very pleased. The hotel staff is very great and courteous, never had a single issue that wasn't handled well - and even got a confirmation call at one point asking if everything is good with my room, and if I was pleased with their service.

I booked the Executive Deluxe room, and got it on 23rd floor - so I was a bit bummed to get practically no view due to the building next door blocking most of it. Not a deal breaker at all, as there was still plenty of sunlight during the daytime, but still. Otherwise the room (non-smoking) was top-notch clean and spacious and had no issues with hot water. No leeches or cockroaches that some travelers here on TA have been complaining about.
Might be a bit nitpicking, but the flatscreen TV in the room could be a bit bigger not to leave so much empty space on the wall, and the minibar could have something in it - but once again, nothing that really makes much of a difference.

Definitely will consider staying at Berjaya during my next trip due to the great location and awesome service provided.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for delivering the good news. Comments like this continue to inspire us to do better in servicing our guests

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

First and foremost the staff at the Berjaya were GREAT! The front desk staff friendly and helpful and the bar staff, restaurant staff and drivers are all warm, efficient and friendly. As this is a Malaysian hotel chain in the Philippines the door staff would adopt a Malay sign of respect of placing their hand over their heart as a gesture that they have embraced you in their heart. It was very touching.

The buffet breakfast had a great variety and was delicious. The rooms were very big and clean and very good value!

The only thing is that the location itself is not the greatest, but that being said there are a few great food stall and bars in walking distance. Just be wary not to take a hotel taxi but instead catch a taxi off the street with a meter or you will be paying a much higher price than you should.

Room Tip: We stayed in the EXECUTIVE SUITE and it was well worth the extra we paid for it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staffs are efficient and friendly, buffet breakfast had great variety and the rooms were big and clean that made your stay memorable.

Petaling Jaya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I will only come back to this hotel only if there is no option.

You will find cockroach in the room. Reported on the 2nd day morning but still found out that the cockroach was still in the room on the 4th day.

The lift was really a big issue. My customers were stuck for 15 min on one occasion and few times, we got stuck for few minutes and the lift was not moving. I have experienced few times on different dates. It is not safe at all!

On 8 Sep (Sun), the TV was not working and there was no reception and broadcast from around 1pm onwards till the next day (when I tested in the morning at around 9am on 9 Sep (Mon), it was still not working. I was informed that it was the service provider issue, cable faulty with all sort of reasons by the front desk but I am not convinced at all with the answer as I noticed TVs around the areas and the restaurants nearby were working.

Another big issue on the electricity. Many times, the power just went off in the whole building. When we were at the hotel for the event on 5 Sep, it happened 3-4 times during office hours.

On 11 Sep, starting at 8:45pm, at least 3-4 times again (at 11+pm) the power went off few seconds to a 30 seconds. I am really frustrated because it affected my work. I called the front desk and asked what happened and I was informed by the front desk that the whole Makati area was affected. I am not convinced at all because when the electricity went off, I saw there were power outside the building through the windows. I guess the staff just give some simple answer to get out of it. Furthermore, I was informed by one of the hotel staff after a few days later that the power failure was due to the hotel was testing the faulty lifts and somehow, the power got trip. So, I am not sure which version is correct.

Internet access is slow although I booked a room with the LAN connection. It was fine on the first few nights but then after, the performance really degrade. Basically, you cannot never finished a Youtube video when I tested and I could not teleconference for my business needs.

On 13 Sept which was my last night at the hotel (the 12th nights), I am very disappointed with the staff that lack of follow-up and not getting the Internet fixed. Both the LAN and wireless access were not accessible from 9pm onwards. The front desk sent a staff to my room and I explained to him that I am not getting any IP address (both LAN and wireless) and it could be their DHCP is down. He went off and said he will check but no answer or any follow-up after that. For the whole night, I am not able to check my emails and it affected my work.

I have never experienced with so many issue in all the hotels I have been staying. As I'm a regular business traveler, I can really compare that this hotel is really not up to the standard in a lot of areas.

One last thing, if you are trying to call the front desk, it will take you a while for someone to pick up your calls. At one time, I waited almost close to a minute. If you need room service to order your food, you will be pass around at times.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment about our hotel here in the trip advisor.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department and the management. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

We are very sorry about your bad experience of our lift, however it have been rectify by our contractor. It was true that our Cable TV broadcast was out of service during the period you mention, this was due to incoming cable faulty to our hotel which have been reconnected as soon as possible by service provider.

The electricity cut off around Makati do happen quite frequent some time, however we do equip with a generator which will automatic run within few seconds and support the whole hotel electricity supply. As for the weak WIFI in certain area, we are in progress of upgrading to serve our guest better.

We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Norazman Chung

Been to Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines? Share your experiences!