“Great Hotel - Traffic is really bad.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines

Save Saved
You added Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines to your Saves list
Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7835 Makati Avenue, Corner Eduque Street, Makati, Luzon 1209, Philippines (Formerly Berjaya Manila Hotel)   |
Special Offer
PHP2066.00++
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Great Hotel - Traffic is really bad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Generally, the hotel has gracious staff. The lobby's ambiance is such an Oriental classic. The room is very comfy and it offers stunning views of the metro skyline.

The only downside of this hotel is the traffic congestion. It's absolutely a nightmare!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Norazman Chung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Kuta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed there 28 July-01 Aug 2013, I enjoyed staying there, the staff are very friendly and helpful, location is close to restaurants, supermarket. When I arrived on Sunday there's a Night BBQ Market only 3 minutes walk from the hotel. That was nice

The most impressive is the transport. I booked transport from the hotel and I had the best driver ever : Larry. He's nice, humorous and knows all places and the most important thing is I felt really safe.

The internet was not the best, the breakfast was so-so. I only had breakfast once there as I have to leave very early in the morning.

All in all, I wouldn't mind go back to Berjaya Makati Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Appreciate that you posted a review here at Trip Advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about the great location and staffs friendliness of our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best to your business and personal endeavors.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm Lucky to be an American Citizen Born in Kenya. I came here to meet with a lady I met online and have been talking for over a year on Skype. When the taxi pulled by the Hotel Entrance on my arrival day, a staff from Berjaya Rushed to open the Taxi door and another one was there ready to carry by bags to my room. The check in was very pleasant and I can say I never felt so much warm welcome in a hotel before in my entire life. The rooms are nice especially compared to the modest price I paid online. During my entire stay, I had a sustained VIP feeling due to staff opening the doors and holding the elevator for me and calling me sir as they placed their arms on their heart accompanied by a modest bow. I stayed in 15th floor and my room , bed, bathroom was always made promptly by staff that is very jovial and appears jovial at doing anything to make my stay better. The room service and food was very good. My crowning moment was when I we had a visitor and room service delivered free complimentary fruits just to help entertain my guest. The timing of this was so personalized to me for such a big hotel that my eyes welled up with gratefulness. I would never want to stay anywhere else and this hotel makes me want to return to Philippines so bad because I have never experienced such hospitality before. I would recommend this Hotel to my family and friends. My wish is one day I will return to Philippines and stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at tripadvisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Comments like this continue to inspire us to do better in servicing our guests and clients. Rest assured that the compliments will be extended the people who helped to creating memorable total experiences to your stay.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is in a good location for the Makati business district, and is on the lower limits of my acceptability scale, period. You get what you pay for, being self employed I don't have the budget for the Four Seasons.

Rooms are badly in need of refurbishment (and I'm talking about the refurbished rooms), hotel food is forgettable (buffet breakfast lousy and over-priced, supermarket on adjacent square a much better option), but the bed is clean and the price/location combination makes it hard to beat if you wish to avoid being stuck in traffic for 2-3 hours each day.

Internet connection is absolutely lousy, don't expect to be able to use skype or other software needing broadband. Lucky if all emails download. Worst time are evenings when all rooms are occupied.

Room Tip: The "de-luxe" rooms are the ones that have been re-furbished sometime in the last decade...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Very much appreciate your comments about the great location of our hotel and great value for money.

As for the other comment that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking corrective steps.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I hv stayed heresy times. This time was a bad experience. The room was infested with bedbugs. I was bitten all over my back!! Made a complain and they upgraded me to another bigger room which I appreciate. However, the room was dated and pretty bare. It smell musky and mosquitoes all over. Ants were found around the table. Staff sorted this out by spraying insecticide and odor control upon my request promptly.
I think the hotel is slowly upgrading and renovating the rooms. But I would suggest that they should replace the bath towels as they were worn and thin!! Small upgrading will help to retain regular guests so they feel worth staying again. Having said that the staff were courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

As for your info we already started to replace all bath towels in the room.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Since we are Berjaya Vacation Club member, Berjaya Hotel will always be our first choice~ Read about the good and bad of this hotel, but still, who cares. Arrived at the hotel with (pre-booked from Kuala Lumpur Berjaya Office) airport pick-up service. Hotel rooms are good. Parents got the king size bed room (level 16), big room, 2 big wardrobe, big bed; my brother & I got the twin room (level 17), a lil smaller compared to the king's but still OK. Location is just great, SM Market with Hooters bar is just nearby, lotsa Korean related shops is just stepss away (one good Korean BBQ restaurant - Dona Dona next door), fast food chains along the street, etc. Love the smile + greet + service of the hotel crew, just, the reception area personnel, should smile, at least, it comforts customers a lil, even when there's problem/matters =.=

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in tripadvisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

Very much appreciate your comments about the good hotel room and great location of our hotel

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our Front Office Department and action will be taken. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Jio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I with 2 other friends stayed at this Hotel and was impressed with their room setting and overall service levels. The hotel is conveniently located in the Makati city and there are number of good eating places around the hotel. You can also find a number of money exchanges around as well.
The city center and the massive malls (Gloriata?) is around 10 minute taxi ride.
I would stay here for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Norazman Chung

Been to Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines? Share your experiences!