“Stayed for a week and wants to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines

Save Saved
You added Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines to your Saves list
Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7835 Makati Avenue, Corner Eduque Street, Makati, Luzon 1209, Philippines (Formerly Berjaya Manila Hotel)   |
Special Offer
FREE NIGHT OFFER
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Makati
Makati, Philippines
“Stayed for a week and wants to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

There's plenty to love about this hotel even if we were there for an office function.

First - their rooms are clean and quiet. Love the beds and extra pillows. I could have stayed inside the room as much as I would want to, but I was there for business.

Second - their food. Some items are permanently in their breakfast buffet, but of the more than 7 times I ate breakfast there, some became my favorites - I just got to have them every time. They serve really great snacks and lunch too - but I think they serve fish fillet for lunch (albeit with different types of sauce) too frequently.

Third - their frozen margarita. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back ASAP.

Fourth - location. For dinner, we never ran out of options where to dine in. There's just too many nearby restaurants to try.

Fifth - their really fantastic staff. They are very attentive and it was nice seeing their smiles the entire time I was there.

Sixth - their lotion. Is it just me or is their lotion really that fragrant and relaxing?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Makati Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Maria Aurora Rementilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I love the Berjaya Makati Hotel! It fits me just perfect. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff is always very pleasant to be around and the attention to the special needs of a traveler is always spot on. More importantly the location of the Berjaya Makati Hotel is right in the heart of action on Makati Ave. where all your needs are all close by, but surprisingly it is not noisy or distracting at all to reside in the rooms.

I have tried many of the other hotels in Makati Ave, some of which are considerably much higher priced or don't have all the facilities which you need, but the Berjaya Makati Hotel will be one of my preferred place to stay. However, so many of the other hotels in the Philippines can be rather unpredictable and unreliable. But the staff of the Berjaya Makati Hotel know what foreign travelers are looking for and what they have come to expect in a hotel. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends.

Stayed Oct 20th 2012 - Oct 25th 2012 [room 1907]

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Rudenas,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The public area and ground floor entrance frankly are very off putting and when I first arrived I thought I had come to the wrong place. It was like a 2 or bad 3 star hotel, but I persevered.

I had a high floor room, 23rd floor which I understand have been recently renovated. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The decoration which was new was not really to my style and I thought done in the style which was popular about 15-20 years ago. However there is no doubt that the room was 4 star, even if the rest of the hotel was not.

One draw back of the hotel is the lifts. There are three lifts, but one of the lifts does not have its management system integrated with the other two. Consequently you need to press both down buttons to ensure that the first available lift will stop for you. Unfortunately the next lift will also stop, because it is not aware that you have already gotten into the lift. This means that you lift journey will involve the lift stopping at many floors, when there is no one waiting for the lift.

It has been a few years sine I last stayed in Manila and I understand that the economy is now growing rapidly and there is a shortage of hotel rooms in Manila. This means that hotels are now much more expensive than they used to be. Accepting that, I suspect that there must be better value for money options in Manila than this Hotel and I would be reluctant to stay again

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have been recently renovated
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Steve.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room is clean and food is good. But the waiter at the resto bar at the ground floor is not fast. In addition, there was a problem with our arrangement with the hotel management which was not timely relayed to the front desk hence causing me an inconvenience. So what's out when talking with the management because there seems to be an internal communication problem in this establishment. They do have an a customer feedback mechanism but I don't know if they are reading the filled up questionnaires; even if we leave our contact numbers and email address, there was no feedback from management if our answers were read. Yet, as a whole, the price is fair enough for the services, facilities and ambiance of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,

positive one.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my husband stayed there for 2 days in the hotel. We made a reservation online and indicated that we will be having an early check in. But when we get there, the receptionist don't know about it. She wanted us to wait for 4 hours before the room will be available for us. We complained and after that they gave us another room but they charged us additional 70% of the room rate since we are going to have an early check in.The room is big but Its a little bit dirty specially the towels.. We will never go back to that hotel again...

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Ms. Daisy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to our related department.

The early check in or other special requests in the hotel will always depend on the availability of the room and it was clearly stated in the online booking.

Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently stayed at Berjaya Hotel in Makati on my most recent trip to Manila. I got a great deal on a Grand Deluxe room through booking.com and was honestly expecting less than what I actually got for my money! The room was huge, more like 2 rooms, one lounge area with a desk, table, sofa, and chairs and the other with the bed/bathroom...etc. Although the building itself is an old building the amenities received for the money spent is well worth it compared to some of the newer hotels in the area. On my previous trip to Manila I stayed at St. Giles Makati Hotel, which is located directly across the street from Berjaya. I paid a considerable amount more for this hotel and the room was about half the size of the room I stayed in at Berjaya. Also, although St. Giles is a fairly new property, there was a problem with bugs in the room everyday. However, at Berjaya, my partner and I were able to enjoy our stay comfortably with no problems whatsoever!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BerjayaMakatiHotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Mr. BBnSG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm not even sure the Berjaya is actually a budget hotel, but the price is much cheaper than many surrounding, and cheaper than hotels which could be more accused of being budget.

So, the review..

The location is good, Makati is one of the better areas of Manila and even feels sort of safe. The entrance seems initially in an odd place - not on the main road fronting, but down a quieter side street, but this on further reflection is a very good idea, as it allows parking and unloading.

As you step in, this certainly again doesn't look budget, but more middle range, with a red carpet and welcoming door staff.

The corridors to the rooms are carpeted and expensively decorated. Everywhere was more or less clean.

Bottled water is complementary, as is the wifi (very good). Absolutely no way would I recommend risking drinking it, but the tap water smelled of chlorine, so at a guess, it's been treated and is safe. Well it would be fine boiling in the kettle for coffee I would imagine.

The rooms again are clean, beds comfortable. There is cable tv. If you have an upper floor, you are likely to get a view.

In all, I can definitely recommend this hotel, as a surprisingly reasonable one but with anything but a budget feel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Yorkshiresheep,

Maria Aurora Rementilla

Been to Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines? Share your experiences!