“Great services and accessible location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati

You added Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati to your Saves list
Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   HV Dela Costa corner LP Leviste Street | Salcedo Village, Makati, Luzon 1227, Philippines (Formerly Somerset Service Residence Salcedo)   |
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Makati
Yokosuka, Japan
“Great services and accessible location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Don't believe everything you read on the reviews. I normally read just the bad reviews prior to booking. This place was awesome! The staff were very accommodating and veryvery helpful. The place is nice and clean. My room was very spacious and storage space was adequate. The breakfast is OUTSTANDING and we'll suited my needs. The Public House, which is an attached restaurant and bar serves excellent food. I highly recommend the PH Burger with bacon (can get messy eating but well worth).

BOTTOM LINE: Love it, will visit again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was the first time for me in the Philippines. I found this accomodation very very nice and recommend it to everyone. I stayed in 2805. I was on a businesstrip. I booked this hotel from my companies internal hotel search engine. Via email I asked for airport transfer, they confirmed that they do ofer that and I asked them to book that aswell. I received confirmation from them regarding the transfer and gave them my exact itinerary. All of this was done in April but I did send them a reminder 4 days before arriving but got no answer. When I arrived on Manila Airport there was nobody to pick me up. After waiting about 30 minutes for someone to show up I called the hotel to ask for my transfer. I was told that they don't have any information about this transfer, but as he looked up the emails he found everything and apologized and said he will send the car immediately. After a short while a guy appeared with my name on a board. I finally arrived at the hotel.
The check-in was fast as everything was already prepared. The AC was running, it was nice and cool in the room. I received an iced tea at the reception. The room was huge as was the bed. It was an apartment intended for two people.
It had a kitchenette right in the entry, with an electric stove, water cooker, mircowave oven, cutlery and dishes for 2, a pan & pot and a small refrigerator. I liked the huge windows and the view was amazing. My room was located on the west side of the building, I was seeing the Salcedo Park Towers. The room was clean, bed nicely made, there was a flatscreen TV with cable and a dvd player with 2.1 speaker system. Both TV and dvd player had USB interface so I could watch and listen to my media colection. I considered the bathroom also pretty big, it had a showercabinet & bathtub. The bathroom was equiped with earsticks, toothbrush and paste, shavingkit, showercap, sewing kit, all nicely seeled and packed and of course shower gel, shampoo. I usually don't use these because I travel with my own stuff and prefer to use those.
I believe the hot water was heated with a boiler, as I found it under the sink, and the showercabinet had a label saying to turn the water on for 5 minutes before your shower, to allow the water to warm. This is something I'm used to.
The breakfast was included. It was between 6 and 10 AM. They had a guy making fresh omelette and pancakes with different extra ingredients on request. There was a salad selection, different bread types, and 4-5 different cooked meals which were different every day and, of course, rice. Cereal, coffee, juice, milk was also available. All in a buffet style. I pretty much enjoyed everything, but I must say that I have no problem with food in general and I like to eat and try everything.
On the 6th floor there is a small indoor pool and a jacuzzi and a small fitness room. In another wing of the 6th floor there is a conference room, a pool table and some couches. Beneath the hotel are parking places and each room has its own parking spot which is included in the price. They provide room service with food and drinks, there is a pricelist in the room, and laundry service. There is wireless internet, each floor has 2-3 access points. The connection to the AP was OK, but their internet service was very bad. Website browsing was fine, but streaming was very slow and skype voice calls impossible.
As all hotels, stores, malls and other institutions in Manila, there is a guard at the entrance with, usually, 2 or 3 other guys which open the door for everybody and greet them very nicely. They also call taxis and they write down for each room number the taxis information like license plate, company name and phone number. This is for security reasons and in case you forget something in the taxi. The same is done also upon arrival with taxi. When I arrived they instanly took over my luggage. I saw them helping everybody with their luggage, calling the elevator and even going up with guests if they had much to carry. All personnel at the reception was very nice, polite and helpfull.
I enjoyed my stay very much, but there were also some issues. On the 2nd day, after I came home from work at about 6PM there was a huge amount of water on the floor. They brought a water dispenser into my room while I was out (probably with housekeeping), they put it on a table but it had a defect, water was dripping from the faucet. I couldn't know at what time they brought it in, but probably it was shortly after I left in the morning because the water amount on the floor was huge. I called the reception, told them about this, and in a few minutes a guy appeared. He wiped up the water, replaced the dispenser and apologized several times. Nothing from my things were affected or distroyed because of this so I had no issue with the incident but the laminate wood flooring got swollen pretty badly. Because it didn't actually bother me and I already placed my things through the room I didn't want to go through all the hassle of changing rooms because of this small incident.
The next day I came home from work the trash was not taken out. I cannot say if the entire housekeeping was skipped because I usually make the bed on my own so that was made, and I didn't leave the bathroom to messy either. I called the reception to complain about this, they sent somebody up instantly.
On the penultimate day of my stay I couldn't connect to the Wifi anymore with none of my devices. So I went out. At the reception I informed them, they offered to send somebody up to my room to check it out but I declined. When I came back it was still not working so I called the reception again and they now told me that they have a general issue with the APs and till the next day it will be fixed. The next day I still couldn't connect so I called them again. They restarted their APs a night before and also changed the password. After receiving the new password it was all working fine.
One thing that I found very interesting was that in the elevators and hallways was very hot, almost like outside, but in the hotel lobby it was nice and cool. I didn't see any aircons in the hallways and elevators and I didn't quite understand why. So the elevator ride was mostly uncomfortable. On 2 days there was also an issue with one of the elevators, causing longer waiting times for the other one.

Overall I cannot complain, in my opinion, for the Philippines this place was amazing. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We recently stayed at the Greenstone for a week. I was convinced by many of the reviews that the place was clean and tidy, centrally-located and a great value.

These reviewers were either inexperienced travelers or had low standards of living. Now, I'm an American and I've gone around the world, from slums to Shangri-La, so I'm comfortable writing this firsthand experience to spare you buyer's remorse.

We arrived at the Greenstone at approximately 2 am on a warm Thursday morning. The clumsy taxi driver was far too embarrassed to let us know that he didn't know where to go. After a few stops, mid-street huddles and tips, we arrived.

The door guards, fashioned in white coats and gloves gave immediate relief that I had chosen well for our Filipino excursion. We walked in and were immediately greeted. While waiting to finalize the paperwork, there was commotion had at the door, where my knight-in-white-coat wrestled with local prostitutes to get them away from the building.

Resilient as they be, the harlots stood fast and refused to leave, demanding to sit in the lounge. A tragic foreshadowing, if ever there was one.

We received our keys for room 2801. The bell hop gathered our luggage, rustled us into the elevator, and midway to our room questioned: would you like a massage?

Flummoxed, I didn't know what to say or how to feel.
My response: not particularly, but I'd love some food.

Our room was more like a single apartment. There was a living room, updated kitchen, and the bedroom. It wasn't warm or welcoming, it was certainly hot from the outside heat, but our hop was quick to turn on the AC and settle us in. The appearance was overall clean. There's a sign on the door of the shower that forewarns, turn the water on for 5 minutes before your shower, to allow the water to warm.

We left for a night crawler walk. I spotted a Mc Donald's on the way to the hotel (an American dream, I assure you) so I insisted we eat here before bed. The short walk is a nice bonus to our maiden stay with the Greenstone.

The street is lined with commercial buildings, gastro pubs, parking lots, and luxury condominiums. I can see the Mandarin Oriental from my room (and let me tell you, she's in no better shape by the looks of her from here). Greenbelt and Landmark are less than 5 minutes away, there are a couple different yoga studios in the area, and two different mini-marts less than 30 seconds away. Taxi's frequent HV Dela Costa, so no need to rent-a-car or worry about transport.

The bed was hard as a rock and there were only two pillows. We slept well but woke up at 7 am to a well-lit room. There are no blackout curtains. Yikes.

Since we were up early we couldn't help ourselves but to make it down to the buffet for some sort of recovery before an emotional breakdown.

The food is nothing to write home about. Coffee, cereal, juice, a salad bar with odd ingredients and warm dressings, an omelet maker and pancakes. We ordered some omelets and made a salad. The hot food items are common Filipino food items like roast beef, canton noodles, white rice, and Asian chicken. The menu rotates. Pan de sal and other breads are available. Milk in the Philippines is not like milk in the states. Powdered milk is a staple in Southeast Asia. I hope it doesn't spoil your morning joe.

As I'm collecting my thoughts, I can't help but people watch in the cafe. I see other guests and my partner begins to whisper in my ear, "She's a pukpuk, she's a pukpuk" (see urban dictionary: pukpuk). Little did I know, that I'm eating salad in the middle of a brothel. One man had 3 women prostitutes, two other men from Mumbai had 5 women prostitutes. Undoubtedly, everyone is awake in the hotel because no one has blackout curtains. Ohh, Manila, you're breaking my heart.

Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't even sit on my living room couch without a condom on. My skin itches at the mere thought of what could have gone on on my room.

I've already written my travel agent in hopes of ditching this trollop hangout for something with 5 stars, though I'm not convinced that Manila could offer any better.

The last 24 hours have swiftly reminded me that it's better to go with your first choice, rather than be convinced by another's last option. I could be in the Sofitel or Pan Pacific, but I suppose that'll have to wait for next time. Until then, I'll relish in this surprisingly charming, errr raw, and cringeworthy experience and wish you MABUHAY.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ulladulla, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

what a great fantasfic hotel and what a great pleasurable place to stay this is my second great stay at the greenstone with my family and my father and the second stay was even more memorable and even better cause with the second stay we were upgraded which was very nice and a great hotel cause the hotel has free complimentary toiletries and free coffee and tea making facilities and 4 free bottle water every day plus free complimentary nrewspaper every day which was nice and a free buffet breakfast each morning what a great hotel and stay next time I am in manilla for sure

Room Tip: having stay on the 12th floor my first vist and 10th floor the second vist it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here during the World Economic Forum East Asia 2014 in May. My first visit to Philippines. Large rooms with double bed. Other hotels look cramped compared to this. Did not have time to use any of the facilities like pool, gym etc. A small kitchenette helps in preparing quick food, if needed. Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. They do not replenish toiletries (I do not think they check that), they only change the towels. So it will be wise to carry your own toilet kit. A good and quiet place to stay and take a stroll in the evening. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Not sure if it is typical to Manila, most cab drivers could not find this on first attempt since it is inside a lane.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
San Fernando, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here again for the third time. I like the size of the rooms. Almost all regular hotel rooms feels so small compared to this. Location is good. 5 min walk to greenbelt and glorietta. Next street is the salcedo saturday market where you can try local and organic produce.there is also a small mall that is new called century mall. Its 5 mins on the opposite direction from greenbelt near rockwell. So its location is between rockwell, century mall and greenbelt making it convenient. The indoor pool is heated so my kids enjoyed. I saw the newly renovated 50 sqm studios if i werent traveling with kids that would be perfect. This trip i was greeted with a cold towel and lemongrass icedtea upon arrival and they have free drinks in their new restaurant between 3pm to 5pm for all inhouse guests. Next door there are three new restaurants lulu, tobys estate and c italian and looks like many more new restaurants are opening up. Its getting to be an exciting area.

• Stayed May 2014
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a large corner room. The hallways, walls, floors were in the middle of renovation or they were just old. The bedding was clean, but they didn't replenish the toiletries. (shampoo, soap, etc.) I had to ask for a safe in the room because they removed all the safes for upgrading. I stayed there for almost two weeks. I will not go back. it is not worth the money. Another surprise after I made it back to the US. My credit card information was stolen from this place by someone from the establishment and charged about 16,000 pesos through a different hotel! Needles to say, I had to cancel my card and the CC fraud department took over. I did not use my card anywhere else and it happened the day after my payment was processed by this place.
The breakfast selection was good though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
greenstonemakati, Front Office Manager at Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are truly sorry for your experience at Greenstone residences. We are currently undergoing renovations and are almost done with the rooms and will be moving to upgrade the elevator and other common areas after the rooms. We sincerly apologize for the room that you stayed in. We do not sell rooms even if they are not renovated that are not in proper order.

As for the incident regarding the credit card this is a very serious matter. From this review we have contacted you. After contacting you informed us that your card was charged at Astoria Hotel Pasig. You claimed you did not use your card anywhere else but our establishment. As informed, we investigated this matter. In your email you claimed your card was charged in another hotel called Astoria Pasig. We contacted Astoria Pasig to verify who used your card on the said date you mentioned. Astoria Pasig informed us you made a booking via booking.com on March and you were a no show so therefore your card was charged. We believe you have forgotten you made a booking earlier at another hotel and forgot to cancel. Although our employees have been with us for several years and we have never had any incident of fraud or theft in the building we are thankful you responded to our email and allowed us to investigate for you. As a practice we charge the card upon check out in plain view of the guest. Anyway, we have emailed you regarding the reply of Astoria Pasig that you made a booking via booking.com and were a no show. If this was not the case please contact us again at greenstonemakati@gmail.com so we can investigate further.

Been to Greenstone Serviced Residences Makati? Share your experiences!