“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Makati

Save Saved
You added Raffles Makati to your Saves list
Raffles Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1224, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Makati
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed on business for 6 weeks. Staff was always wonderful (especially Glenda and Julius). Rooms make you feel right at home. 9th floor pool was always great. Very good service even when ordering dinner at 8 am. Thank you for making my stay as good as possible.

Stayed May 2014
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Anthony W,

It was a pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for making Raffles Makati your home during your business trip in Manila.

I'm glad that the service and attentiveness of our hotel colleagues made your stay comfortable and wonderful. I will make sure that Glenda and Julius receive your gracious commendation.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to the Philippines.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have stayed at several major hotels and serviced apartments in Makati since 2006. My most recent stay was at Raffles Makati. This property is superb and truly 5 star, I consider this to be the best in Makati. I found the executive suite spacious, elegant and charming. It has a well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. Just as the photos show. The hotel has everything you need great pools, gym, spa, wi-fi, bar and restaurant. The hotel is located right amongst great shopping, restaurants at night life. I found the service and staff to be exceptional, they really go out of their way to make you feel at home and special. I would highly recommend this property for the business traveller and equally to couples or families. It is ideal for both short and longer term stays. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Vince R,

To be considered as the best in Makati is an honor especially for being such a young hotel. Thank you very much for your gracious words, you are too kind.

I'm glad we were able to provide you the accommodation and amenities you needed for a comfortable stay experience. I'm most delighted to learn that it was our service that made your stay even more wonderful.

It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your return.

Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

we really had a great time! the staff and crew were friendly and nice. we booked junior suite but upgraded to executive suite. a perfect birthday gift. we will definitely be back on our next vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Seth K,

Belated Happy Birthday! Thank you for spending your special day at Raffles Makati.

I'm glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay and find our hotel colleagues friendly and helpful.

Please do consider us again when you're celebrating another milestone. We would love to be part of it.

Port Moresby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My first time at this hotel and I was not disappointed. The hotel is relatively new, nice design and in a great location. The executive suite was beautiful and very comfortable. I prefer this hotel as it isn't as crowded and the service seems more personal than other hotels in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Jamie S,

Welcome to Raffles Makati. I'm glad we were able to able to meet your expectations and provide you an unforgettable stay experience.

Thank you for regarding our service as personal. This has been our goal ever since we opened and I'm glad that we're successful in delivering just that.

I'm happy to learn that your stay in our Executive Suite was comfortable. Were you able to try our dining outlets during your stay? If not, it would be a good reason to come back.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great hotel, wonderful staff , had a great experiences , the best breakfast ever , and the staff would go out of their way to make you happy , they will even offer more service than required , wonderful room and deco, in the heart of the business area of Makati, security at its best and very discreet , always a smile on their faces with great hospitality. What I found in this hotel regarding service is very rare to find in any other hotel, well trained and accommodating. one feel very safe and secured in the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Nagy,

Your review is a heartwarming series of gracious commendations and wonderful compliments, thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

Thank you for giving positive feedback on our suites, breakfast and most especially, the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad we made you feel comfortable and safe during your stay.

Please do keep us in mind on your next visit to Manila. We look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. You always expect the very best at any Raffles property and Raffles Makati does not disappoint! The rooms are amazingly spacious with every modern and stylish feature very well thought out. The service is where Raffles Makati really stands out though. I have never had so many hotel staff greet me by name in such a short stay! Faultless. It even has the famous bar similar to the original Raffles where one can throw the peanut shells on the floor and enjoy a cool Singapore Sling. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Every room will be perfect...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear BusinessTravellerJack,

I'm glad to know that your recent stay experience at Raffles Makati didn't dissapoint.

It's always a pleasure to welcome Raffles patrons and I wish to thank you for choosing our hotel to be your home during your business trip in Manila.

While I am grateful for the kind words you shared about our suites and facilities, I'm most thankful for the gracious commendations you extended to our hotel colleagues. Thank you for describing their service as faultless.

Did you enjoy our Singapore Sling? On your next visit, please do try our local version of the iconic drink. We call ours, Makati Luxury Sling.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

All hotel 'rooms' at Raffles Makati are actually large, luxurious 1-bedroom suites, occupying two floors in a building together with its sister hotel, Fairmont. Though sharing many facilities, both hotels have separate lobbies and reception areas. Opened only last February 2013, we were curious to check it out - finally a Raffles hotel in the heart of Manila! As frequent visitors to Manila and having stayed at other Raffles and being fully aware of the famed brand name it carries, its old-world charm and legendary service (including butler service according to its website), we decided to choose this hotel over Shangri-la Makati and the Manila Hotel amongst others this time. The hotel lobby, together with the Writers Bar and Long Bar, exude an elegant, chic and sophisticated atmosphere. Having only 32 suites in total, it is never crowded nor noisy. Our stay was pleasant and enjoyable with many touches that we appreciated; however, we feel that there are still quite a few aspects on which the hotel can improve, some immediately, others more complex to iron out.

But first, The Fantastic :-

1. Quiet elegance and posh interiors, from lobby to hallways to the suites.
2. The best plus point - the suites themselves - large, separated living room (complete with Nespresso machine)/bedroom/walk-in wardrobe and bathroom.
3. Luxurious, old-world style furnishings and finishings.
4. The bed linens and bath towels - simply THE BEST I have ever come across - the bedsheets were so crisp and smooth, I wanted to bring them home!
5. All rates are inclusive of breakfast (which you can choose to have at the Writers Bar or Spectrum in Fairmont), afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
6. The classic afternoon tea! Although like a few other reviewers here, we too found service to be rather slow and a bit inattentive - you would need more than an hour (!) - this was a sumptuous meal, perfect after a full breakfast and having skipped lunch! It has 3 courses, brought out as you finish each (yes, this is TEA!). The first, an array of sandwiches, followed by four large scones with clotted cream and jam, and lastly, a 3-tier tray of patisseries and desserts. All delicious and beautifully presented. We were in a rush one afternoon, and they actually delivered the whole tray up to our room for us to have for later!

7. Location in the Ayala Triangle is perfect. Just a walk across the road and you have all the major shopping centers - Greenbelt, Glorietta and SM Malls, finance institutions, a fantastic range of restaurants, etc.

Needs Improving :-

1. Since this is a new building, I cannot understand why the rooms are actually not well sound-proofed. The doors of the suites are large and heavy and I was constantly disturbed, particularly at night, by the sheer loudness of these doors of the other rooms in the hallway shutting. There is no quiet door closer attached to the doors or hinges like in most other hotels to ensure a softer close. We even tried to close the door quietly ourselves and we were not successful. So, we heard endless doors banging shut all the time from the bedroom even when we closed all the doors leading into the bedroom. We also heard the phone ringing from the next suite and conversation next door from our living room.

2. People have noted in their reviews the complicated and unuser-friendly bedside master control for the switches. This was extremely frustrating, mind-boggling and hardly straight forward. We found ourselves many a times getting up from bed and manually turning some of the floor and table lamp fixtures off one by one.

3. Still on switches - the Do Not Disturb and Make Up Room switches by the door do not have a ON/OFF function - you press the same for both, and there is literally no indication (the switch does not move up or down but stays in the same position with each press) to let you know if it was activated. It would have been simple if the switches have lights indicating the request you made. So, a few times, we had to open our front door to peep at the light switches outside just to see if it is indeed on or off. And hence, more banging of doors :) !

4. Housekeeping service was rather patchy and requests were either very slow or did not come at all. The shower gel was not replenished at least once, and to begin with, the supply was quite measly. We requested for some to be brought as soon as possible as we were in a hurry, but after waiting for more than 15 minutes, my husband ended up showering with shampoo instead.

5. Turndown service missed us that night too. We were out since 6.30 pm that day and returned at midnight to find something delivered to our room from a friend, the said 3-tier tray from tea also delivered, yet housekeeping did not do a turndown. So we had to adjourn to the Long Bar for them to service the room.

6. A few things missing in the suite - 1. An international adapter - even 3 star hotels have them and actually a lot of hotels have built-in international plugs on the wall already. We had to request for one. 2. Given how large the entire suite is, there were only trash bins in the living room and bathroom. None in the enormous bedroom! 3. Same thing for an extra box of tissue. 4. A phone in the bathroom!! Now that's pretty standard I would say.

7. Service can be more prompt considering that there are only 2 floors and 32 suites. In fact, compared to larger hotels, I would rate the service here really slow. Never saw the butler! I looked through the phone buttons, one says "Butler", but very often, it was either not answered, or if so, the person said "Front Desk". So I ended up always pressing the Service button for everything. When we requested for an ironing board and iron, the service person insisted that there should be one in the room. I told him that we were transferred once and in both rooms we stayed in, there was no iron nor board to be found. It was eventually delivered, but that took quite some time too.

It is our wish that the management would be kind enough to look into these issues because after all, the Raffles name is synonymous with stellar service and high-end accommodation. We note that many top hotels in the Philippines pride themselves in their superior service level, as found in all Shangri-la hotels and resorts we have stayed in the country. While the staff were all genuinely courteous and ever so helpful, it is the edge that they will need even if it is in the tiny details, if they would like returning customers. Everyone in the top hospitality industry is after all competing for the same customers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bowserpianist,

I wish to acknowledge and thank you for the email you sent me regarding your recent stay experience at Raffles Makati.

If you haven't had to opportunity to read my response yet, I shared that I was pleased to learn that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I value your constructive feedback especially since we're still a “young” hotel, we are open to learn about the areas that we can improve on. My team and I are working hard on service standards and also finding ways to improve our hardware.

I do hope that on your next trip to Makati, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Hopefully on your return, you will see improvements in some of the details you mentioned as we make the necessary adjustments.

Hotel Manager

Been to Raffles Makati? Share your experiences!