“great hotel, even better service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Makati

You added Raffles Makati to your Saves list
Raffles Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1224, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% - 20% Off Room Rate
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Palm Springs, California
“great hotel, even better service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Quiet and understated, the hotel is the best place to stay in Makati. The juinor suite was very spacious, with a sitting room, an office area, a large sleeping area, nice closet area, and ample bath and shower. The service was very attentive. Sabrina and Ryan helped me secure a more suitable room; my first room in 0908 had an obstructed view. The Long Bar was not as overwhelming as I imagined, but they did have good drinks.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 0908. The view from the bedroom is obstructed by a structural post. Better views ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Osmundo,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Raffles Makati.

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay and find our suite comfortable.

I wish to thank you as well for commending the efforts of Sabrina and Ryan. I'll make sure that they both receive recognition for providing you a wonderful stay experience.

On your next travel to Manila, I invite you to stay with us once gain.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
San Antonio TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont for a week while on business.

The location is awesome. It is located in the modern financial center of Manila, Makati City. It is across the street from major malls including the ultra-modern and vast Greenbelt with all of its shops, restaurants and bars.

Check-in was quick and easy, even considering that it was 2am or so. The room was awesome. There was a large entry room with the minibar, a couch and a table and chairs. The bedroom was very large, very clean and very modern. There was a very large walk in-closet hallway. The bathroom was vast with a very long sink, an enclosed toilet area, a shower stall, and an old-fashioned bathtub.

The afternoon tea was great as was the happy hours. The breakfast area is shared with the Fairmont hotel. There was an amazing slections of food and there were all delicious.

Service was always fantastic at the hotel.

One of the things I really liked about this hotel was that it's common areas (maybe, except for the breakfast area) were so quiet. We went over to the Shangri-la for dinner one evening and the lobby was really, really busy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Tsaltmarsh,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Makati for your business trip. I'm glad we were able to provide you a swift check-in experience as I know long travels can be very tiring.

I'm glad you liked your suite and find everything convenient and spacious. It's good to learn that you also enjoyed the Afternoon Tea and pre-dinner cocktails at Writers Bar, including the breakfast spread at Spectrum.

Thank you for considering the service of our hotel colleagues fantastic! I'm quite fortunate to be working with such an inspired team.

I do hope that on your next business trip to Manila, Raffles Makati will once again be your hotel of choice.

Seminyak, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Raffles is a very nice hotel in Makati 5 minutes walk from Greenbelt shopping mall. We stayed at one of their apartments for 2 weeks. Hotel buffet is fantastic! and better than most fancy greenbelt restaurants we tried. I would recommend management take recycling and ecology in general more seriously: all towels and bed sheets get changed everyday even if you don't want to. Buffet left over food simply gets trashed... You need to manually switch off all lights when you leave the room. I would love to see this place leading in this matter when we return :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DavidElie,

I'm glad to learn that your overall stay with us was wonderful.

Thank you for commending Spectrum, I'm happy that you always have an enjoyable dining experience every time you eat there.

I wish to thank you as well for sharing with us your recommendations on green initiatives. I'm delighted to let you know that some of your suggestions are already being practiced. We have a hotel sustainability team who is hard at work on discovering other ways to preserve, recycle and save.

Thank you once again for your wonderful suggestions and I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati soon.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We booked the Raffles as we have always had such great experiences with this hotel chain but not this time.... Generally, the room was good but the service was below par. I had flowers delivered and had to ask 3 times for a vase. They missed giving our suite turn-down service so we had to call for water. The worst experience was breakfast. It is noisy with screaming, crying kids at every table. We moved twice. I asked if there was a quiet place to enjoy reading the paper over coffee and they said , "only at the Fairmont". I guess the less expensive option was the better choice. After all of that our food arrived cold. Best I can say is the wait staff are very friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Betty-Ann H,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

I am saddened to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your experience and wish to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges, which then allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed.

I understand that you will be staying with us again. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to restore your confidence in Raffles Makati. Please know that my team and I have addressed your concerns and will ensure that the unpleasant incidents you previously experienced will not happen again when your return.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed at the Raffles for three nights over Christmas and was very satisfied with my stay. I suppose there are certain expectations from a hotel of this caliber, were they met? Mostly. First off, the positives: I absolutely loved the room. The room was close to perfect- the size, it was tastefully decorated, clean, modern amenities, it would be perfect if it had a balcony. I would love a bedroom like this (with a bigger closet) if I were to design my bedroom. The view from the room was just fine. It was great that Raffles had its own pool on the 9th floor, guests staying in the Fairmont can't access this pool. The breakfast at Spectrum restaurant was excellent, with amazing service. We also had our Christmas Dinner at this restaurant and it was amazing, the service there was the best we encountered during our month-long visit to the Philippines. Great service at the Long Bar as well.

What didn't meet my expectations? We stayed for three nights, as I've mentioned, but only received a downturn service once, on our last night. An ironing board would be a great addition to the room. Used their gym many times and the staff there were great as well, the gym could use an equipment for pull ups and dips. Most Importantly, I felt the service from the front desk (reception) and even the front door and lobby were a little cold. Very professional, yes; they could've used a bit more warmth though. We actually stayed at the Fairmont for 8 nights after the New Year's and so had the opportunity to compare the two hotels. The staff at the Fairmont were consistently nicer, friendlier, more welcoming and still getting their jobs done. Not sure if Raffles staff are instructed to behave a certain way, but they could use some pointers from the Fairmont staff.

The location of the hotel was perfect. Walking distance to what Greenbelt, Glorietta etc. have to offer. Felt very safe in the hotel and its vicinity. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! But they do have room for improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jonann D,

Thank you for taking the time to also write a review on Raffles Makati. I appreciate you sharing your experiences and giving feedback on both hotels.

I'm happy to learn that you loved your suite and find the breakfast at Spectrum delicious. Thank you for spending Christmas with us, I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

I have taken note of your suggestions on how we can further improve our services at the Raffles side. I apologize for any inconveniences caused. Rest assured, your comments will be shared to the concerned departments for proper action.

Thank you once again for sharing with us your valuable feedback. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Pasig-Ortigas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

When you look at the Raffles Makati outer facade, it looks like a very ordinary simple 4-sided rectangular bluish building and you would never imagine that the interior could have sooo much space and actually house 2 hotels-in-one: Raffles and Fairmont Hotels.

This amazing and fantastic architectural design holds many hidden beauties.

I should certainly know. This is my third time at the famous Raffles Hotel Makati in less than eight months!

On my first two visits to Raffles Makati, I stayed 2 nights and 4 nights at the amazing and spacious Junior Suite respectively and this time, on my third and longest visit, I stayed for 6 spectacular nights at the much much bigger EXECUTIVE SUITE.

What can I say about my new suite? Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Fantastic. Magnificent. Opulent. Gigantic. Luxurious.

When I first stepped into my grand corner suite (Executive Suite 0918) at the very end of the long plush carpeted Raffles hallway on the 9th floor, I had to blink several times. Could I be in paradise?

The absolutely palatial modern living room greeted me with a waiting area sofa at the high ornate front double doors with 2 huge sofas, luxury chair with recliner & overhead lamp, gigantic Samsung LCD TV screen matched by a Samsung DVD Player sitting on top of a low cabinet with countless huge compartments, a low oval table for storing books and newspapers and reading, a working desk complete with reading lamp and wireless phone, a high marble table behind the sofas, a fully-stocked mini-bar with refrigerator, coffee machine, hot water kettle and a long elegant glass-topped dining table that seats 8 people amidst a backdrop of sky-high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows draped with heavy curtains offering panoramic views of the whole Makati, expensive dining table chandelier, wall paintings by local artists, smooth wooden floors, soft big heavy rugs and need I mention......tons and tons of space offering plenty and plenty of abundant room for any activity!

The ceiling air-con vents, strategically placed and stylishly designed as well, keeps the royal occupants of the Executive Suite cool and sweat-free even when the air-con is turned off.

Even guests' needs are well thought of via separate guest bathroom / toilet located beside the front entrance to the living room so they needn't use the master's bathroom.

Most of my visitors who came to visit were just "oohhing" and "aaahing" at the grand epic scale of the Raffles hallway and my Executive Suite. They say they'd been to Makati Shangri-La and Sofitel but had never seen anything like my suite nor any hotel as grand as this!

The Executive Suite living room is already a palace in itself! See it and live in it to believe it!

The Executive Suite bedroom is the more ornate version of the Junior Suite bedroom. Step through another set of high double doors and you will be greeted with an antique circular-shaped decorated mirror on the wall with a smooth wooden table below it. Inside the bedroom itself lies a king-sized bed with the softest and fluffiest pillows, linens, bedsheets and blankets you have ever slept on, bedside lamps with separate reading lamps, countless bedside table drawers for all your stuff, a master's control panel on the bedside table puts the functions of the whole suite at your fingertips within easy reach, a wireless phone beside the control panel, individual plugs on both sides of both bedside tables for charging your phone, emergency flashlight, a smaller Samsung LCD TV without DVD Player sitting on top of a low wooden stand filled with huge drawers and even a high-mounted wooden jewelry cabinet with several smaller drawers below a mounted personal mirror for the ladies!

All of this against a backdrop of high ceiling lights, panoramic window with heavy curtains, three wall paintings on top of the bed, a chair by the corner, a small backless sofa in front of the bed and soft heavy rugs on the smooth wooden tiled floor.

You don't even need to move a single inch from your bed if you're tired. They thought of everything here!

Beside the bed is a set of wooden sliding doors with blurred window slits that brings you into the amazing walk-in closet that puts even the one in the Junior Suite to shame. Two very huge closets illuminated by white lights will readily swallow all of your clothes plus your shoes, slippers, socks, you name it and there's another smaller closet beside the electronic safe for your suits and a wing of spacious drawers beneath these.

Walking one more step took me through another set of double wooden sliding doors leading into the biggest and most luxurious bathroom that I have ever been in in my life.

Separate toilet and shower stalls with ultra-modern fixtures and super-powerful water pressure line the long bathroom hallway with a wall bathtub in the center. Personally, I prefer the boat-shaped bathtub of the Junior Suite. But the huge more-than-adequate space here more than makes up for this loss. The usual his-and-hers sinks, wireless phone, hairdryer, bathroom freebies like toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, shower caps, lotions, shaving kits, etc. all come standard. The shower stall comes standard with rain-shower head style on top and separate adjustable nozzle that jets out water in a spray so powerful you'll wonder if it's a fireman's hose. You don't have to worry about lackluster water pressure in this bathroom.

The big mirror on top of the sinks, the additional full-body mirror to the wall on your left and the wall-mounted mirror directly beside the bathtub will make you feel you are in the hall of mirrors instead of a bathroom. For those who are on the naughty side, the wall mirror beside the bathtub will be to your liking. =) Hehehehe.

For more details about my Executive Suite, check out my pictures that I've uploaded.

During my previous reviews, I've already mentioned how splendid and deliciously delectable the crown jewel of Raffles was: The Spectrum all-day dining restaurant.

This time around, they've again outdone themselves. The complimentary breakfast continues to be the most delicious and amazing with my favorite bacon, waffles, pancakes, garlic rice, dimsum dumplings, miso soup, countless kinds of breads, cereal, fruits, sushi, hash browns, eggs, noodles, I could go on and on like an encyclopedia.

The dinner buffet spread at Spectrum at night is not as extensive as the over-rated Circles of arch rival Makati Shangri-La but the important thing is that the dinner buffet at Spectrum of Raffles, although not cheap at PhP1,700 - PhP2,000 per head, has all the food that I like: Roast Beef, Rib-Eye Steak, Lobsters, Barbeque, Dimsum, a mouth-watering Chocolate Station filled to the brim with cakes, sweets and other goodies and 8 kinds of ice cream flavors to choose from. I usually chose my favorite Chocolate ice cream and Cookies-n-Cream.

I also mentioned in my previous review about the Willow Stream Spa which I again tried twice this time around solely for the jacuzzi which always never fails to soothe and relax my body and tired muscles. (For more on this, I refer you to my previous review in Raffles 2.)

To sum it all up, based on my 3 reviews of this hotel, you would never want for anything else nor would you ever want to leave this hotel once you've gone in. It already has everything. Aside from those I've mentioned above, it also has a complete business center on the Fairmont side which you can use for free if you stay at any of the suites in Raffles and Raffles own business center is now being constructed on the 9th Floor where I've stayed in three times. Then there's the 9th floor outdoor swimming pool (which I've previously reviewed) and Raffles is now constructing a French dining restaurant on the 9th floor near the pool scheduled to open in mid-2014. Watch out for this!

My main purpose of staying in Raffles Makati this time around was to spend the New Year here. I stayed from December 29, 2013 - January 4, 2014.

I had the pleasure of attending one of the many New Year's Eve parties being held simultaneously at the Long Bar, Spectrum, 9th Floor Outdoor Pool area and at the Raffles Ballroom featuring renowned singer Patti Austin as the main attraction.

The New Year's Eve party I attended at the Long Bar featured a small band, although unknown, still did an excellent job of belting out my favorite 1980s songs and were able to whip up the crowd there into excitement to usher in the New Year 2014. Before the band started playing, I passed the time chatting with the friendly staff of the Long Bar (which I will mention later in this review) and watching black-and-white Charlie Chaplin films playing on the wall tv and having a few laughs while having the famous Long Bar Burger Set for my dinner.

But the price per head isn't for the ordinary average Joe: PhP7,000 for all the consumables in the Long Bar.

THE RAFFLES TEAM

As I mentioned before in my previous reviews, when you stay at Raffles, you get no less than 5-Star treatment and service in this hotel.

This time around, the very capable Raffles team have outdone themselves again.....by giving me 7-Star treatment! =)

It seems that every Raffles team member remembers my name, whether the ones I know to the ones I've never seen before in my whole life. From the managers and supervisors to the butlers to the concierge to the room attendants, everybody was simply awesome! They knew my name and always greeted me whenever I met them in the hallways. That's personalized service for you!

You cannot find a more dedicated team of hoteliers who are willing to go the extra mile for you on this side of the hemisphere!

I'm also honored to have known some of the Raffles team whom I've never met before from the ones who took care of me during Raffles 1 and 2 and the new ones that I've met now in Raffles 3.

Allow me to mention these incredible people individually by name as I take my hat off to each and every one of them once again:

*** The Gorgeous Raffles Ladies (GRLs) of the Front Office ***

- Joyce Bernal: The Midnight Raffles Lady as I'd only seen her once during Raffles 2 before during midnight. But this time around, Joyce takes center stage as the leading Raffles Lady who looked after most of my needs during my 6-night stay as she had the prime-time afternoon-to-evening shift. Also took time to profile me about my favorite food, favorite steaks, etc.

- Kristine Bautista: Undoubtedly The Cutest Gorgeous Raffles Lady with the Cutest and Most Winning Smile in all of Raffles Makati. =) Previously, I'd only seen her about once or twice during Raffles 2 and only once when she quoted me the price for Raffles 3. But this time around, because of her earlier shift (from 6 AM - 4:30 PM), I got a chance to get to know her better and she even volunteered to take my picture beside the giant Christmas tree at the Lobby. She's very dedicated, detailed and organized with her work at Raffles, which I was witness to. Kristine Bautista is a winning formula for Raffles Makati! 7-Star Cheers to you!

- Liezel "Lizzie" Tianco: The Original Gorgeous Raffles Lady who checked me in during my very first stay in Raffles. She was also the one who booked my latest adventure. But because she was on holiday leave in 4 of my 6 nights, I'd only seen her twice this time around. When she registered my guests on my first night and when she assisted Joyce in checking me out on my last day. But this doesn't diminish any of her capabilities. She's very professional, fast no-nonsense and efficient. If you're in a hurry and are pressed for time, look for Lizzie. She gives Express Check-Out a whole new meaning.

- Carmel Ortiz: Always the Mysterious Raffles Lady. I've stayed at Raffles 3 times and I've been to Raffles Makati a hundred times and I've only seen Carmel less than 3 times. Hardly ever. This time around, Carmel was on the graveyard shift at Raffles Front Office (past 12 Midnight until early morning). I only saw her once, when I greeted her Happy New Year after emerging from the Long Bar New Year's Eve party at past 2 AM on January 1, 2014.

*** The Ladies In Black (LIBs) ***

- Patricia Aurel Bautista: Front Office Manager of Raffles Makati. Made her debut appearance during Raffles 2. Very eloquent with supermodel looks and probably the only Raffles Lady who looks good in the black suit. This time around, I was only able to talk to her once during December 31 and briefly during January 3 as her schedule this Holiday Season was filled with business meetings and she was often on leave if not on duty. Zipping around Raffles, she has become the female version of "The Flash".

- Michelle Uy: Assistant Front Office Manager of Raffles Makati. I got her business card before I met the actual person. Michelle was the one who checked me into my luxurious Executive Suite to start off Raffles 3. At first glance, she looks like a serious person. But towards the end of my stay, I was able to break the ice and make her laugh by telling her I gained 8 pounds in 6 nights after feasting on all that delicious food at Spectrum. (My gaining weight is so unbelievable that it can make even the most serious person laugh).

- Jeziel "Jez" Uy: The Shining Star of Spectrum in Raffles Makati! Originally met her last August 2013 during Raffles 2 dinner buffet. I was pleasantly surprised to meet her again this time at the breakfast buffet when she approached me. Very glad she still remembered me even after so many months. Very hard-working and she really took the time and the effort to look after me by visiting my table frequently during breakfasts this time around. She even remembered my favorite drinks and favorite food and often brings me the food herself even though she's already a high-ranking officer of Spectrum. During her 2 days off, she even asked the attendants to always look after me and bring me my favorite food daily! Now that's personalized 7-Star service! Everybody in Raffles should take a cue from Jeziel Uy! Kudos to you and Thank You So Much!

- Hazel David: One of the supervisors of Spectrum. I don't really know her that well as this is the first time I've seen her but I often see her serving food herself to the guests and for some reason, she also knew my name and greeted me whenever we bumped into each other. Me wonders if there's anyone at all who doesn't know my name in Raffles Makati.

- Mary Joy Villamor: Another new face. I only met her during the New Year's Eve party at the Long Bar. Don't know which department she's in but she was quite friendly with me and was kind enough to usher in the New Year with me and always asks me if I wanna order more drinks at the bar.

*** The Butler Team ***

- Cindy Pimentel: My Original Butler as she was the very first butler to greet me at the door of my suite during my very first visit to Raffles in May 2013. The Sexiest Butler in all of Raffles as she is the only female butler, I think. =) Cindy is very efficient and always gets every detail of my room down to the last letter. She laid low during Raffles 2 and was on Holiday leave for most of Raffles 3. But when she met me at the hallway on January 3, she was her jolly self and offered to have my clothes pressed before my departure.

- Julio Lapuz Jr.: Made his debut and brief appearance during Raffles 2 and took the lead this time around in doing the ocular and inspecting my Executive Suite prior to my arrival. A lot of the credit for my Suite being so perfect and flawless this time around goes to him. Even the bedpost accidents which hounded my knees before were corrected by new bedposts of the king-size bed. Julio also took the time to tour me around Raffles Residences and to show me the Raffles Presidential Suite on the 10th Floor and the Fairmont Presidential Suite. Very hard-working and dedicated to his craft. Raffles Makati is truly lucky to have Julio on its team!

- Dennis Balilo: Dennis is no stranger to me. He also took the time to tour me around the Raffles Residences and show me the famed 4-bedroom penthouse suite between Raffles 2 and Raffles 3 when I dropped by to have a drink. This time around, Dennis was one of those who arranged the features and details of my suite and even took the effort to come by the Writer's Bar on my afternoon tea to confirm with me the details of my suite. He's very lively, efficient and also very dedicated! Thumbs up to him!

- Hendrick Germones: New face in the butler team. This is the first time I've seen him as Michelle Uy assigned him to assist me in my Executive Suite. Took the time to handle my request of getting the latest traffic update from the Concierge as I was driving out and picking up some friends on my first night. Never saw him again after the first day.

*** Writer's Bar / Long Bar ***

- Jessica: She served me afternoon tea during Raffles 2 and this time in Raffles 3. Smiling face. Friendly service.

- Pamela: Welcomed me into the Long Bar on New Year's Eve and showed me to my seat. She has very expressive eyes, alluring, electrifying and flirty stare and seductive. Her gaze can melt icebergs. Very eloquent and spoke great English. I was utterly captivated by her eyes the whole night of the party!

- Jenny Lopez: The only female bartender of Long Bar. I was glad she remembered me from Raffles Part 1. Great smile and friendly. You can ask her anything and everything and she's very knowledgeable.

- Orman: A new face in the Long Bar. Lively and quick-witted, very fast service and seems to be enjoying his work there while grooving to the music.

- Von: Still remembered me from Raffles Part 1. Speaks good English and knows the Long Bar from top to bottom. You can ask him just about anything under the sun. I've seen him mix drinks; very relaxed, it's like he's so used to it.

*** Spectrum ***

- Ezekiel: Extended fast service to me during the duration of my breakfasts at Spectrum. Very friendly, hard-working and Jeziel Uy's protege.

- Charmaine: New face at Spectrum. Saw her briefly once or twice during the breakfast and dinner buffets but didn't notice her until one night after the New Year when Spectrum was going slow and we chatted in the middle of the Raffles hallway near the elevator banks for close to one hour.

- Daniel Rivera: The Spectrum supervisor during the evening buffet. Took the time to greet me and ask if I was being taken cared of by my server. He knew my name as if he's memorized it a thousand times even if we saw each other less than 2 times. Ran into each other in the Long Bar where he was surprised to find me.

*** Concierge ***

- Garry: The very first Concierge to help me with my suitcase during my initial trip to Raffles Lizzie and Cindy. Still very hardworking and helpful even this time around and knows my name like the back of his hand.

- Jonathan: New face in Concierge. Enthusiastic guy and am very thankful to him for coming up to my suite and personally delivering an important letter I had written to Kristine at the Front Office. Followed it through to the end.

- Ronald: New face in Concierge. Very hardworking and enthusiastic about his work. So fast and dedicated. I'm thankful to him for helping me with my suitcase to my car in Raffles 3 and for volunteering concierge service anytime I'm at the hotel again.

- Ryan Galag: Made his appearance during Raffles 2 and was very helpful and efficient and fast but didn't see much of him during Raffles 3 because of a change in shift. Although he was there during my last conversation with Michelle Uy at the Raffles Residence elevators.

- Tristan: Original member of the Concierge first batch but only saw him prior to Raffles 3. Helped me with carrying my suits to my Executive Suite and took the time to greet me personally during New Year's Eve. But I'm most thankful to him for delivering my letters to Patricia Bautista of the Front Office.

*** Room Attendants ***

- John Mark and Khring: For cleaning my big big suite everyday religiously. Thank you for keeping my elegant suite spanking new!

*** Willow Stream Spa ***

- Edward: Very knowledgeable and helpful during my initial visits to the Spa in Raffles 2. Was re-assigned to the 9th Floor pool area this time around but took the time to greet me by name when I ran into him near the elevator. In my opinion, he's more fit to be in the Spa.

The only suggestion I can make to Raffles Makati is that they should add a KARAOKE Room beside the Lobby so that guests like me can belt out their favorite tunes - or at least put a jukebox there. =)

All told, I am very very satisfied with my latest stay at Raffles Makati...even more than last time, proving once again that even 5 star can still become 7 star!

The Executive Suite, the service, the food, the people...everything had the right ingredients!

Kudos to everyone at Raffles Makati! See you all in Raffles 4!

Room Tip: Select the suites in the corner; they're slightly bigger than the same suite in the hallway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Hitoshi T,

I wish to thank you for sharing with us yet again another wonderful stay experience at Raffles Makati.

We learn so much from your reviews as it allows us to identify the services and amenities our guests enjoy while also keeping us informed on the areas we can improve on. However, it seems that your third stay with us went perfectly. I'm glad we were able to provide you a great stay once again.

I also wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and patronage. It's always wonderful to welcome back returning guests who essentially become part of our family.

Thank you as well for giving due recognition to the hotel colleagues that provided you top class service. I'm glad they were able to look after you and take care of your needs during your stay.

I look forward to reading a part 4 soon. Thank you once again and I look forward to your return.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in for Christmas period before our trip to Palau and Yap (Micronesia). Raffles Makati are in the same building as Fairmont (Share the same Spa and restaurants, coffee shops, just Raffles have separate lobby and also additional pool on the 9th floor, reserved for Raffles guests only.

The Fairmont pool on the 4th floor on the same floor as the spa level can be used both by Raffles and Fairmont guests.

In my opinion Raffles have absolutely perfect location in Makati, next door to the Greenbelt shopping mall, very convenient for dining and shopping

The lobby of Raffles is quite small, very private, designed in old English style, with the Long Bar and Writers bar (serving excellent tea from 2.30 to 5pm with great selection of sweets and mini-sandwiches.

The service as many of the best hotels in Philippines is at absolute best, everything is done with the smile, perfect professionals.

The junior suite we had was in perfect condition, the bed was for sure one of the best I’ve ever slept, the bathroom was big and all marble. The nice thing also was the FREE and VERY FAST INTERNET, something quite rare these days. The room was equipped with coffee machine (similar to Nespresso system with different coffee pods).

We use in room dining twice and the food and service was fast and great.
In our package we had a breakfast buffet included in our room rate, in Spectrum restaurant) the food choice is excellent and the quality is the same.

We had some Spa procedures with my wife, we had Traditional Philippine Hillot massages, also deep tissue massage (both 90 minutes, Spa services are highly recommended. I tried also the steam room before the treatments and the mineral pool.

All in all we are looking forward to come back there. We really missed later on in our trip to Micronesia the top level quality of the facilities and Spa of Raffles.

This is very highly recommend hotel - 5 stars on any given day!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear ivo_k,

Thank you for spending your Christmas at Raffles Makati. I hope you had a wonderful time in Palau and Yap.

I wish to greet you a Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us.

I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed the service and friendliness of our hotel colleagues, thank you very much for commending them. I'm also glad to know that you had a comfortable sleep and enjoyed the amenities and Internet connection in your suite.

It's great to learn that you and your wife tried one of our signature massages at Willow Stream. On your next visit, I recommend that you try the Sweet Honey Body Bliss. It's 90 minutes of pampering experience with the use of organic honey harvested from the honeycombs of our local bees.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback and I hope that you and your wife will come visit us on your next trip to Manila. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Raffles Makati? Share your experiences!