“Amazing Raffles! Royalty Redefined!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Makati

Save Saved
You added Raffles Makati to your Saves list
Raffles Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1224, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Pasig-Ortigas
“Amazing Raffles! Royalty Redefined!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at Raffles Hotel Makati from May 25 - May 27, 2013 for 3 days / 2 nights.

The luxury bar has been raised! Royalty has been redefined! Other 5-Star hotels in Makati need now cower in fear! The ultimate 5-Star luxury hotel, the Palace in the heart of Makati is here!

From the moment I stepped off my car in Basement 2, I noticed 3 very, very huge parking levels with well-polished floors and well-marked and secure car parking spaces. Parked in post M-9 slot R-69. Raffles Hotel has a different but more luxurious glass entrance from adjacent Fairmont Hotel which leads to the elevator banks in the basement. Two elevators lead to the ground floor lobby, non-airconditioned as it's mostly used just for transport of people and luggage. Doors a bit slow in opening when reaching the desired floor. But a hotel security officer is there to welcome you upon reaching the ground floor of Raffles.

Step into the main ground floors Lobby of Raffles Hotel is like stepping into a new world filled with luxury. High, high ceilings and posts made of polished exquisite marble all around greet you and you can't miss the grand chandelier hanging just above the Front Desk area. Centralized air-con in the whole entire hotel keep you cool and sweat-free.

The beautiful and very professional Liezl Tianco of Front Desk greeted me and handled my check-in with utmost professionalism and courtesy befitting a 5-star hotel even as bellboy Barry relieved me of my luggages. Got the Junior Suite on the 9th Floor (Suite 905) at a bargain price of P12,500 / night, still a bit pricey but considering the 5-star experience and service I got, well worth every penny.

Liezl and Barry immediately whisked me away up to my Junior Suite and upon entering the well-lighted and very long carpeted hallway, I noticed the high ceiling and high doors, everything colored white to give it a glowing clean luxurious feel. Standing by my door waiting for my arrival was personal butler (first time in my life to have stayed in a hotel with my own butler) Cindy, impeccably dressed in a black suit with a genuine smile.

As soon as I entered the suite, I was greeted by the French-styled classical theme of the white-colored Junior Suite (60 square meters), complete with everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Huge bedroom with high ceilings (with great views of Makati Avenue and Greenbelt Mall and New World Hotel across the street) with 2 bedside tables with wireless telephone and rows and rows of spacious drawers and cabinets for my numerous stuff and get this MASTER CONTROL PANEL on my bedside table that controls everything including lights, air-con, maid service, do-not-disturb sign, centralized air-conditioning, everything.... huge bathroom with my favorite boat-style bathtub and separate shower room and toilet partitioned by clear glass, 2 big sinks, soap holders, even a book holder on the bathtub! Walk-in closet with in-room safe and countless drawers, dining room, reception room, 2 huge 40-plus-Inch Samsung LCD TVs, Refrigerator, Mini-Bar, Coffee/Tea Machine, Study / Writing Table, Swimming Pool exclusively for Raffles Hotel guests on the 9th Floor (with pool bar, lifeguard and security) etc., etc., you name it and they have it! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

My only complaint about the bedroom was that the squarish wooden post is jutting out like an extension beyond the length of the bed so I always misjudge the distance and bump my knee into it several times while walking by, bruising both of my knees during my stay here.

I was immediately seated at the dining table and signed some papers for my check-in that Liezl laid out before me. Barry, the bellboy, showed me around the room. Cindy gave absolutely 5-star service, immediately pouring me some water, offering tea and coffee and placing a separate kettle for my hot water. Noting that the bathroom didn't have a phone, she immediately placed a wireless phone unit there too. Fast and efficient!

Maid service is also very impeccable. Every time I went out of my suite and didn't turn on the Do Not Disturb sign, my suite would immediately be clean and neat when I come back. Excellent! Once I saw only 1 trash bin for the whole suite and I asked Housekeeping for 2 more. They gave me 4 more trash bins. Fabulous!

Words cannot describe the amazement of my suite so check out the pics I uploaded here.

The water pressure of the Junior Suite bathroom was very strong and adequate for washing and made my bath more relaxing! Dual sinks is a fabulous idea as couples don't have to wait for each other. There were also countless towels galore, big and small for all situations!

As for the Spectrum all-day restaurant in Raffles, the daily buffet breakfast is truly 5-Star! Its got my favorite pancakes, waffles, bacon! Assortment of breads, noodles, rice, salads, juices, cheeses, jams, even a station where BEES are kept in an enclosed glass frame where they churn out all kinds of honey! I could go on and on. Try the place and see for yourself!

The only hitch I encountered in Spectrum was after Glenda, the receptionist, took my orders for drinks, she made the order but probably forgot about it as she tended to other incoming guests. But when I followed it up with a male waiter, my hot chocolate and green tea arrived in less than 1 minute. Now that's 5-star service!

I didn't try the lunch and dinner at Spectrum as I would often eat out in the nearby Glorieta and Greenbelt malls. I didn't take any pictures at Spectrum so as not to bother other dining guests during their meals.

Other areas of Raffles Hotel worth mentioning are the Writer's Bar and Long Bar. The Writer's Bar is very cozy and luxurious and quiet. Afternoon high tea they gave me was more than adequate (for 4 or 5 people to be exact). There was a 6-level tray of assorted bread and pastries laid in front of me. Wow!

The Long Bar (which I visited on my first night) lived up to its name with a very long bar for 20 people and bartenders mixing all kinds of drinks imaginable and a small but lively band playing nightly. Many many thanks to Jenny (the only female bartender in the Long Bar) who went the extra mile and made the effort to bring me my order of chocolate ice cream by ordering it from outside the bar and she gave me a delicious 3-scoop chocolate ice cream glazed with Oreo cookies and topped with a big cookie! My order wasn't in the Long Bar's menu but Jenny still went out of her way to get it for me aside from my order of apple juice.

Another male bartender, Von, was very hospitable and friendly, and even took the time to chat with me and tell me about the Long Bar's features and its absence of Happy Hour makes it a very exclusive bar indeed. No crowds like other bars in Makati. Another plus!

Willow Stream Spa on the 4th Floor offers pricey but very private massages (each guest has his/her own chamber) though I didn't have time to try it. The spa is adjacent to the 24-hour gym (with gym instructor) and the Swimming Pool on the 4th Floor is shared by Fairmont and Raffles Hotel guests. It was only upon visiting the spa during my last few remaining hours in the hotel before my 3 PM late check-out time that I was shown a JACUZZI for hot bath inside the spa free use for all Raffles Suite guests. If only I had gone there sooner! I'm a big fan of jacuzzis and will be sure to try it on my next stay at Raffles.

The biggest pleasant surprise of all was during my last day when I was checking out. Cindy had left a message earlier in my phone message center saying she probably couldn't see me off during my departure. But when I was checking out on the ground floor with Liezl, Cindy magically reappeared at the Front Desk and personally ushered me all the way to my car, with the very kind and professional Barry carrying my luggage all the way to my car! They even took the time to say their goodbyes as my car was finally heading up the ramp towards the exit outside! Another first in world-class service!

Next time you stay in Manila, go to Makati and stay at Raffles Hotel! If I had the money, I'd definitely wanna stay here forever!

Room Tip: Get the Junior Suite if you're only 1 or 2 people. Executive Suites for a big family. Presidenti...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Hitoshi,

Thank you very much for being so generous with your compliments - we are overwhelmed and very humbled by your kind words.

I wish to thank you for writing in detail your experience at Raffles Makati. I really appreciate that you took the time to share with us your wonderful experiences, from the time you entered our hotel to the moment you checked out and was greeted with a surprise from one of our butlers. Feedback from our guests is a great learning tool for us to find out on what makes our patrons happy, as well as discover the areas which we can further improve on.

I'm happy to learn that you were able to enjoy most of our facilities and restaurants during your stay. On your next visit, please try Spectrum.

Again, thank you for your very positive feedback. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Incheon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a wonderful place! The beautiful and luxurious with the calm and peaceful atmosphere, the attentive staff...
raffles gave us time to see everything we wanted, without being in a rush or hurry
if you'll visit makati, there is no other choice !
the raffles is the best hotel in makati
and I appreciate your room upgrade ... Thanks so much

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience.

In the middle of the busy city, we try to provide our guests a calm and peaceful oasis where they can escape to – which is why I’m glad to learn that you had a relaxing stay with us.

Also, thank you for considering Raffles Makati as one of the best hotels in the city. We are grateful for your kind feedback.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The whole experience was delightful. I've stayed in many 5* and boutique hotels all over the world and I can truthfully say that this place compares with the best of them. The service is just wonderful, the facilities great and the rooms perfect.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for measuring us up with the other five-star hotels you’ve stayed in around the world. I’m glad that you had delightful stay experience with us.

I wish to thank you as well for your gracious feedback on our facilities, suites and most especially our service. I’m glad that your overall experience was excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have stayed in so so many hotels and without doubt, the staff of this hotel wins the BEST service ever!!

Hotel has only 32 rooms and at every turn, nook and corner, a staff is always there - so fast and observant!! You don't even have to ask for help, they just come and help. Stayed on the 9th floor and had Cindy who was the 'butler' on that floor. Extremely helpful - I had wanted to get some local food stuff - asked her where to get it, and she offered to get it. Absolutely brilliant!!

Rooms were also nice and good variety for breakfast.

The hotel is also located in a good location - next to a shopping mall and metro station. Very convenient

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and consider our service as one of the best.

Thank you as well for your high regards on our colleagues, including Cindy who made your stay memorable. I will be sure to share with her your kind words.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your suite and enjoyed our breakfast offerings. I hope you will stay with us once again on your next travel to Manila.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

There are so many great things i could write about but when it comes to customer service nothing will beat Raffles. We were greeted at the hotel by an enterauge of people taken to our room for in room check in . All the staff are exceptional!! I would say thier is one stand out her name is Cindy and she was our butler . The first morning I requested a banana for my babies breakfast Cindy searched for my banana which took her longer than what she expected she called me after 5mins to apologise for the wait. The very next morning when she delivered fresh milk for my baby she also turned up with a basket of assorted bananas which she personally sourced and I would have to say they were the best bananas in the Philipines ! I was really taken back that this young lady had taken this initiative she is a true asset to any hotel.
We always had a table a lunch and every request was done in such a timely manner.
We are currently staying in Boracays top resort in a suite and I must say this resort is beautifull with great service but next to the Raffles it doesn't come close so I guest that's the difference between 5 stars and 6 stars .
I'm looking forward to returning to the Raffles on Monday .

• Stayed March 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

I am most delighted to hear your feedback on Cindy. She is very dedicated and passionate with her job and I am very proud to be working with her. I assure you that Cindy’s exceptional service will be duly recognized.

and felt personally taken care of by our colleagues. We have a passionate team who are very committed in delivering warm, authentic hospitality. I am very proud to work with them and will be sure to give due recognition to James, November and June.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again soon.

Manila Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a classy deluxe all suite boutique hotel . From the moment I called the hotel , the reservation officer was very friendly and accomodating with my small request (an extra bed ), and I could sense, it will be a smooth and remarkable stay. True enough , check in was en suite , with the front desk staff accompanying us to our room/suite and facilitating the process. We are assisted by the bell staff who brought our luggages , and a different guy, the butler was there to orient us in our suite and hotel services. Rates here are definitely expensive, and inclusions include afternoon tea (which we availed ), and evening cocktails , both in the Writer's bar .I liked staying at the bar wherein the place adds a good feel with its decor, the staff service is good and there is good music from someone playing the piano during the afternoon . This hotel exudes a soothing fragrance, and a luxurious feel to every corner , most specially in the lobby and suites. The hallway and suites were noted to be of high ceiling, which adds to its elegance. The facilities in this junior suite were of high quality. The LCD TV was huge, and it uses the Samsung Smart model. There are 2 TV sets by the way. The bathroom was just impressive, the tub was set up so that you can spend time just reading books etc. they had a nice coffeemaker also. Beds are comfortable, with a nice control panel beside it, and the phone by the way was of the cordless type. Internet here is free, and it was fast. Buffet breakfast ( you have the option to order ala carte at the Writers bar , or have the buffet at Spectrum, which is shared with guests of adjoining Fairmont ), and decided to have mine at the coffeeshop. Breakfast selection is good, dining place has a good ambiance , and service is really good , that is if they are not that busy. I already made a separate review of Spectrum. A nice touch made for us was when they gave us a small cake , for my spouse who was celebrating her birthday , and I'm grateful for the nice gesture. What made my stay perfect was the professional attitude of the staff , with some of them addressing me by my name, and that includes housekeeping. They all seem to be willing to serve, and even i just made glances at some of them, they would smile back . I liked it when the petite lady door staff would even offer taking photos of my family in the lobby (sorry i wasn't able to get her name ). Next visit i will try to utlilize the other facilities such as the pool and gym area . I would recommend this hotel for those wanting to celebrate a special occasion or those on weekend stays ( stone's throw away from 2 huge shopping malls ), and for the elite and discriminating guests when splurging on money is of no big issue . Special mention to front desk staff Sheila, Liezl and our butler , oh my I forgot his name .

Room Tip: request for room at same floor level with the swimming pool, no good room views yet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were made to feel very welcome and taken care of by our colleagues, starting at the point of reservation.

I am also glad to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Writers Bar and had a wonderful birthday celebration for your husband at Spectrum.

Thank you for describing our suite as elegant, comfortable and impressive. On your next visit, I do encourage you to try the outdoor swimming pool on the 9th floor and Willow Stream Spa for a more relaxing stay experience.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Words can’t express the wonderful experienced i had with Raffles. I don’t even know where to start putting those in writings. It was my son’s birthday and we only want the best for him on his special day. We booked a Junior suite for 3 nights, opting for a late check-in, a day before our arrival, they called me to check if i have any special requests (thankfully, i don’t have one, though i specifically instruct them to put fresh flowers in the bath) Boy, they did!. How thoughtful of them! I arrived around 10:30pm (my son and partner arrived separately), The Raffles Hotel Makati is smacked in the middle of all the best in the Metro, from very accessible transport services, to huge shopping malls with both local and international brands, to the best restaurants in the city. It is a mere 30-minute ride from the airport. The moment I step out of the green cab who took me to the hotel, I can fell that something special is waiting for me. The lobby is beyond chic, with an intimate feel that will surely delight even the most stylish and picky traveler. It has a sense of privacy and very intimidating if you’re not used to luxury. The lobby leads to the famous Long Bar and the modern and immaculately divine Writer's Bar. I was whisked to the front desk, like someone important but was told by the very gracious Karen that check- in will be done upstairs, inside our suite. She took me on the 10th floor and finds my butler, Dennis, who is charming and kind, waiting outside our suites. They both ushered me in and started the normal check in process like I’ve never experienced before. Heck, i haven’t experienced such special treatment for check-in in any of the best hotels in the Metro! Were done in exactly 4minutes and Dennis began his routine of introducing the suites, how to's etc... The Raffles Junior suite is huge, fit for a queen, with the commanding view of the sleek Makati skyline. The design is very contemporary, luxurious with an old-world charm that will surely impress even the most demanding starlet (with good taste, of course!).It has the most comfortable bed ever that felt like sleeping in a 300-count Pratesi sateen sheets! It has a separate receiving area with the well-lit vestibule if one wants to entertain some guests or just want to have an intimate dinner with family. The working desk is very useful for my partner's writing moments. The two flat-screen tv's had good selections from the international news channel, lifestyle channels and kid channels (which is very important if you have children). I was impressed by the cleanliness of the bathroom with two separates for shower and toilet. I spent most of my free time soaking in the tub! It was divine. An iron and ironing board is available upon request. They have a separate dresser for our luggage and enough space for keeping our clothes and shoes. The buffet selections at Spectrum restaurant are just fine. We loved the Buko Station and that honey-bee farming some really fresh honey was quite amazing. My son specifically enjoyed swimming on the cleanest pool ever. The pool area is a split between Ibiza and Caribbean modernity. The pool bar has good selection of cocktails and snacks. We loved the pool because only the residents and their guests and the hotel guests can use it. It’s off limits to outsiders even for the guests at Fairmont. Above it all, the people at Raffles hotel, from the doormen, the housekeeping team, f&b, butler service, front desk even the management team etc made up for making this legendary institution the best in the world. The service is beyond ordinary, very classy and one that you would expect for a hotel brand that caters to royalties, celebrities, oligarchs and the most demanding people on earth. It was worth every penny! We've already planned our next stay-cation, end of March. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: 10th floor junior suites offers the best view with very accessible access to the pool and Willow Sp...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased to hear that you selected Raffles Makati to celebrate your son’s birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of his special day.

I am also glad to hear that your stay was made enjoyable due to the friendliness, thoughtfulness and efficiency of our colleagues, and that they made you feel very special.

Thank you for commending the condition of our suite and its amenities and facilities. I am glad you enjoyed them including the outdoor swimming pool.

I will be sure to share your positive comments to our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your family at the end of March.

Hotel Manager

Been to Raffles Makati? Share your experiences!