“The only place to stay in Makati if you're looking for a boutique experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Makati

You added Raffles Makati to your Saves list
Raffles Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1224, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% - 20% Off Room Rate
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Hong Kong
“The only place to stay in Makati if you're looking for a boutique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The whole experience was delightful. I've stayed in many 5* and boutique hotels all over the world and I can truthfully say that this place compares with the best of them. The service is just wonderful, the facilities great and the rooms perfect.

• Stayed May 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for measuring us up with the other five-star hotels you’ve stayed in around the world. I’m glad that you had delightful stay experience with us.

I wish to thank you as well for your gracious feedback on our facilities, suites and most especially our service. I’m glad that your overall experience was excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have stayed in so so many hotels and without doubt, the staff of this hotel wins the BEST service ever!!

Hotel has only 32 rooms and at every turn, nook and corner, a staff is always there - so fast and observant!! You don't even have to ask for help, they just come and help. Stayed on the 9th floor and had Cindy who was the 'butler' on that floor. Extremely helpful - I had wanted to get some local food stuff - asked her where to get it, and she offered to get it. Absolutely brilliant!!

Rooms were also nice and good variety for breakfast.

The hotel is also located in a good location - next to a shopping mall and metro station. Very convenient

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and consider our service as one of the best.

Thank you as well for your high regards on our colleagues, including Cindy who made your stay memorable. I will be sure to share with her your kind words.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your suite and enjoyed our breakfast offerings. I hope you will stay with us once again on your next travel to Manila.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

There are so many great things i could write about but when it comes to customer service nothing will beat Raffles. We were greeted at the hotel by an enterauge of people taken to our room for in room check in . All the staff are exceptional!! I would say thier is one stand out her name is Cindy and she was our butler . The first morning I requested a banana for my babies breakfast Cindy searched for my banana which took her longer than what she expected she called me after 5mins to apologise for the wait. The very next morning when she delivered fresh milk for my baby she also turned up with a basket of assorted bananas which she personally sourced and I would have to say they were the best bananas in the Philipines ! I was really taken back that this young lady had taken this initiative she is a true asset to any hotel.
We always had a table a lunch and every request was done in such a timely manner.
We are currently staying in Boracays top resort in a suite and I must say this resort is beautifull with great service but next to the Raffles it doesn't come close so I guest that's the difference between 5 stars and 6 stars .
I'm looking forward to returning to the Raffles on Monday .

• Stayed March 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

I am most delighted to hear your feedback on Cindy. She is very dedicated and passionate with her job and I am very proud to be working with her. I assure you that Cindy’s exceptional service will be duly recognized.

and felt personally taken care of by our colleagues. We have a passionate team who are very committed in delivering warm, authentic hospitality. I am very proud to work with them and will be sure to give due recognition to James, November and June.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again soon.

Manila Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a classy deluxe all suite boutique hotel . From the moment I called the hotel , the reservation officer was very friendly and accomodating with my small request (an extra bed ), and I could sense, it will be a smooth and remarkable stay. True enough , check in was en suite , with the front desk staff accompanying us to our room/suite and facilitating the process. We are assisted by the bell staff who brought our luggages , and a different guy, the butler was there to orient us in our suite and hotel services. Rates here are definitely expensive, and inclusions include afternoon tea (which we availed ), and evening cocktails , both in the Writer's bar .I liked staying at the bar wherein the place adds a good feel with its decor, the staff service is good and there is good music from someone playing the piano during the afternoon . This hotel exudes a soothing fragrance, and a luxurious feel to every corner , most specially in the lobby and suites. The hallway and suites were noted to be of high ceiling, which adds to its elegance. The facilities in this junior suite were of high quality. The LCD TV was huge, and it uses the Samsung Smart model. There are 2 TV sets by the way. The bathroom was just impressive, the tub was set up so that you can spend time just reading books etc. they had a nice coffeemaker also. Beds are comfortable, with a nice control panel beside it, and the phone by the way was of the cordless type. Internet here is free, and it was fast. Buffet breakfast ( you have the option to order ala carte at the Writers bar , or have the buffet at Spectrum, which is shared with guests of adjoining Fairmont ), and decided to have mine at the coffeeshop. Breakfast selection is good, dining place has a good ambiance , and service is really good , that is if they are not that busy. I already made a separate review of Spectrum. A nice touch made for us was when they gave us a small cake , for my spouse who was celebrating her birthday , and I'm grateful for the nice gesture. What made my stay perfect was the professional attitude of the staff , with some of them addressing me by my name, and that includes housekeeping. They all seem to be willing to serve, and even i just made glances at some of them, they would smile back . I liked it when the petite lady door staff would even offer taking photos of my family in the lobby (sorry i wasn't able to get her name ). Next visit i will try to utlilize the other facilities such as the pool and gym area . I would recommend this hotel for those wanting to celebrate a special occasion or those on weekend stays ( stone's throw away from 2 huge shopping malls ), and for the elite and discriminating guests when splurging on money is of no big issue . Special mention to front desk staff Sheila, Liezl and our butler , oh my I forgot his name .

Room Tip: request for room at same floor level with the swimming pool, no good room views yet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were made to feel very welcome and taken care of by our colleagues, starting at the point of reservation.

I am also glad to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Writers Bar and had a wonderful birthday celebration for your husband at Spectrum.

Thank you for describing our suite as elegant, comfortable and impressive. On your next visit, I do encourage you to try the outdoor swimming pool on the 9th floor and Willow Stream Spa for a more relaxing stay experience.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Words can’t express the wonderful experienced i had with Raffles. I don’t even know where to start putting those in writings. It was my son’s birthday and we only want the best for him on his special day. We booked a Junior suite for 3 nights, opting for a late check-in, a day before our arrival, they called me to check if i have any special requests (thankfully, i don’t have one, though i specifically instruct them to put fresh flowers in the bath) Boy, they did!. How thoughtful of them! I arrived around 10:30pm (my son and partner arrived separately), The Raffles Hotel Makati is smacked in the middle of all the best in the Metro, from very accessible transport services, to huge shopping malls with both local and international brands, to the best restaurants in the city. It is a mere 30-minute ride from the airport. The moment I step out of the green cab who took me to the hotel, I can fell that something special is waiting for me. The lobby is beyond chic, with an intimate feel that will surely delight even the most stylish and picky traveler. It has a sense of privacy and very intimidating if you’re not used to luxury. The lobby leads to the famous Long Bar and the modern and immaculately divine Writer's Bar. I was whisked to the front desk, like someone important but was told by the very gracious Karen that check- in will be done upstairs, inside our suite. She took me on the 10th floor and finds my butler, Dennis, who is charming and kind, waiting outside our suites. They both ushered me in and started the normal check in process like I’ve never experienced before. Heck, i haven’t experienced such special treatment for check-in in any of the best hotels in the Metro! Were done in exactly 4minutes and Dennis began his routine of introducing the suites, how to's etc... The Raffles Junior suite is huge, fit for a queen, with the commanding view of the sleek Makati skyline. The design is very contemporary, luxurious with an old-world charm that will surely impress even the most demanding starlet (with good taste, of course!).It has the most comfortable bed ever that felt like sleeping in a 300-count Pratesi sateen sheets! It has a separate receiving area with the well-lit vestibule if one wants to entertain some guests or just want to have an intimate dinner with family. The working desk is very useful for my partner's writing moments. The two flat-screen tv's had good selections from the international news channel, lifestyle channels and kid channels (which is very important if you have children). I was impressed by the cleanliness of the bathroom with two separates for shower and toilet. I spent most of my free time soaking in the tub! It was divine. An iron and ironing board is available upon request. They have a separate dresser for our luggage and enough space for keeping our clothes and shoes. The buffet selections at Spectrum restaurant are just fine. We loved the Buko Station and that honey-bee farming some really fresh honey was quite amazing. My son specifically enjoyed swimming on the cleanest pool ever. The pool area is a split between Ibiza and Caribbean modernity. The pool bar has good selection of cocktails and snacks. We loved the pool because only the residents and their guests and the hotel guests can use it. It’s off limits to outsiders even for the guests at Fairmont. Above it all, the people at Raffles hotel, from the doormen, the housekeeping team, f&b, butler service, front desk even the management team etc made up for making this legendary institution the best in the world. The service is beyond ordinary, very classy and one that you would expect for a hotel brand that caters to royalties, celebrities, oligarchs and the most demanding people on earth. It was worth every penny! We've already planned our next stay-cation, end of March. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: 10th floor junior suites offers the best view with very accessible access to the pool and Willow Sp...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased to hear that you selected Raffles Makati to celebrate your son’s birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of his special day.

I am also glad to hear that your stay was made enjoyable due to the friendliness, thoughtfulness and efficiency of our colleagues, and that they made you feel very special.

Thank you for commending the condition of our suite and its amenities and facilities. I am glad you enjoyed them including the outdoor swimming pool.

I will be sure to share your positive comments to our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your family at the end of March.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived at the hotel the day after its hard open and stayed for three nights.

The good - amazing staff. To a person they were all pleasant, outgoing, eager to please. There wasn't a single staff that did anything out of place or caused any concerns. The rooms are big, well laid out, and comfortable. There was never anyone at the pool, which has a jacuzzi as well. The staff at the pool were a bit rambunctious one day, but I asked them to lower the volume and they did. Also - the light and a/c control panel was really easy to use.

The bad - lack of outlets for personal electronics. It is inconceivable that a five star hotel just built cannot get this right. There are outlets in the night table, but they didn't work, at least in my room. There are no outlets - none! - near the desk. The outlets along the wall are inconveniently located, and four out of six along one wall in the bedroom (used for hotel items like lamps and the like) didn't work either. I had two rooms (see below), and in the first room I had to unplug one of the lamps to plug in my own stuff. In the second room luckily there was one wall outlet along the floor that I could use in the bedroom. All in all just very poorly planned.

The ugly - this is where it gets interesting. The even numbered rooms face construction that goes from 7:30AM - 10:00PM every day except Sunday. I got an even numbered room first and asked to change. 20 minutes later I'm in an odd numbered room - which faces a main road and might actually have been louder than the side with the construction. (I'm very sensitive to noise; the friends I was travelling with also faced the road but said they didn't really notice the noise until the last day.) So, after I unpack and get ready to take a nap, I hear what sounds like someone taking a shower in the room next door. Except it wasn't a shower; a few minutes later there's a bang and water starts bucketting down through the light fixtures in the bathroom. I called downstairs, grabbed most of my stuff and left the room as the water was two inches high in the bedroom. The staff came quickly and within five minutes I was upgraded to and in an Executive Suite. These rooms are HUGE. The beds are a bit soft, though. Two other things that may be of concern to travelers - in each of the three rooms I was in, the a/c unit in the ceiling made a noticeable clicking sound. The a/c in two of the rooms I had, and in my friends' room, never budged above 20C no matter how high the temp was set. In the Executive Suite, though, the a/c worked perfectly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

I am pleased to hear that your stay was made enjoyable due to the friendliness and warmth of our colleagues.

I have also noted your comments on the lack of power outlets in our suites. This has been shared with our Engineering team and is being reviewed accordingly. Our Engineering team is also working hard to ensure that our facilities are in top shape so the incident you experienced will be prevented from happening again. However, I was pleased to hear though that our colleagues were very quick in providing you an alternative suite for your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to your new home in Makati.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a little suprised when I first arrived at the Raffles. It looks more like a office block in slough than a luxury 5* hotel. (google image slough if not from UK)

I arrived at midday and my room was not ready. This was not an issue as I did arrive early. However, they very kindly offered me afternoon tea in the Libary bar whilst I waited which was very much appreciated.

I stayed in a Junior Suite. The suite was large with very high ceilings and grand furnishing. All facilities you would expect in this kind of hotel were present.

The service was OK. Very tentative, maybe a little too tentative. My butler Alvin was more of a irritant than a help. The staff were very frieldly but did not seemed well trained in the art of great service.

My biggest gripe was the Long Bar. The Long Bar in Singapore is one of the most famous bars in the world so I high expectations of this copy of it. I ordered the signature cocktail which was about $20.
I was expecting the mixologist to make me the cocktail from scratch but instead she just poured a mix from a juice bottle!
In what other 5* hotel in the world do they not mix the cocktails in front of you?!
The cocktail was very tasty but to pre mix cocktails is shameful. I would not expect it in a dive bar let alone the Long Bar in the Raffles!

This is still a great hotel just not perfect. I would stay here again over any other hotel as I do feel this is the best hotel in Makati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, February 18, 2013

I am delighted to learn that you consider Raffles Makati as one of the the best hotels in the city. We truly appreciate your support and kind recommendation especially since we are a newly-opened hotel -- it sets us to a great start. Thank you.

Our Raffles suites were designed to make our guests feel at home and we are glad that you enjoyed its high ceilings and grand furnishings. Do try our Executive Suite when you return.

I have noted your comment in regards to your dissatisfying experience at the Long Bar and the cocktail that was served to you, please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured this has already been addressed.

Once again, thank you for the feedback on the hotel and its services, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Hotel Manager

Been to Raffles Makati? Share your experiences!