“Pretty good close to the Japanese flavors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yomenya Goemon

Yomenya Goemon
2nd Floor, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center | Esperanza Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines
+63 2 729 0586
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 914 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Luzon, Philippines
“Pretty good close to the Japanese flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I ate at Yomenya Goemon once in Tokyo together with my brother and as soon as we got home I wanted to try the Yomenya Goemon here in the Philippines just to compare the flavors of the food. I found that the Yomenya Goemon here really tastes similar to the one in Japan the only difference was I think in the way of how they cook their noodles. In Japan the noodles are softer and have this really good taste with the flavors absorbed in them. The noodles here are good too except are not as soft as the one I ate in Tokyo. However I really think that the Japanese flavor is really captured well in the noodles that they make. So its a good restaurant to go to and it is not very pricey either. A must try indeed!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Makati, Philippines
“A pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Not what I expected for a Japanese restaurant. Upon checking the menu by the door, I was surprised that the menu was mostly pasta and pizza! The menu looked quite interesting so I decided to try it out. Ordering was a bit of a struggle at first and got slightly confused. You apparently have different options to mix 'n' match several items with added options to upsize. I forgot exactly what I ordered but it was a cream sauce based pasta that came with a soup, salad and drink. I opted for the large order and it was indeed large. The pasta had a bit more sauce than usual or what you usually find in Italian restaurants but very tasty. I wanted to try the pizza but was too stuffed. Now that gives me a reason to come back.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Decent portion size good concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Japanese-italian spaghetti sounds weird at first but this is well executed. The menu here is definitely foodie friendly with lots of traditional and non traditional options. My only quibble is that the red spaghetti sauce we tried didn't have the rich and savory flavor of wine based Italian sauces. It was sweeter and more like typical asian style spaghetti sauce. My date and I tried the napolitean spaghetti which had sausage and shrimp with a perfect over easy egg on top. This combination went together surprisingly well. The portion size was very good. Restaurants in Manila tend to overprice and skimp on size but everything was done to a pretty good standard at this place. We also had a chocolate cake desert that was wonderful. The cake was moist and layered with chocolate ice cream with a whipped cream topping. Well worth visiting if you're in the greenbelt and want a nice pre-movie meal. The bill came out to around 700 pesos which isn't too bad for this standard of meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paranaque, Philippines
“Fusion that is actually really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've tried a couple of fusion food attempts, particularly Japanese and western fusion. They've all disappointed me...until tried Yomenya Goemon by accident.

Dishes tried: Pizza and the Japanese spaghetti.

The Pizza: The pizza crust was soft-doughy with a nice light chewiness to it. I loved it. The flavors were just right. I think I was have the four cheese pizza? Not sure as it was friends who ordered.

The spaghetti: Its hard to describe the flavor but the way they mixed east and west in their spaghetti is amazing! I loved every bite.

I highly recommend that people give this a try. Fusion cooking that actually works. :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cebu
“Not your ordinary Japanese experience=)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Who would have thought that there is something beyond the tempuras and ramen that a Japanese restaurant cn offer. If you love Japanese foods and is looking for something more then this is a must try restaurant. Me and my hubby decided to try their food for our anniversary dinner date and it really spiced up our evening, LITERALLY! well in the good way that is. Most of their specialty when it comes to pasta and pizza are actually spicy, not just spicy but hot hot spicy, good thing we asked the waitress before we finalized our order. I love spicy food but I prefer those foods that are just spicy enough to be appreciated. We are supposed to order the chef's recommended Devil pizza but from the word devil itself, it sounds like a dangerous meal and so we asked the waitress and she told us that it is really spicy. and so she recommended something close to the devil's pizza but not as spicy and it was pretty good. they used a different pizza dough that really taste good that you will eat every last bit of it. We also ordered pasta, the SAusage,bacon and chili beef tomato based pasta and we asked to have its spice tolerable. it was good too =)

• Visited September 2013